Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 87 replies

are you kidding me?

srose.mhc.vzw2

Jan 10, 2009, 12:43 PM
a man and his 7 year old daughter come into our store... daughter has the Dare. she says to me that when she turns it on it only flashes the verizon logo and won't load up.

so i take a look at it and i explain to her and the father to take it to a corp. store to get a software update done to see if that fixes the problem... if not, they'd have to call and open up a claim.

this phone is beat to sh!t, camera is smashed, scratches ALL over the place, the chrome look around the outside of the screen is all chewed apart and non-existent, like an ankle biter dog got a hold of it. and shes trying to convince her dad that she doesn't want the dare anymore, she wants a different new phone. (and no, these people do not look like they have money...
(continues)
Decept.ICON

Jan 10, 2009, 12:49 PM
srose.mhc.vzw2 said:

me: (not really, the storm is like the god of all blackberries and touch phones around...

That's the funniest ish I've heard in a while...Fanboys never cease to amaze me on this forum..
xIsamuTM

Jan 10, 2009, 12:52 PM
so "god" in the respect that it's overhyped, does nothing, and is both blamed and bleesed for everything that happens?
Dnbstyle

Jan 10, 2009, 1:16 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

The G1 rules over all!
The Storm bows before its power!
The G1 moves forth and poops all over you!

Just kidding.

If any phone rules, or is a "god" it would be something along the lines of the Nokia N96
ElTriste

Jan 12, 2009, 5:52 PM
At present, as far as touchscreen phones go, The iPhone has everyone beat. Everything else is a cheap immatation. Read: I am NOT a fan boy, and I HATE the iphone for the exclusivity, and the "look" it portrays...But to be honest, apple nailed the touch input on the phone. I was hoping the instinct would beable to counter it...but not at all. Same with the dare, the envy, the storm, the vu, don't even GET me started in how TERRIBLE the touch screens are on the HTC phones (4 or 5 clicks before the phone knows you're touching it...my CENTRO is more reactive then that) The iphone is the only thing whose touch is intuitive and flawlessly responds, due to MULTItouch and the accelerometer. I've never really played with the G1 so I won't list it amo...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 10, 2009, 1:17 PM
it does everything it was promised to do, the software is vastly improved over the release version (it ships with the new software now).

I don't think it is the "god among blackberries" but it is a VERY solid phone.
srose.mhc.vzw2

Jan 10, 2009, 1:21 PM
i think its hilarious, after reading the entire story... the only thing ya'll comment on is my opinion of the storm...

....wow
Dnbstyle

Jan 10, 2009, 1:23 PM
I just hope my daughter never turns out like that.

It kinda reminds me of that girl in the Willy Wonka movie, the really spoiled one.
xIsamuTM

Jan 10, 2009, 1:32 PM
veruca salt(sp)?
Dnbstyle

Jan 10, 2009, 1:56 PM
Yeah that's her.
MizzSprint

Jan 13, 2009, 4:30 PM
Really,

๐Ÿ˜ณ Is it THAT important to point out something that had NOTHING to do with the point of this blog?

If s/he thinks the storm is a great phone that's fine that's their opinion you have your own.

It's not that serious, what a waste!
xIsamuTM

Jan 10, 2009, 12:51 PM
are you sure they didn't have any money? that kind of attitude usually comes from the neuvox riche(sp)
Menno

Jan 10, 2009, 1:19 PM
Not in this area. I know the store. While the person could potentially be well off, it's a rather slim chance and more likely they put everything on credit card. I know families around here that re mortgage their house to buy their kids stuff. they don't have money, they just can't say no to their kids.

Besides, that is not a phone you sell without a plan, even if the person does have the money for it.
jeffatt

Jan 10, 2009, 1:00 PM
I had a co-worker with a similar experience. A record producer with more money than he knows what to do with added a line with a CE110 so his 2-year old daughter could have a real phone to play with. Apparently he said she knows the difference between a fake and real phone.

