Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 52 replies

Most unbelieveable thing you've said to customer

majicant

Feb 26, 2005, 12:59 PM
I have been in the wireless industry for 4 years and customers have pushed me to my limit. I'm all about customer service and staying cool but sometimes youre just not in the mood for the bull. Has anyone else ever just lost it and said whatever you were really feeling to a customer? I need some good laughs.
Syphen

Feb 26, 2005, 4:10 PM
It didn't have to do with a wireless customer, but I had a really interesting conversation with a customer when I worked in land line customer service.

Me: Thank you for calling **** this is **** how can I have you phone number starting with the area code please

customer: (gives phone number, verifies password on account)

Me: great, how can I help you today.

customer: I need to know my bank balance.

Me: ....Ma'am, you have reached **** your land line phone company, I wouldn't have access to your bank balance.

customer: why do you people make things so difficult, all I want is my bank balance.

Me: ...You called your phone company, we don't have any affiliation to your bank, I cant provide you with that information.

cus...
(continues)
Grantizzle

Feb 26, 2005, 4:18 PM
my boss is black and almost 60 yrs old. if a customer pisses him off enough, he tells them to kiss his black ass. i like replying to customers stupid questions with stupid remarks.

customer:my phone doesn't work.

me:**check watermark** it got wet.

customer:no it didn't!

me: yes, i promise. it did get wet.
luckyman

Feb 26, 2005, 4:55 PM
had a customer say his cell would not call out, had not since he bought it.(from diff store)

he demonstrated. he punched in a #, then just waited...no send, no nuttin'

it had been a long day(xams), so it just slipped out:

"green(send) for go, Red(end) for stop, retard.

i didn't even feel that bad. 🙄
Grantizzle

Feb 26, 2005, 5:08 PM
luckyman said:
had a customer say his cell would not call out, had not since he bought it.(from diff store)

he demonstrated. he punched in a #, then just waited...no send, no nuttin'

it had been a long day(xams), so it just slipped out:

"green(send) for go, Red(end) for stop, retard.

i didn't even feel that bad. 🙄

rofl x 5556489. that is awesome.
armyofun

Feb 26, 2005, 5:13 PM
OMG 😲 đŸ˜ŗ
peaches1961

Feb 26, 2005, 6:29 PM
😕 Duh!! That was one stupid retard. You should have told him to "just put the phone back into the box" and ship it back to us. If you don't have since enough to hit the send key you don't need the freaking phone. 🙄
SprintKnowItAll

Feb 26, 2005, 6:01 PM
i had this one lady call me on the phone after already coming in the store to pay her bill and she didnt have let alone know any information about the phone. She didnt have her precash card her phone and she forgot to pack her brain aswell.
the customer and her friend were in a rush so they were pushing me and pushing me ( i like when customers are in a rush to pay their bill yet they dont even know how much it is so i have to look that up aswell ) so after dealing with her stank of perfume and horrible breath i finally paid her 2 bills.
She called me after saying her phone wasnt turned on and how i "messed up", i calmed her down and told her how payments take up to 4 hours and she then proceeded to go into "bitch" mode. I told her how...
(continues)
TommyBoy

Feb 26, 2005, 9:08 PM
When I worked for sprint there was this big a hole that would always come in there wanting stuff for free and causing problems on his bill and claiming it was always our fault if he went over his minutes.

I would often be the only person helping everyone during the evening and one night he came in with a packed lobby. He came in as usuall complaining next to my counter.(next to the customer i was helping) Once I told him to get in the back of the line and wait for assistance he started saying stuff like "You think your so cool making your little nine dollars an hour (when I made 15) and you tell people what to do. I make more in one week then you do in a year.. so on and so forth. So I looked at him and said "Trust me they have to pay me...
(continues)
justfinethanku

Jul 6, 2010, 6:05 PM
haha, best one so far!
thejason

Feb 26, 2005, 9:44 PM
I had a guy buy a cricket phone from me at nine in the morning. It was raining like crazy that day. Around two in the afternoon he came back in and claimed his phone had malfunctioned.

