Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Sad picture transfer

Tmo Slave

Jan 16, 2009, 1:21 PM
So I had a guy come in and activate 2 lines with me last night and wanted me to transfer some pictures for him. He told me they were very important because they were of his son who passed away 5 months ago. So I transfered them to his new phone. I went through the pictures to make sure they went over. It was so sad the first couple of pictures were of his son all happy and smiling at school and the last couple of pictures were of a memorial that people made for his son with signs that said things like "We miss you". I also gave him a cable to hook his phone up to his computer to transfer the pictures to his computer.

Things like that make you step back and think about what you have and how you can so easily loose it.
VOICE OF REASON

Jan 16, 2009, 1:28 PM
😢
xIsamuTM

Jan 16, 2009, 2:03 PM
I once helped someone check their voice mail that had been in there phone for months. as I did this they started to cry. it seems most of the messages were from her mother that had died just a few days past of cancer. messages from beyond or something...
Tmo Slave

Jan 16, 2009, 2:07 PM
Yeah I've done that too and older gentleman lost his son and had a voicemail from him that he wanted to save. That was sad too.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 16, 2009, 7:27 PM
i had a lady come in that had lost her husband less than a week before she wanted help saving the only voicemail she had from him because it was the only thing that had his voice that she had left.....

made me tear up a little 😢
llama

Jan 17, 2009, 10:51 AM
VZW has an arrangement with a company to record those messages...

Can I have a permanent copy made of a Voice Mail message?

Yes, permanent copies of your Voice Mail messages can be made in many ways but you can have CBW Productions, Inc. make a copy for you at a minimal fee. Go to CBW Productions and go to the bottom of the page to select the format you wish to use for your message archive. This is not a Verizon Wireless service and before any Voice Mail Messages can be copied, you must register with CBW.

If you do not have Internet access, you can contact CBW directly and place a phone order Monday through Thursday between 9am - 5pm EST and Friday 10am - 4pm at (800) 770-8046 or (877) 244-3222.

Please note: In order to have a c...
(continues)
Duct Taper

Jan 17, 2009, 10:59 AM
When I worked at T-Mo, I had a cust call in for me to retrieve the vm's she lost from her son that past away. I advised her that once they are gone they are gone, but ill look into engineering to see if they have anything still on record, they coulnt help, but I get an email from a cust care rep the next day that wanted to relay the message that the cust called back and wanted to thank me for getting her son's messages back...... my eyes were wide for a good 2 hours. My supervisor thought I was on something.
ccareatatt

Jan 18, 2009, 1:12 AM
Thats pretty cool actually. I still wonder if the 9/11 families still have these... id hate to be the dumbass rep that deletes the voicemail feature.
eljeffe666

Jan 16, 2009, 8:06 PM
i had a customer that had his wifes voice on his voicemail

now mind u that his wife has been dead for 3 or 4 years now

that was the only reason he stayed with suncom as long as he did

when tmobile took over and changed the voice mail he lost it

this was one of my older customers that came in quite a bit and usually just to talk one that i actually liked

i felt so bad that i could not get it back i tried so many things and just could not save it

i know it must of hurt to have something like that just be yanked away
OfAMightDivine

Jan 16, 2009, 11:30 PM
VZW has an agreement with a company that can record voicemails and give them to you in an e-mail as a MP3, as a CD or cassette tape, and can even transcribe it and send it to you in the mail.

It costs a small amount of money, but it's worth it for those who want to save it.

They only really require that the voicemail is still in the system, if it's gone, then unfortunately it's gone.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.