Phone was free after rebate & activation fee was waived cuz it was during the Christmas thing.
lov2rac3

Jan 10, 2009, 2:12 PM
I deal with this sh1t day in and day out. I had a 10 or 11 year old boy drop 600.00 the other day on a dare and some accessory's plus this is his third phone in less then 9 months. Only one was on his dads NE2. Mother refuses to get him insurance everytime..$4.99 a month or 600.00 every three months? ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
purplelotus

Jan 10, 2009, 6:22 PM
Oh, didn't you know? Some people like spending their money frivelously during a recession. It shows they have power and we should fear them as customers.

Sheesh.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 10, 2009, 8:38 PM
lov2rac3 said:
I deal with this sh1t day in and day out. I had a 10 or 11 year old boy drop 600.00 the other day on a dare and some accessory's plus this is his third phone in less then 9 months. Only one was on his dads NE2. Mother refuses to get him insurance everytime..$4.99 a month or 600.00 every three months? ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

i DON'T understand people who have smashed their phone all to hell or dropped it in a lake three times....

and when they're finally ready to upgrade, they REFUSE TO PUT INSURANCE ON THE LINE.

i had this one couple come in five minutes before i closed last night.....

the screen on the Dare was spiderwebbed/cracked, and they had GOTTEN IT FOR HER FOR CHRISTMAS.

they get a TE...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Jan 10, 2009, 2:20 PM
Why would you act so high and mighty deciding who gets to purchase your precious storms? I don't care who I sell the phones too. If a parent is dumb enough to get their stupid kid a $400.00 phone, thats their problem not mine. I would be more than happy to take the commission.
xIsamuTM

Jan 10, 2009, 2:22 PM
he's taking a proactive step towards bettering mankind.
Tmo Slave

Jan 10, 2009, 2:32 PM
Mankind has a long way to go and not selling a BB Storm to a stupid kid is not going to matter. They will just go to a store that will sell it to them.
xIsamuTM

Jan 10, 2009, 2:33 PM
let me dream my dream that small actions can change the world.
Menno

Jan 10, 2009, 3:50 PM
She won't be able to sell the storm anyway. that phone cannot be sold outright.
Tmo Slave

Jan 10, 2009, 6:25 PM
Not sure about other states but in CA you can't do that. You have to give the option to buy the phone without a contract.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 10, 2009, 9:05 PM
Tmo Slave said:
Not sure about other states but in CA you can't do that. You have to give the option to buy the phone without a contract.

our bosses won't even let us sell the storms for UPGRADES right now..... let alone full retail.

they even hinted our jobs could be at stake if they tried. it's not worth it to me so i just say there's a waiting list.
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 2:12 PM
The reason is because it is such a hard to get phone. We were told not to sell the phone outright. it is our policy with all blackberries (besides ones that are in stock for 90 days)
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 1:28 PM
You get commission on phones with no contracts? Nice...
hood4

Jan 10, 2009, 2:38 PM
The fact that you feel sorry for the father. Who do you think created the little monster?? She does it because she knows it works!
purplelotus

Jan 10, 2009, 6:23 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!
jonnygee007

Jan 10, 2009, 4:48 PM
I know that feeliing. I had a 20 girl come into the store. She had a Glyde. The phone was beat up and she hated the touch screen. She had only had the phone two months. She wanted the Envy 2 wich is about 360 full retail. She called her father to get permission to purchase they phone and he said NO. This girl started cryin and stomping her feet right at my desk. I was like you have to be kidding me she is 20 years old
xIsamuTM

Jan 10, 2009, 4:53 PM
"Awe c'mon daddy!! you'll spend 360 on dumb stuff like food and gas but you won't spend it on something important like a cell phone!?"
20momof3

Jan 10, 2009, 5:17 PM
"No, honey. You're right, you can starve and not have any gas in your car so you can go to the retail store to call me on your beloved phone you hate so much to b!tch to me about how bad it is. Let's just empty the entire savings on call phones for you, that way you can change them daily!"
xIsamuTM

Jan 10, 2009, 5:18 PM
"I _knew you'd see it my way! Wait 'til i tell Bob!!"
reason.voice

Jan 12, 2009, 2:30 PM
Ma'am, this one here even comes pre-loaded with the "Yay, me!" ringtone...
purplelotus

Jan 10, 2009, 6:15 PM
Wow. That's sad. I don't even know what the hell I would do if my son acted like that -- granted he's not even out of the womb, but he WILL know what it means to have manners and be disciplined when it's right.

