Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 71 replies

Most abusive customer remarks

armyofun

Feb 26, 2005, 5:23 PM
had a customer call in, wanted to get 2 lines. got info, ran credit, verify SSN.

me: could you verify your full social again please?

customer gives social

i check back with AR, but its still not the right social. i go back to customer

me: is the SSN you gave me yours?

cust: no, its my friends.

me: (long silence (on mute LMAO)) okay, well we do need your information in order to set up service in your name today.

cust: you dumb B!tch, i gave you the wrong number on purpose. Stupid M@ther Fu$ker.

me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH
armyofun

Feb 27, 2005, 3:41 PM
i figured this thread would have sparked some posts. oh well... ๐Ÿ˜ข
Grantizzle

Feb 27, 2005, 3:42 PM
one of the ladies i used to work with was a manager of a vzw store and someone called her a pregnant liar once.
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 3:59 PM
onetime a guy called me a useless detriment to society that should be left in the desert to die... i liked that guy
Grantizzle

Feb 27, 2005, 4:01 PM
thejason said:
onetime a guy called me a useless detriment to society that should be left in the desert to die... i liked that guy

he sounds like a quality character. ๐Ÿ™„
thejason

Feb 27, 2005, 4:07 PM
i enjoy when people can use multi-syllable words to insult me...
wyckdkitty

Jul 6, 2010, 5:54 PM
at least he was being creative...
had one that couldn't come up with anything more original than b**ch and slut (used those two words consistent for about 20 mins) ๐Ÿ™„
sugarb85

Jul 8, 2010, 7:41 PM
I would have gave him five mins before I said goodbye...your a patient woman.
JoshNTX

Feb 28, 2005, 1:40 PM
haha what a winner ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Aarynk

Feb 27, 2005, 3:48 PM
I had a customer with a water damaged phone want me to swap it out. I informed him that I could not do to the water damage. He starts spouting off about all kinds of stuff using every cuss word know to man. On the way out he asks...

"where do I get my condom?"

Me: "excuse me sir"

"where do I pick up my condom since Verizon is f****ing me"

I wanted to laugh soo bad but I had to keep a straight face. I had no reply to that I just stood there. He also stopped on the way out to tell the employee at the door that I was a "******" ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„
peaches1961

Feb 28, 2005, 11:58 PM
๐Ÿคญ o ๐Ÿ™„
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 8:46 PM
Thats freakin hilarious. I like that guy ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
sprintchickwv

Jul 6, 2010, 8:53 PM
that Verizon doesn't believe in protection. ๐Ÿ˜
wildscent

Jul 7, 2010, 8:20 AM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
sugarb85

Jul 8, 2010, 7:44 PM
Just like he didn't since he didn't add the insurance.
hishkebibble

Feb 27, 2005, 4:06 PM
well besides being threatened with death..i can't think of any.. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
wildscent

Jul 7, 2010, 8:21 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Get-A-Grip

Jul 7, 2010, 5:06 PM
When I worked at sprint I worked in saves had a guy say he knew where I worked and he was going to wait for me in the parking lot(of the call center) I told him he didn't have to do that . Since I had his name and address I would just show up at his house. It got real quite then he hung up.
sugarb85

Jul 8, 2010, 7:48 PM
LoL.
majicant

Feb 28, 2005, 12:46 PM
Customer wanted so swap out his phone cause he "dropped it in a Biggie Lemonade". I told him we cant do that...(more discussion)...

Long story short

He called me a "rat-bastard" and left the store. I thought his choice of words was pretty clever. Never heard that one. ๐Ÿคฃ
wildscent

Jul 7, 2010, 8:22 AM
atleast they're being creative ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
ripley

Feb 28, 2005, 2:42 PM
has anyone that has been told these remarks ever laughed out loud in front of them or made any remarks or comebacks of your own? if so what did they do then?
Grantizzle

Feb 28, 2005, 2:43 PM
ripley said:
has anyone that has been told these remarks ever laughed out loud in front of them or made any remarks or comebacks of your own? if so what did they do then?

i like to be a sass. i have never laughed at them, but i give them lip right back.
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 8:54 PM
I already put this in one of the other forums but it fits this one as well too

In my store its intersting because you have tons of different types of people come in from Hicks to rich bastards. Well this one night in particular we had these White trash (sorry they were)well she came in with her prepaid phone and was like I want to have this number put on that phone. I was like alright is your account active at all and she was like No I just want to change that number on this phone and add minutes on it. I was like well it needs to be active to do that and she was like thats a bunch of BS a girl in here awhile ago just went to that machine and it worked. I was like yes if you want to add minutes to it, but it needs to be active. She was li...
(continues)
Aarynk

