Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Oh really...she doesn't??

brentgodwin

Jan 24, 2009, 2:13 PM
😳 😳

Lady comes in to transfer stuff from one phone to another.

Her daughter (maybe 9 years old) whips out a pink Blackberry Pearl.

Are you kidding me?

A 9 yo with Blackberry...Give me break....
ms.ashlee

Jan 24, 2009, 2:24 PM
Yeah!! I had a customer return an iPhone that she bought for 11 year old daughter for christmas...once her husband found out that his wife had purchased the iPhone for their 11 year old he made his wife return it... sorta ridiculous to have a data plan for an 11 year old.
Dnbstyle

Jan 24, 2009, 3:55 PM
I just did an upgrade for an 8 year old for the G1. He used to have the Pocket PC way back 🤣
kapwww

Jan 24, 2009, 7:06 PM
When I have kids, you can bet they won't have Blackberries at 9. You do have to give RIM and Apple both credit for their marketing though.

Neither company has perfect devices and most people don't use half of the available features on the phones, but everyone thinks they have to have one to be cool.

If anyone got the Storm stuff from Blackberry, there is a little book that describes the users that would want a Storm. One of those users is "Amanda". Amanda is the one who wants the device to feel cool. I love that they don't even try to hide the fact that they are now marketing to people who have no need for their device.
dummy61104

Jan 24, 2009, 8:26 PM
i remember when i was 9 i just wanted a bike.

spoiled brats these days.
xIsamuTM

Jan 25, 2009, 1:26 PM
Man, I thought i was the Sh$t when I was a kid because I had gameboy.
SirPhobos...

Jan 25, 2009, 3:42 PM
The old one that was as big as a brick and had an olive-green screen?
xIsamuTM

Jan 25, 2009, 5:35 PM
yep. those owned!
gadawg119

Jan 25, 2009, 12:35 PM
kapwww said:
You do have to give RIM and Apple both credit for their marketing though.

I swear, that's the most-used phrase out of my mouth when talking to people about the things Apple makes it LOOK like the iphone does when it really won't. (such as point-by-point GPS)

I feel like I'm always saying "If there's anything that Apple is the best at, it's advertising..."
Decept.ICON

Jan 25, 2009, 1:21 PM
IS HERE...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.