Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

have you ever had this happen to you???

dummy61104

Jan 17, 2009, 5:54 PM
i had a customer come in and was going to get 2 phones, great sale too. she asked if we took checks. i said yes.(like the fool i am)she paid the sec. deposit with cash. then i rang up the phones it was 190 something. she writes a check and i ran it through telecheck and it came back declined. i ran her daughters check, the same. i think she just wanted to bounce a check to get the phones. but i lost the sale sort of. im holding the phones till tuesday.

has that happened to anyone else or did you get the "can you put it on my bill" at the last min.?
Decept.ICON

Jan 17, 2009, 6:08 PM
Alot...I just tell them to pay up or GTFO! My retailer is owned by the mob. Our first 90 days of training consisted of 3 hr intervals of Soprano, Godfather,and Goodfella footage..

🙄

I've read threads like these a billion times on this site. Save the candid stuff for yourself. Come back when you have a real you had to "see/hear it to believe it" story cocheese. 😉
Nehemiah7

Jan 17, 2009, 6:29 PM
Simple solution, don't read it.

damn cubans..
Decept.ICON

Jan 17, 2009, 6:41 PM
🤣 Can't help bordem..
Decept.ICON

Jan 17, 2009, 6:41 PM
I FIX!
jeffatt

Jan 17, 2009, 6:13 PM
Yeah, it's happened to me a few times. Worst part of one of mine? He was converting Pick Your Plan (a type of prepaid plan, like a monthly service but paid in advance) to postpaid. That was hell. Even AFTER we un-did the postpaid activation, the PYP plan had to be set back up and what-not. Pain. In. The. Ass.
wizardofCroz

Jan 18, 2009, 12:04 PM
why would she pay the deposit if she knew the check would bounce?

You could have just given her free phones until she came up with the money to buy the original ones.
dummy61104

Jan 18, 2009, 5:32 PM
IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN THE 2 PHONES AWAY FROM OUR INVENTORY. WE COULD HAVE SOLD THEM TO A CUSTOMER THAT HAD REAL MONEY. SO I SAID THEY HAVE TO GET THOSE PHONES.
wizardofCroz

Jan 19, 2009, 10:11 AM
We have a "back" button in our system that allows us to edit the sale if anything happens such as, the check bounces or cards decline. The phones aren't out of inventory until they are paid for. I guess every company has a different system.
dummy61104

Jan 19, 2009, 10:32 AM
I put the phones on her account so once they are on an account we cannot sell them as new and have to send them away to be sold as used. even if they dont leave the store with them. it sucks i know. i lost lots of sales and phone to that.
driyac99

Jan 20, 2009, 6:03 PM
why dont you guys ring the phones up before you activate them???? i dont get it, I make sure that they pay for their phones before i activate it on their account... NO pay NO phone... i know vz indirects can do this..
jeffatt

Jan 19, 2009, 10:35 AM
wizardofCroz said:
why would she pay the deposit if she knew the check would bounce?

You could have just given her free phones until she came up with the money to buy the original ones.

Most people don't realize that even places like cell phone stores are running electronic checks. They figure they can still float it for a while.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 19, 2009, 8:14 PM
my store runs the credit, obviously, but we don't have anything to check if the check will bounce.

if the check is for more than like 50 bucks i write down the license number and expiration and contact phone number, usually you know if THEY know its a bad check they start sweating. not always, though.

i had someone the other day purchase two blackberry storms and accessories.... total came to like $613.xx and they were about to write a check.... and i was about to have an aneurysm...... but then they decided to pay visa. whew 😳

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.