Mar 9, 2005, 9:00 PM
the_diversion said:
I already put this in one of the other forums but it fits this one as well too

In my store its intersting because you have tons of different types of people come in from Hicks to rich bastards. Well this one night in particular we had these White trash (sorry they were)well she came in with her prepaid phone and was like I want to have this number put on that phone. I was like alright is your account active at all and she was like No I just want to change that number on this phone and add minutes on it. I was like well it needs to be active to do that and she was like thats a bunch of BS a girl in here awhile ago just went to that machine and it worked. I was like yes if you want to add minutes to i
(continues)
xAnder1620

Mar 9, 2005, 10:49 PM
Dude thats a great story I wish i could have witnessed it!!! ๐Ÿคฃ
ccanady

Mar 10, 2005, 2:36 PM
that was awesome and that should be in the HAll of Fame or something.
Cigee

Feb 28, 2005, 4:27 PM
We have very large dinosaur monitors and one day a woman who decided she did not want to wait behind the line on a very busy day where we can see her stood directly behind one of these said monitors. When my coworker looked directly at the man standing in line and said "How may we help you, sir?" the woman stepped out and got furious. "I WAS HERE FIRST!" she screamed and then looked at my coworker and said "you prejudiced b****, don't act like you didn't see me!" (she was black) We really did not see her. I was a little knew but my coworker was so speechless I stepped up and said "Mam, it is very busy in here and we do apologize for not noticing you right away but if you would like to continue using that language I am going to have to ask ...
(continues)
peaches1961

Mar 1, 2005, 12:04 AM
โ˜น๏ธ Well I am black also, didn't have to use her ethinicity to explain that ๐Ÿ™„ โ˜น๏ธ
TommyBoy

Mar 1, 2005, 10:49 AM
it could have been flipped and the lady was white but the rep was black... Also there is alot of details we dont "need" to know when people tell their stories on here but we don't point them out.. for instance we didn't have to know you were black but for some reason you chose to disclose that.
nodeposit

Mar 1, 2005, 11:58 AM
peaches1961 said:
โ˜น๏ธ Well I am black also, didn't have to use her ethinicity to explain that ๐Ÿ™„ โ˜น๏ธ

Shut up. They weren't commenting on her cause she was black, they were commenting on her cause of what she did. No, they didn't have to say she was black, but it helps to understand the situation and why she said what she did. I don't see how that can be offensive, where was the insult? Just leave the race card at home.
Cigee

Mar 2, 2005, 2:07 PM
AMEN!!!!!
Cigee

Mar 2, 2005, 1:26 PM
peaches1961 said:

Im hispanic, whats your point? If she was hispanic I would have said the same thing, if she was white I would have said the same thing. I do apologize if I offended you but it was necessary to explain what I was saying. My coworker was standing here with me reminding me of the story. Dare I say, he was black too.
lilybug

Jul 9, 2010, 11:30 AM
you tell him
swamp_donkey

Mar 1, 2005, 12:43 PM
We've been on the phone for 25 minutes, so I know you've worked there at LEAST that long... ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
dca

Mar 1, 2005, 3:11 PM
that's a good one...
poetcsr

Mar 20, 2005, 7:36 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
fedupwithidiots

Mar 22, 2005, 6:37 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ I get, can I talk to a guy. What? I am blond and a girl so I am automatically stupid? ๐Ÿ˜• Funny thing is when the associate I send them to comes back to me for help. I look at the customer and just smile sweetly and consider if I want to help them or not. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
jkrivjansky

Mar 22, 2005, 6:44 PM
I rememebr one time I was working retail sales. I had passed some test so I had a gold name badge. Didn't mean anything other than I had passed a test.

I was standing talking to my Supervisor, the Sotre Manager, and the District Mgr. cust walked up and would only speak with me since obviously I was more important with my gold engraved badge.