He can't run around like a little savage and expect he's going to get everything he wants.

And the poor father either is stupid and doesn't know the meaning of discipline which is why his daughter has him wrapped around her little finger. OR he's tried too hard to buy her affection due to divorce, broken home, whatever and it's come back to bite him in the ass.

God... What a world.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 10, 2009, 9:06 PM
purplelotus said:
Wow. That's sad. I don't even know what the hell I would do if my son acted like that -- granted he's not even out of the womb, but he WILL know what it means to have manners and be disciplined when it's right.

He can't run around like a little savage and expect he's going to get everything he wants.

And the poor father either is stupid and doesn't know the meaning of discipline which is why his daughter has him wrapped around her little finger. OR he's tried too hard to buy her affection due to divorce, broken home, whatever and it's come back to bite him in the ass.

God... What a world.

we are in so much trouble...... ๐Ÿ˜ณ
SS EarlGoodman

Jan 12, 2009, 12:00 PM
First off, where do you get the balls to pass judgement and decides who is worthy of the blackberry storm or not? whether or not you want to see that phone destroyed to bits or not it is your JOB to sell that phone to whoever wants it. And btw the storm is the biggest POS touchscreen phone I ever had the displeasure of using.
wizardofCroz

Jan 12, 2009, 12:15 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ wow tell us what you really think... and to tell you the truth, I wouldn't pass judgement on what his or her "JOB" consists of. I'm not sure if you're a sales rep or not, however, if you are, you should know its NOT our job to take orders. If a 7 year old comes in wanting a blackberry, its not in my job description to sell him or her one. So you might wanna backtrack a tad and be careful who you call an "idiot"
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 1:20 PM
wizardofCroz said:
If a 7 year old comes in wanting a blackberry, its not in my job description to sell him or her one.

It's in your job description to sell to whoever she's with. But hey if you don't want to do your job competently...
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 3:06 PM
You sell every 7 year old how wants a blackberry a blackberry and then watch when they are returned because "precious" changed her mind. Then you eat the cost of the phone because you cannot legally sell a used phone as new. So instead of "Making" all that money on the sale, you end up losing the money on the plan in addition to the 400 price of the new paperweight you just put back in your inventory.
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 3:51 PM
Menno said:
You sell every 7 year old how wants a blackberry a blackberry and then watch when they are returned because "precious" changed her mind. Then you eat the cost of the phone because you cannot legally sell a used phone as new. So instead of "Making" all that money on the sale, you end up losing the money on the plan in addition to the 400 price of the new paperweight you just put back in your inventory.

Wow, that's a nice made up situation you got there. If precious wants a black berry it's not up to me to buy it for her, it's up to her parents. You are not her parents so stop speaking for them. Infact stfu all together. If they want it, they got it. You don't have a crystal ball to know if the...
(continues)
SS EarlGoodman

Jan 12, 2009, 1:33 PM
As a matter of fact I am in sales and I am not passing judgement on anyones job. If you are in sales and a customer wants a phone, you sell it. End of story no buts about it. And now sir, I call you too an idiot.
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 2:29 PM
If they are buying a phone that you know is not the best choice for them (and unless the kid is playing the stock market, it's not the right phone for her)

My job is to sell someone a phone they will be satisfied with and that they will keep for 2 years and come back to purchase their upgrade from me. it is not to simply give them whatever they demand without qualifying them.

I Do not sell made-to-order hamburgers, I sell cell phones.

