Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

can you switch these for me?

ashlen23

Jan 14, 2009, 2:14 PM
so i have this customer come in with two chocolate phones (the first ones) one white one pink he says he wants the pink phone to be white so i assume he wants to switch to the white phone

M (me)
C (customer)

m- how can i help you
c- yea i have this phone in white (shows me the pink chocolate one) and i'd like it to be white can you switch that.

m- sure its just ten dollars
c- awesome ive been driving all over town to get this done.

m- okay what is the mobile number
c- o im on revol

m- o well you will have to go to revol then to switch the service to the other phone
c - no i dont want to switch to the white phone i want you to take off the white part and put it on the pink phone

m- 😳 thats the actual phone casing
c...
(continues)
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 14, 2009, 3:16 PM
hahaha tell him to try spray paint at his own risk...

idiot
xIsamuTM

Jan 14, 2009, 5:06 PM
or get one of dem phone clippie things. that's how I eneded up with a red vx9400.
uscellagent22

Jan 15, 2009, 1:35 PM
can you say face plate???
ashlen23

Jan 15, 2009, 7:10 PM
can you say we dont carry those 😁
rhi_nan

Jan 14, 2009, 5:45 PM
or fingernail polish works. I've seen that a lot with the 7 yr olds and their $500 phones that their parents bought for them 🙄
Menno

Jan 15, 2009, 2:12 PM
we had a girl who wanted to do a warranty replacement on her voyager. Since we are a retailer we can't do it anyway, but she had covered her phone with doodling made with whiteout, including the speakers.

and she wondered why she was having trouble hearing people...
rhi_nan

Jan 16, 2009, 9:58 AM
🙄
kapwww

Jan 16, 2009, 12:17 AM
At one point I had tools to do it, but I would tell them it would be $100 and they would have to come back in 3 hours. Sliders were a pain, but you only have to take the circuit board out of the bottom half and switch them. If the customer saw how easy it was, they wouldn't want to pay, but if they tried it themselves, they would most likely kill it all.
SS EarlGoodman

Jan 16, 2009, 12:57 PM
You mean you cant switch the color casing on a phone! ALL the BEST sales reps keep a secret machine in their pocket to magically change colors of phones. tisk tisk
VOICE OF REASON

Jan 16, 2009, 1:29 PM
But only the best carry a squirt gun to make all old phones "water damaged"... 😈
KingTiger

Jan 16, 2009, 2:24 PM
🤣 🤣
HDkiosk

Jan 16, 2009, 4:21 PM
you were going to charge the cust $10 to preform a flip flop?? So you're one of those that give other retail reps a bad name...
Menno

Jan 16, 2009, 5:25 PM
esn changes? you are supposed to. The problem is everyone waives them so customers don't know the fee exists.
ashlen23

Jan 18, 2009, 12:04 PM
if i dont charge that and my company finds out i have to pay it so yes i do charge 10 to switch 🙄
SonsOfAnarchy

Jan 19, 2009, 1:36 PM
even at corp stores on the services provided sign it says $10 for esn or data transfer. So pay the $10 or do it yourself with *228 option 3. or on myverizon..... Whats worse is when they come in with a phone they bought online and diddn't bother to read the yellow piece of paper telling them to call the 800 number to activate.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 19, 2009, 8:07 PM
i really wish the owners of our premium retailer would put up that sign....

i am so sick of telling people it's a $10 fee to transfer contacts without the purchase of a phone here.... and then they whine and complain like i'm supposed to be their own personal slave..... and then they call me a liar when i tell them corporate does the same thing, it doesn't matter what customer care told them, they only get it waived if they have a VIP card.

it would make my life SO much easier if they would just put up the sign and maybe pay us even ten percent of the fee..... that way i wouldnt have to worry as much about losing actual sales over them having a fit
custservguru

Jan 19, 2009, 10:46 PM
hey im a VIP. i accidently threw away the cards... well when i read what it did for me the flyer sent to me was very vague,so i thought whatever thinking it was just another gimick, only to find out i get alot more than what the flyer said. do i need the cards to get the services?
SonsOfAnarchy

Jan 21, 2009, 1:26 PM
when your account is pulled up it will tell us if you are "VIP" under customer status. So no you shouldn't need your card, but im sure it depends on the rep that you get...
Menno

Jan 21, 2009, 1:32 PM
not all reps will know what VIP entitles. when I first started, I was told it was just waived esn and phonebook fees.
repoman

Jan 29, 2009, 8:31 AM
I received 25% off of a car charger because of my VIP status...so...that's cool.
repoman

Jan 29, 2009, 8:51 AM
So what other benefits does a Verizon VIP get me?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.