Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

We're not the only ones. So happy.

kapwww

Jan 20, 2009, 6:00 PM
I have a friend who works in insurance. I was on the phone with him when he had to take a business call on another phone. I heard his half of the conversation then got the full story.

Longer story short:
Guy runs big expensive work truck through the front of his own house. Seriously messes up the truck including frame damage. Has minimal liability coverage as required by law. No rental car coverage, etc.

Insurance garage calls everyone under the sun trying to get necessary parts to get this guy driving again (though I don't feel safe knowing he's on the road) and it will take 3 weeks to get the parts and another 2 weeks to fix the truck. They have to pretty much move everything to a new frame, but the truck is so new and expe...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Jan 20, 2009, 7:52 PM
I'M LOOSING $1000 AN HOUR NOT HAVING MY PHONE AND I DON'T WANT TO SPEND $100 TO GET A NEW PHONE YOU SHOULD GIVE TO ME FOR FREE!!!! 🤣
KingTiger

Jan 21, 2009, 1:00 PM
Nope, we're not the only ones... I've seen it happen in other fields too... my favorite story is from my friend who works at an Apple retailer (not an official Apple store but sells Apple & Apple related products).

This guy (we'll call him Bob) brought in his laptop to have it repaired. I forget what was worng with it, but he didn't have AppleCare (essentially an extended service/repair program), so it was going to cost him something like $400 or $500. He's not happy about this of course, but he begrudgingly accepts & leaves him laptop there with the knowledge that it make take up a week or two to repair. (I think certain repair jobs take priority, for example AppleCare customers, and this store also gets very backed up with repairs at ti...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.