I've had countless customers come in wanting the glyde (if you hate the storms touchscreen, try that POS) I've talked them out of it. I have yet to have anyone return the phone I sold them instead. Several people have thanked me for keeping them from that phone because the people I couldn't convin...
(continues)
SS EarlGoodman

Jan 12, 2009, 2:36 PM
Right, and I fully agree with that. But to say that you are not going to service a customers wants or needs based on their age looks or actions while in their store is unfair and discriminitory. All we can do is OFFER to help our customers, some people are just to stubborn to listen to reason, and those are the people (like the ones mentioned in this story) who come back in months needing a new phone.
southdude1

Jan 13, 2009, 10:51 PM
discriminitory? Who cares ! she was 7.
We are professionals who lack time, overworked & get **** from every twit there is. I for one would not listin to a 7 year old. If the father was saying yes to her demand, well thats a different story
SS EarlGoodman

Jan 14, 2009, 1:44 AM
๐Ÿคจ
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 2:45 PM
Menno said:
My job is to sell you the best phone and the best plan to fit your wants and needs. I cannot do that if I just give you whatever your first inpulse "needs" are.

Bit of a contradiction there? And what is up with pretending you never get a return? And that whole 'keep phones for 24 months' thing is just utter bs. It doesn't matter after 30 days or 90 days for boltons. You just think you're special cause you print out a contract someone signs.

If Joe Blow wants a PDA even though Joe Blow will never get past the Dial feature wtf do I care? Who are you to assume you know better than Joe Blow? You think people who get a Mercedes do it for the features or for the sheer fact it's a Mercedes? This ...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 3:04 PM
I have had returns. I've just never had a return on someone I convinced NOT to buy a glyde (we keep one in our store just for demonstration purposes. That phone is garbage, but everyone wanted one because it was cheap and it was a touchscreen with a full keyboard.

If joe blow really wants a data phone even though he will never use it, and he doesn't listen to me I will sell it to him. But qualifying a customer so they actually get a plan they will KEEP for more than 200 days (that is the payoff period between Verizon and my company) will actually net me money.)

If joe blow really wants that blackberry, and he is willing to pay 29.99 a month for a feature he will never use, I will sell it to him. But I will make sure he knows exactl...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 3:23 PM
If my job was to sell a customer whatever they wanted, no qualification needed, I would need no training save how to activate the phone and ring it out.

I would not need to know how the phone works since that is the customers responsibility. I would not need to know how features or plans work because the customer should know that before they come in. I would need to know nothing but the Price of the phone and what features it required.

But since My company and Verizon spends so much trying to train employees about how to qualify customers, since one of the percentages I am "judged" on is my return percentage, and since Verizon offers a worry-free guarantee even if they end up LOSING money whenever a customer returns a phone, I would ...
(continues)
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 3:54 PM
Heh, didn't get it all out the first time? Basically I can summarize your entire argument with the following words: "blah blah blah me me me blah blah blah"
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 4:04 PM
There is no edit function. Thus the double post. If you are attempting to troll, you will have to try much harder than that.
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 4:06 PM
Menno said:
If you are attempting to troll, you will have to try much harder than that.

I'm more of a minotaur.
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 4:48 PM
That would imply cunning.

You used "Blahblahblah" to retort an argument. That is a Troll.
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 5:25 PM
Your argument was addressed and rectified in your earlier post.
kapwww

Jan 14, 2009, 12:13 AM
SO you would work for Radioshack, Bestbuy, or Costco. Just know the price and take the money.
ajlineman

Jan 12, 2009, 3:30 PM
I'm not the average consumer but if I were buying something (cell phone/accessory or anything else) I would rather buy something from Menno who's gonna give me honest feedback on my choice and let me know if its the best choice or if there is something bettter that is gonna make me happier. I mean I'm the idiot consumer, I don't know what I need, he's the expert, he knows what he has to offer, and I go to him to make sure that he does just that, pair up my needs with what he has to offer.
moemoe26

Jan 12, 2009, 3:40 PM
and thank you for it but this is shop talk ...not general forum....YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN A REFUND...Have a nice day
moemoe26

Jan 12, 2009, 3:44 PM
sorry i mean lounge...
wizardofCroz

Jan 12, 2009, 3:54 PM
๐Ÿคจ

He's one of us. He said he's not an average consumer, but if he were....
ajlineman

Jan 12, 2009, 5:00 PM
Yeah I work for AT&T wireless.
And talking about wireless sales doesn't belong in shop talk?
If I'm outta line, lemme know, but I'm pretty sure you needa check yourself man...

