Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

class F JERK

sweetcherrygurl

Jan 26, 2009, 7:00 PM
this guy comes in, wants a case for an enV2.

we pretty much got cleaned out of our silicone cases, period, and our leather enV2 cases last week.

i show him a bytech pouch that fits the env2 perfectly. he asks me when i'm getting more in, i told him i couldn't be 100% sure, but this week, definitely.

he says okay, starts walking towards the door.... and knocks over the plastic display holding our asurion and extended warranty brochures.

he picks up the plastic case and puts it on the counter. he looks at the brochures scattered all across the floor, and WALKS OUT, muttering under his breath, "its your f***ing problem."

W T F??!?!?!

my coworker and i look at each other, call him a few choice names, and then pick up the stupid...
(continues)
smiliey

Jan 26, 2009, 7:11 PM
that is not right. lazzy a** dude
UnreasonableMan

Jan 26, 2009, 7:14 PM
Guilt by association.

I don't know you - you might be the next incarnation of Mother Teresa.

OTOH, you are doing a job which in my personal experience is normally done by deceitful and incompetent personnel.

Again, that may not be fair to you, but it's likely why he was an ass.

He might also just be an ass.

Also, I have knocked stuff over and let it lie when it was in a particularly stupid place.

And keep in mind that it is your fault (as in you and your company) that the customer made a wasted trip.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a store for something simple like a charger - for a 6 month old phone - and been told they were out of stock.

Some of the old guard independent stores aren't half bad, but I kn...
(continues)
tuxedo_rage

Jan 26, 2009, 7:33 PM
that works both ways...

what if sweetcherrygurl was having bad day?

she still gave the guy her best cust service...

custs shouldnt be a$$es just bc of a Fkcen pone case.

i understand being mad bc my phone isnt woking but a case?...

thats equalvalent to a kid crying bc they didnt get the ice cream they wanted...
tuxedo_rage

Jan 26, 2009, 7:34 PM
excuse my misspelling..
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 26, 2009, 7:50 PM
and thank you, tuxedo_rage. ๐Ÿ™‚
tuxedo_rage

Jan 26, 2009, 7:52 PM
ur welcome
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 26, 2009, 7:48 PM
UnreasonableMan said:
Guilt by association.

OTOH, you are doing a job which in my personal experience is normally done by deceitful and incompetent personnel.

Also, I have knocked stuff over and let it lie when it was in a particularly stupid place.

And keep in mind that it is your fault (as in you and your company) that the customer made a wasted trip.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone to a store for something simple like a charger - for a 6 month old phone - and been told they were out of stock.

Some of the old guard in
(continues)
tuxedo_rage

Jan 26, 2009, 8:07 PM
well played.
WorldSoCold

Jan 27, 2009, 7:41 PM
i agree!
jeffatt

Jan 26, 2009, 7:51 PM
UnreasonableMan said:
Guilt by association.

Some of the old guard in
(continues)
kapwww

Jan 26, 2009, 8:14 PM
Why is every sentence its own paragraph?
dualitycomplex

Jan 26, 2009, 10:43 PM
welcome to wireless, every customer from every carrier is a has a sense of self entitlement, some times ya just gotta throw it back at a customer put your foot in their ass and tell them that their behavior is not allowed in your store.

I had a guy come in bough his phone online wanted a free phone book transfer, sorry jack you didnt buy it here, your paying I'm not wasting my time to help you when i have paying customers in the store unless your gonna pony up some cash. The guy started to get all pissy started cursing and acting like a two year old, exact words to him.

"we are helping you by transfering your phone book for 15 dollars, i dont care what customer service said over the phone we charge 15 dollars here, if you want to go...
(continues)
golem22

Jan 27, 2009, 12:41 AM
Bravo, sometimes it just has to be that way.

totally unrelated but an interesting story none the less.

When i was around 12 years old my family owned a farm and each week we would take produce to a farmers market. Now there is a lot of competition at these venues but as it turned out that year we had the largest variety and since everything was harvested the day prior it was super fresh and vary high quality. Naturally we sold out fast on most items. Near the midpoint of the day this crabby fat and ugly as hell women came to our stall and was extremely rude and insulting. When she finally decided to buy 10 pounds of potatoes we bald face lied about the weight of the tubors she was purchasing, somehow 5 pounds became 10. Much to my sur...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 28, 2009, 10:06 AM
If you go to a retailer, they may have never offered that phone. And if you have a phone like a samsung (where every phone seems to have it's own charger) they may not even have a model that shares chargers.

Secondly, a lot of companies are switching to direct ship stocking, where a third party company (the one that they purchase their acc from) monitors store stock and ships the acc to them. So the store cannot make sure they have you charger in stock because they cannot do any ordering. Once the system is running it is rather smooth, but it can take a few months for the acc company to get used to the traffic. My company does this and it was hell for a few weeks, but we're rarely out of stock now unless everyone comes in on the same ...
(continues)
3LeggedDinosaur

Jan 27, 2009, 8:41 PM
You said: "i told him i couldn't be 100% sure, but this week, definitely."

So are you not sure or are you definitely getting them in this week?

You're lucky he didn't pee on the stand after knocking them over.

I bet he was trying to figure out in his head which one of your two personalities was right. And when he returns which one he should talk to next time? ๐Ÿคจ So you might be pregnant, I'm not 100% sure, but you're definitely pregnant. WTF, you must be a breeder. ๐Ÿ˜ก
Menno

Jan 28, 2009, 10:09 AM
Couldn't be 100% sure means day uncertain. this week defiantly means it could be any one of the several days left in this week?

I agree that the situation could be handled differently, but that phrase isn't that difficult to understand.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 28, 2009, 2:04 PM
3LeggedDinosaur said:
You said: "i told him i couldn't be 100% sure, but this week, definitely."

So are you not sure or are you definitely getting them in this week?

You're lucky he didn't pee on the stand after knocking them over.

I bet he was trying to figure out in his head which one of your two personalities was right. And when he returns which one he should talk to next time? ๐Ÿคจ So you might be pregnant, I'm not 100% sure, but you're definitely pregnant. WTF, you must be a breeder. ๐Ÿ˜ก

i said i wasnt 100% sure as to WHICH DAY this week...... sorry for forgetting to type a couple words.
sheesh.
SonsOfAnarchy

Jan 28, 2009, 2:12 PM
At our store we can see that the order has been created and shipped but we have no idea on exactly what day the shippment will be delivered. They don't give us a tracking number. Stores have a budget for accessories and we can't always have 20 env2 caese on hand. This week we might sell 20 or we might sell 5. Customers need to stop idiots. It's not the end of the world to wait a couple of days, you have gone this far with out the case!
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 29, 2009, 1:46 PM
"sir, maybe you should have purchased a case WITH the phone.... odds are a poor commission-based rep like me TOLD you that the CASE WAS CHEAPER WITH THE PURCHASE OF THE PHONE."

duh.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.