The phone was wet when he handed it to me, there was visible water under the screen, and just for kicks i opened the phone to look at the battery, which spilt water and what looked like asphault gravel onto my counter.

He denied that the phone had ever come into contact with water. BTW, this guy is soaked from head to toe, I think he was playing in puddles in the parking lot.

He then argued with me for 25 minutes and tried to convince me that the battery had leaked water. I finally got sick of it, so I called my other location and had a pretend co...
(continues)
peaches1961

Feb 26, 2005, 10:02 PM
Oh you poor thing, I hope that he is BANNED from shopping at that store. I am glad that I am in the call center. You guys seem to have a really hard time with "customers from hell" God Bless You All, And Have a Wonderful Day! 😁
thejason

Feb 26, 2005, 10:31 PM
haha, it's not so bad. you have a great day too, or night, as it were
Syphen

Feb 26, 2005, 11:42 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ

Thats Great!

đŸ¤Ŗ
poetcsr

Mar 10, 2005, 1:48 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ
people are so dumb!
hishkebibble

Feb 27, 2005, 2:52 PM
i think i meant to say it under my breath..but i said "you can read can't ya"?? after being mistaked for another carrier for the umpteenth time....
XPDX

Feb 28, 2005, 2:32 AM
(one giddy afternoon in the call center)

customer: (after acct verif)can I add a txt package to my service?

Me: yes, but first you must bring me ... a shrubbery!
(silence as i try to calculate my final check)

customer: (after a pause) we are no longer the knights who say "ni", we are now ...(finishes MPaTHG quote).
justpeachy

Feb 28, 2005, 11:10 AM
đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ đŸ¤Ŗ That's freakin' AWESOME. lol that would've made my day
jkrivjansky

Mar 3, 2005, 2:49 PM
. . . . . . . .m m m m m m m BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*big inhilation of much needed air*

AAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAH

I think I wet myself laughing at that.
armyofun

Mar 3, 2005, 3:59 PM
đŸ˜ŗ
iljaaf21

Jul 7, 2010, 1:40 PM
I can't beleive you got away with that. You def had the best customer ever right there!
majicant

Feb 28, 2005, 12:29 PM
I been off all weekend so I havent had a chance to read responses. These are great!

I once had a customer asking questions about the plans. His breath was so terrible and I offered him a stick of gum. He asked why I would offer. (long day) I replied that if he wanted anymore help from me it was vital that he chew the gum otherwise I would refer him to another rep whos sense of smell wasnt as good as mine.(yes I said it)

My co-workers were all holding in laughter

The funny part is he thanked me for the honesty and got a line from me. đŸ¤Ŗ
orbitalpulse

Mar 1, 2005, 5:15 PM
I have also worked for 4 years in wireless, so yea these stories are great. I've got so many it's crazy. I'm an Assistant Store Manager for Verizon Wireless, which just means less glory and more work... Now on to a story...

Sales person here sold a line to a customer. She's an older woman, kinda eccentric. She wanted to port her landline to a wireless line. I personally explained to her that it could take up to 14 days for the transfer. She wanted with the LD 600 minute $39.99 plan. She said it was for buisness and I mentioned possibly starting on a larger minute plan because of that fact. Noooo, she didn't want none of that! She said she would keep herself in check with the minutes. The other associate also said it'd be a good idea... At...
(continues)
Darth_Ix

Mar 3, 2005, 8:17 PM
I had one customer who had canceled service just outside of his thirty day window and had been charged the etf. He came into the store wanting to know why he was being charged. I explained to him the reasons then noticed that he also had an eqipment charge on his account. I ask him if he had returned his phone he told me that is why he was here. He was preaty upset when I told him that I couldn't take the phone back becuase it had been more than thirty days. He starts yelling. After about a minute of his abuse I look at him and say "Sir I'm sorry that I can't do anything but being abusive isn't getting us any where." This stuned him for a moment then he starts lighting into me again. At this point I have had enough and I tell him tha...
(continues)
the_diversion