Freakin forum police.... sigh.
If your going to police, at least drop the right people.
moemoe26

Jan 13, 2009, 10:27 AM
eat it....how about that? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
MizzSprint

Jan 13, 2009, 4:37 PM
You're kidding right? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
wizardofCroz

Jan 13, 2009, 2:29 PM
๐Ÿ˜Ž we got ur back AJ
OfAMightDivine

Jan 12, 2009, 3:47 PM
ajlineman said:
I'm not the average consumer but if I were buying something (cell phone/accessory or anything else) I would rather buy something from Menno who's gonna give me honest feedback on my choice and let me know if its the best choice or if there is something bettter that is gonna make me happier. I mean I'm the idiot consumer, I don't know what I want, he's the expert, he knows what he has to offer, and I go to him to make sure that he does just that, pair up my wants with what he has to offer.

Fixed.

There isn't one single consumer who needs a cell phone. The only people who really could need a cell phone are Emergency personnel.
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 4:01 PM
ajlineman said:
I'm not the average consumer but if I were buying something (cell phone/accessory or anything else) I would rather buy something from Menno who's gonna give me honest feedback on my choice and let me know if its the best choice or if there is something better that is gonna make me happier.

Here's what Menno is going to do. The 'best choice' is going to be whichever service Menno offers (in this case Verizon). The 'best phone' is going to be whatever is easiest for Menno to push on you, despite the fact you obviously want another phone. The best 'feedback' is going to be what Menno decides to give you. Your entire faith in Menno comes from his/her claims on the INTERNET that they're deathly...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 5:00 PM
[quote]
The more the customer wants something, the less risk there is of them returning it. How ****ing difficult is this to comprehend? [/quote]

You obviously didn't track storm sales, did you? A ton of people wanted that phone. A ton of people purchased that phone. And then a ton returned it. They obviously got what they wanted, and they were complaining about not having it for months beforehand, and yet they returned it. (and yes, quite a few did return it becuase they "didn't know they needed data")

In this area Verizon is the best choice because it is the ONLY 3g operating in the area, it also has the strongest signal strength (which is why port ins are through the roof). If they are looking for dirt cheap service they wou...
(continues)
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 5:33 PM
Menno said:
You obviously didn't track storm sales, did you?

A little yes. Yes I realize they suck. Yes I realize a lot of people aren't satisfied... a lot are. Including 60 year old guys named Paco and guys that fill tires that change services on me every week. Kudos...

I don't sell the iphone but I can show you features that it has on another phone.

No, you can't. The iphone runs third party software that is only designed for the iphone. There is no other phone that runs the hundreds of applications that it runs when jailbroken (or for the 3g ones the way it comes). I just plain don't tell people about that, but whatever if you want to give false information instead and ...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 7:43 PM
You are some noob though, thus I am talking in a language you should understand.

I have people get in their car and drive to my store to purchase the iphone. I am a verizon retailer so I don't have the iphone. Thus I try to convince them to get another phone. Under your "only sell the customer what they want" mantra, I should tell them where the ATT store is since they really want an iphone and I can't provide it.

And with the iphone I am not talking about specific apps. Most customers could care less about the specifics of the phone. I am talking something basic like "I want a touch screen" "I want something with a web browser" "I want a music player."

All three of these "needs" can be satisfied by phones that are not the ip...
(continues)
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 8:27 PM
Menno said:
You are some noob though, thus I am talking in a language you should understand.

I've been here for two years.

I have people get in their car and drive to my store to purchase the iphone. I am a verizon retailer so I don't have the iphone. Thus I try to convince them to get another phone. Under your "only sell the customer what they want" mantra, I should tell them where the ATT store is since they really want an iphone and I can't provide it.

You're an idiot. You can't sell them what they want if you don't have it. I'm not going to waste my time with the rest of this post as stooping to your intelligence belittles us both.
wizardofCroz

Jan 12, 2009, 3:22 PM
If redneck randy wants a blackberry because the name says blackberry, i will do everything in my power to talk him out of that phone, or better yet, ask questions and find out WHY and HOW he uses his phone on a daily basis.

It is NOT in my job description to take orders from customers. People come in all the time and say "I want the iPhone", we don't sell the iPhone at this location, so instead of saying, "go somewhere else", I try and talk them into the BOLD, or another PDA.