We had a hearty laugh over beers after work.
fedupwithidiots

Mar 22, 2005, 8:11 PM
Hehe, I get that too. Usually when I stand next to the manager, I am much taller then the manager, customers think I am in charge. It is quite funny. Then I stand next to one of the other assistant managers who is taller then I am and then they think he is charge. Funny how customers associate hieght with power.
whitebird19

Mar 22, 2005, 10:09 PM
There was a girl rep next to me on a call that had a customer asked to speak to a manager because she was a agirl; so we transfered her to a female manager ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
bk77

Mar 10, 2005, 2:15 AM
I had a lady accused me of not graduating from high school. Just becuase I wouldn't give her a new phone. Had no clue where she got that from. Where giving her a new phone, and me graduating from high school had any connection beats me. The way people think is amazing sometimes.
sammy2

Mar 10, 2005, 11:23 AM
lame attempt at suggesting you are ignorant.
longhorntodd

Mar 11, 2005, 6:22 PM
i had a customer call me a minimum wage a-hole! i quickly laughed at the person and said i bet i make more money than you do! she was well dressed and was taking a chance i know that doesn't mean anything but she could have made more than me. she told me to f off and i wouldn't let it go so how much do you make i asked. i do quite well for myself and it happened to be payday so i pulled out my paycheck and slapped it on the counter! She asked for an application!
TommyBoy

Mar 11, 2005, 11:35 PM
I like to correct peoples grammar when they get pissed and mess up a simple sentence. Like you all are stupid and i say "You mean you are all stupid". Or where is your manager at? and I say You mean where is my manager? Or a must is when anyone uses aint. I aint going to pay it! and I say "you aren't going to pay it". It's just my way of giving them an actual reason to be frustrated.
burntorange

Mar 12, 2005, 10:48 AM
I had a mother and daughter come into my store and ask about a 2 line plan.. I spent a good 30-40 minutes going over the plans, phones, features etc.. I get to the close an ask to start the activations.. The mother says "Well.. you sales people are all liers anyway so I'll just get my phones online when we get home." Shocked.. I paused a second and said. "Mam, I've been a manager for this company for about 5 years, here is my personal phone number. I can assure you that no one here is trying to decieve you.." She said "No thanks" and they walked out. It isn't what she said but that she said it so politely like she was quoting it from an article she read or something.. Nice.. ๐Ÿ™„
This_Troper

Jul 8, 2010, 8:07 PM
I used to say "mea culpa" to customers. When Isked what it means, I'd say "My fault. In Latin. I'm apologizing to you... in LATIN."
sugarb85

Jul 8, 2010, 7:58 PM
LoL...Best One So Far (BOSF)! That's for you Troper ๐Ÿ˜‰
This_Troper

Jul 8, 2010, 8:08 PM
It's good to know that the craft continues!
ElmerFudPucker

Mar 12, 2005, 11:19 AM
True Story: I had a customer, the first day of switching from being an agent selling GTE to an agent selling Verizon ONLY, and we also were on the last day of the area code change grace period. He did'n have his area code changed, after 3 months of warning, and he had a GTE phone that no longer worked becasuse of the area code change. I recieved explicit instructions that GTE phones were not to be touched without the risk of termination, and I needed my job so I couldn't help him out. He proceeded to to crumble his GTE phone in his hands and threw the pieces at me, kicked over a sign on his way out of the store, and to cap it all off got in an accident pulling out of the parking lot! Then had the BALLS to come in and ask to use our phone...
(continues)
jkrivjansky

Mar 15, 2005, 4:17 PM
Now *that* is priceless.
lilybug

Jul 9, 2010, 12:13 PM
I once had a customer come to return their phone. It was within the 30 days and the phone was like new. No problem. The phone was a free phone again no problem. Went through the steps and did the return, then the customer wanted their money back. This was at a third party retailer where the phones are free without having a rebate. He did not pay anything for the phone!!! After arguing with me he took one of my business cards and wrote down my name. When he was turning way (with my pen) The off duty police officer stopped him and made him give me my pen back.
DDA

Mar 14, 2005, 2:06 PM
My favorite was a customer who wanted to know what had happened to his rebate check. Ok, that is no big deal, we've all delt with this sort of thing before. I call the rebate company and check up on it.

He'd already cashed it...

I inform the customer that their records indicate that he's cashed his check and he calls me a freaking lier and tells me that I should call the police. At this point, I'm more than a little irritated but I managed (somehow) to get him leave without blowing up at him (not an easy task) but only after putting up with his insults for another 20-30 minutes.
kittie

Jul 6, 2010, 3:22 PM
This one is from a fraudster pretending to be the account holder, wanting to activate his phone lines..

Fraud Cust: Didn't you hear what I said, b!tch, just activate my goddam phone!

