Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Stupid.

OfAMightDivine

Jan 26, 2009, 11:32 PM
A new bill has been introduced to congress that would require camera phones to create a click or other audible noise when the phones are used to take pictures. The bill is called the Camera Phone Predator Alert Act, and would prohibit a camera phone from being equipped with a means of disabling or silencing the tone. The bill would fall under the domain of the Consumer Product Safety Commission and be treated as a safety requirement. The noise would have to be audible to anyone in a "reasonable distance" of the camera phone.

But yet, I can take a real camera, with better focus and zoom, that makes no sound and it's fine.

Stupid.
golem22

Jan 27, 2009, 12:30 AM
The only reason that this law is being implemented is because some pervs like to take "upskirt" photos and a camera phone is better for that than a camera...
golem22

Jan 27, 2009, 12:46 AM
I get the idea but what is more conspicuous, Mr wrist camera man trying to get his hand under a girls skirt or a guy holding a phone in a sloppy way?

Also do not forget that the shape of a phone is almost perfect for holding to make that up skirt shot.

Do not get me wrong its still stupid. and unfair just because some assholes use a technology for illegal purposes does not mean that everyone else should be punished.
OfAMightDivine

Jan 27, 2009, 12:52 AM
I rather thought of just the camera off the wrist, and into the hand.

Point was that it's smaller than a phone, takes better pictures, and video (generally). It's also cheaper than most phones.

I agree that it's stupid, and to be honest, it will pretty much stop me from using a camera phone if I have to hear an annoying click each time I use it. I know that sounds stupid, but it's a really annoying click to me. Most people I know also turn the click off if it comes already on a phone.
OfAMightDivine

Jan 27, 2009, 12:54 AM
If anything, it will only make pervs go get video capable phones.

Now instead of taking dirty pictures... they're taking dirty videos, since the video capture wouldn't click after it was started.

Thanks American voters!
golem22

Jan 27, 2009, 1:12 AM
just being the devils advocate but i still think that the camera is more conspicuous... I mean if i was in a line at a cinema and some guy was videotaping the event i would be quite suspicious... But people talking on there phone, thats normal...

Of course people will just start buying there phones from Europe or other places and the domestic market will suffer as a result if a law like this is passed...
srose.mhc.vzw2

Jan 27, 2009, 5:35 PM
well, if sluts wouldn't wear skirts that short, there wouldnt be a problem 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
klazziic

Jan 28, 2009, 10:06 PM
i have the answer to your question, .... follow me on this .....

(.)v(.)
Butthead007

Jan 28, 2009, 10:43 PM
You clearly do not understand the intent of the legislation. Its not stupid at all.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.