Mar 9, 2005, 8:12 PM
In my store its intersting because you have tons of different types of people come in from Hicks to rich bastards. Well this one night in particular we had these White trash (sorry they were)well she came in with her prepaid phone and was like I want to have this number put on that phone. I was like alright is your account active at all and she was like No I just want to change that number on this phone and add minutes on it. I was like well it needs to be active to do that and she was like thats a bunch of BS a girl in here awhile ago just went to that machine and it worked. I was like yes if you want to add minutes to it, but it needs to be active. She was like you don't know what the hell you're doing this went on for awhile as she kept o...
(continues)
JamieKay

Mar 11, 2005, 6:34 PM
I had a customer really upset with me for not being able to help him, I don't recall why right now but he was yelling at me. I asked him not to yell but he continued. I interrupted him and said, "how about I just stand here while you yell at me all day." He stopped.
sugarb85

Jul 8, 2010, 4:53 PM
I like that one.
longhorntodd

Mar 11, 2005, 6:36 PM
customer stated phone wouldn't work i looked it over water mark screen wiped the contections put it back together and turned it on placed a call turned back around and called back to the phone. when it rang the customer said how did you do that i simply stated i turned it on the customer said i thought i did that i replied it must have been an ID10t error the customer said OK what do i do in the future if that happens again hold the phone upside down when you try and turn it on it helps the juices in the battery get down the connections the customer in the next desk fell out of her chair when my customer left i cant believe you called that customer an idiot i apologized to her and never used that saying again how many people know that sayin...
(continues)
Grantizzle

Mar 11, 2005, 7:29 PM
i say it all the time. it really helps me get through my day.
thejason

Mar 11, 2005, 7:45 PM
I try and help people, but sometimes you just kind of have to let go. today someone was yelling at me because they thought it was stupid that cricket didn't have nation wide service. i mean, this guy was going off, i don't think i was ever called that many names in my life.

my coworker was on the other side of the store pretending to work on the computer and he sent me a text message betting me ten bucks that i wouldn't moonwalk around the guy.

i got the text message (i don't think the guy noticed i looked at my phone, he was pacing at this point), and promptly kicked of my shoes and began to moonwalk in time with his pacing.

he actually stopped yelling, looked at me for a few seconds and walked out the door without another word
(continues)
Grantizzle

Mar 11, 2005, 8:00 PM
fantastic. 😁
hishkebibble

Mar 11, 2005, 8:16 PM
did ya throw in a HEE HEE HEE!! shamON!
Grantizzle

Mar 11, 2005, 8:19 PM
hishkebibble said:
did ya throw in a HEE HEE HEE!! shamON!

i doubt he did. if the sound effects were in there to create authenticity, he would;ve needed to hit on/do dirty things to little boys.
hishkebibble

Mar 11, 2005, 8:22 PM
and then clutch his face as he drops a prosthetic proboscis on the floor..
Grantizzle

Mar 11, 2005, 8:23 PM
yes!!
thejason

Mar 11, 2005, 8:26 PM
my moon walking skills require no sound effects to be spectacular...
Grantizzle

Mar 11, 2005, 8:38 PM
thejason said:
my moon walking skills require no sound effects to be spectacular...

i bet not. i said authenticity. đŸ¤Ŗ
Cigee

Mar 11, 2005, 7:44 PM
Ok that story just made my day and I have a new saying for all the dumbasses that come in here!!!!!
hishkebibble

Mar 11, 2005, 7:46 PM
with my luck i'd get the ex employee that knows the terminology
kittie

Jul 6, 2010, 3:04 PM
This is way back when I'm handling Outbound Sales.