Me: I apologize but according to the memo on the--

Fraud Cust: Oh you shut up b!tch, transfer me to someone who can ***king help me.. Oh goodness, Sprint is ***king me up big time.

I transferred the a-hole to Fraud Department and the Fraud rep, with his authoritative voice, did the revenge for me. ๐Ÿ™‚
ecycled

Jul 6, 2010, 4:27 PM
Got a couple myself:

1) Guy wants his numbers transferred. I say its $10. He proceeds to drop f-bombs and this and that, my manager steps over and says there are kids present. The guy calls him a piece of sh** and stomps out. Comes back the next day, apologizes and then tells us he's (wait for it.....) a local pastor, then paid for the transfer. I flipped out, my manager a youth pastor himself heard that and we were both like WTF

2) Guy comes in throws a phone at my co-worker says stay away from my wife. Then without missing a beat my co-worker says "You Missed".

ON a sidenote my coworker was a womanizer, ****y and a former golden glove boxing champion.

Hope this makes everyone's day better. Cheers!
This_Troper

Jul 6, 2010, 4:48 PM
One time when I was in training, I had a customer tell me that he hopes I get AIDS, and that he was going to burn the call center down.
Poking Pixie

Jul 7, 2010, 4:45 PM
This_Troper said: that he was going to burn the call center down.

I would have said "Not before I do." ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
This_Troper

Jul 7, 2010, 4:58 PM
Heh. I was young and idealistic then.
Poking Pixie

Jul 7, 2010, 4:59 PM
What was that, like 3 weeks ago? ๐Ÿ˜
This_Troper

Jul 7, 2010, 5:02 PM
I've gone through 8 supervisors, 3 OMs and 2 GMs. So, yeah. 3 weeks.

The call centers, they're not good at keeping folks.
Poking Pixie

Jul 7, 2010, 5:05 PM
when one sup gets caught using prescription drugs that don't belong to them, get fired, call back with an "anonymous" tip and roll on like 5 other sups and 8 other assistant managers. All those people fired or quit in one day. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Poking Pixie

Jul 7, 2010, 5:06 PM
happened in my call center. ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€
sugarb85

Jul 8, 2010, 8:10 PM
๐Ÿคจ That's funny yet sounds so familiar...where do you work at again? Nevermind I know ๐Ÿ˜‰
This_Troper

Jul 8, 2010, 8:12 PM
Clearly, we do not work together. I'd recall an epic firing like that!
CallCenterBlues

Jul 7, 2010, 11:28 AM
cmr threatened to stick a fishing pole up my ______and pull my insides out once because I had to deny his insurance claim.
sugarb85

Jul 8, 2010, 8:11 PM
Wow, now that's creative.
lilybug

Jul 9, 2010, 12:20 PM
If he can do that then why is not on some pro fishing circit.
Daniel Dc5

Jul 9, 2010, 1:04 PM
Im normally the a hole customer when I do not get my way. Cell phone sales men and customer service agents all seem to know less then a monkey about the services and the phones. Its so pathetic for them to think they are smart, even worse corporate dealers piss me off. I hate going in there they never wanna help and act like your no one, lame ass people. I rather do all my stuff online to deal with the idiots int his world.
deepc

Jul 9, 2010, 1:14 PM
Ahh..you're the customer who keeps doing everything online yourself and then calling customer care to complain and fix it when you've screwed it all up.

Nice...I hope that you're not using my carrier.
kittie

Jul 9, 2010, 1:19 PM
And I wonder why he said we know less about phones and services? Is it because most of the time the answer he gets is a 'NO'? Or is it because he's not able to get what he want when he deals with reps over the phone or at a store? When will customers understand that we are representatives of a certain carrier, we're not gods that can give them whatever they want. Free this, free that, credit this, credit that? Ah, crap! What a bunch of babies.
ruler_goddess

Jul 9, 2010, 1:47 PM
I had a customer tell me one time that he hoped my child would die. Because I deseavered it because I was a mean b!tch. That made me mad I hung up on them
ecycled

Jul 9, 2010, 1:35 PM
Daniel Dc5 said:
Im normally the a hole customer when I do not get my way. Cell phone sales men and customer service agents all seem to know less then a monkey about the services and the phones. Its so pathetic for them to think they are smart, even worse corporate dealers piss me off. I hate going in there they never wanna help and act like your no one, lame ass people. I rather do all my stuff online to deal with the idiots int his world.

^ Definately abusive cust remarks ^

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.