Me: You are now qualified to get a brand new phone for free and--

Customer (A Bitter Old Woman): Nothing's free in this world!!

Me: Well, let me tell you, some things are still free! The simple things that can make you happy! Thank you, have a nice day! *click

😁
ecycled

Jul 6, 2010, 4:44 PM
Cust: Can I get this cheaper at wal-mart?

We get this all the time. I was fed up this day...

Me: I don't know, but I tell you what. If you go to wal-mart. Do not come here for help, ever!

They left.
rainbow_metals

Jul 6, 2010, 5:48 PM
i had a lady one time who apparently thought her husband was cheating on her and was calling to see if there was any way we could track 411 calls. after explaining to her for 20 minutes that we couldn't do it, i finally got fed up and told her that theoretically her husband could call 411, ask for paris hiltons phone number, be connected and ask her for a copy of her sex tape and no one would know. (this was when that was real big in the tabloids and such) she just laughed and finally got the point and let me go.
Owenu

Jul 6, 2010, 7:56 PM
once, i was talking to a black customer over the phone. he was so upset about his overages. i kept trying to explain what his options were. this was a really long call. somewhere in the call, he said something like, "you're just treating me like this because i'm black! it's because i'm black!" i responded with something like, "sir, you probably can't tell by the way i'm talking, but i'm black too, so that's not going to work."

back when i used to do collections, i was taught to acknowledge consumers' situations, but not to let them distract you from collecting money. i talked to this old lady, and informed her of the student loan she still owed, and she told me that she just got out of the hospital, she has an oxygen tank, her leg is brok...
(continues)
ShoopDaWoop

Jul 6, 2010, 8:15 PM
I can relate to the feeling horrible thing. We have this new sales strategy to offer too sell something to the customer every call. Adding lines, changing price plans, service extensions, etc. I had a guy a few weeks ago who had just lost his mother and father that day in a crash, and was calling to find out the process for cancelling their account. He was sobbing, as I was reading, and after it was all said and done, I had to offer him to add another line, because if I didn't and that call was heard by a higher up, I would've lost my job. I felt so $H)(y about it.
kittie

Jul 7, 2010, 6:24 AM
☚ī¸ yeah, that sucks.

That is the worst part of being in sales. Offer to each and every call, regardless of what the call is about. *Sigh..
sugarb85

Jul 8, 2010, 6:44 PM
The top paragraph was hilarious. LmAo...man!
On the second paragraph I hear ya on that...its horrible when you have to be coldly professional on collection calls I know all too well.
attwork

Jul 7, 2010, 5:46 PM
when I worked in the wireless industry I would always have people that refused to give out the last four of their SSN to verify the account. So after verifying it by other means, I would pull their account up and say "so just to verify we have your social in the account right it is ***-**-****, right?"

😈

had a few supervisor calls after those calls. 😁
looch_himself

Jul 7, 2010, 6:15 PM
I currently work for AT&T. If the customer can't or won't verify the last 4 of the SSN, they cannot access the account. Period.
ShoopDaWoop

Jul 8, 2010, 1:40 PM
With Sprint, they don't need to verify the last 4 of the social, basically as long as they have the PIN, or the answre to a security question, anyone can call in and make changes, not thte safest thing ever.
DartStuticus

Jul 8, 2010, 2:04 PM
Some places still authenticate with ONLY the last 4 of the SSN, which anyone can find on a pay stub if your not careful. PIN + last 4 would be "best" but if someone not authorized knows one, they will know the other as well. last 4 is easier to get a hold of though.
This_Troper

Jul 8, 2010, 2:33 PM
SSN verifies YOU!
andyandjustinarebetter

Jul 10, 2010, 1:48 PM
my coworker once said... did someone poop in your wheaties this morning? đŸ˜ŗ

lol
Vosberg1

Jul 10, 2010, 1:51 PM
I have asked customers if they were lieing to me....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.