According to ACF and SSEArl, i should just send all of these people out the door when they say they want the iPhone.

People have no idea what they want, only what they THINK they want, and what their peers tell them. It's our job to educate customers and mak...
(continues)
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 4:05 PM
wizardofCroz said:
If redneck randy wants a blackberry because the name says blackberry, i will do everything in my power to talk him out of that phone, or better yet, ask questions and find out WHY and HOW he uses his phone on a daily basis.

Please do it will make it easier to sell him when he comes here.

It is NOT in my job description to take orders from customers.

Um, yes, it is. Within the limitations of what the company allows of course.

People have no idea what they want, only what they THINK they want, and what their peers tell them.

Yes, and you, a peer who stands to profit will tell them what you think they want. You go ahead an...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 5:03 PM
Right, because a sales pitch that can be completed with "do you want fries with that?" is defiantly going to leave your customers satisfied.

Why even know anything about your phones? Just hang a sign outside your window that states that customers should know exactly what they want before they enter your store, and that all sales are final and see how far that gets you.
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 5:35 PM
Menno said:
Right, because a sales pitch that can be completed with "do you want fries with that?" is defiantly going to leave your customers satisfied.

Personal attack/ad hom in no way addresses anything stated. Again, you fail, epicly.

Why even know anything about your phones? Just hang a sign outside your window that states that customers should know exactly what they want before they enter your store, and that all sales are final and see how far that gets you.

I have no idea what you're talking about I know everything about everything sold here. I even know more than you about things you don't sell like the iphone.
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 7:36 PM
Why know things about the phone if the customer does not ask you about features? If a customer comes in and says I want the iphone, should you just not ring them out no questions asked? that is what you are telling others to do.

Why bother learning about phones if you never qualify customers and only give them what they ask for?

And I do know quite a bit about the iphone, even if I don't sell it.
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 7:40 PM
Menno said:
Why know things about the phone if the customer does not ask you about features?

Because I have nothing better to do and it helps when they ask me very intricate questions that don't matter.

Why bother learning about phones if you never qualify customers and only give them what they ask for?

Qualify them for what? I don't bullshit them. I give them what I want and I'm able to answer any question they have. You bother knowing about phones to be able to not only match them with what is good for them, but also to be able to seem knowledgable. The only times they don't care about knowledge is if you work at walmart or something in which case..ah **** it why am I ev...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 7:48 PM
You corrected me on software, which is pointless because I wasn't talking about software.

And you as an order taker should not be matching them with what is good for them. How DARE you presume to know what is good for them. If they come in looking for an iphone obviously iphone is the only thing you should sell them because that is what they want. Never mind that they will try canceling the data on it, that they will break it in two week because they work at a construction site and have gone through six ruggidized phones in the past two years. They want the phone so you give it to them.

You are giving the Walmart mindset of "do your research before you come to the store because I'm not going to find out what you really need for you....
(continues)
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 8:34 PM
Menno said:
And you as an order taker should not be matching them with what is good for them. How DARE you presume to know what is good for them.

I'm not an 'order taker'. If they're undecided I make them want something. If they already want something specific I give them what they want. If we don't have it I make them want something else. **** the rest of your post you make stupid **** up about me. I don't give a god damn what you do people like me take your potential customers and make huge commission checks.

You are giving the Walmart mindset of "do your research before you come to the store because I'm not going to find out what you really need for you."

Again, I al...
(continues)
wizardofCroz

Jan 12, 2009, 6:02 PM
AlienCellFiend said:

Please do it will make it easier to sell him when he comes here.

Why would he go anywhere else? He gets to talk to a person who is an expert on phones, rather than someone at the deli counter wanting a number 6 with a large soft drink.

Um, yes, it is. Within the limitations of what the company allows of course.

Um, no its not. My job is to put the right person and the right phone together, reguardless of the customer's wants.

Yes, and you, a peer who stands to profit will tell them what you think they want. You go ahead and do that because when I let them in on the truth they will return to you and buy here. You're not a real estate ...
(continues)
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 8:38 PM
wizardofCroz said:

Why would he go anywhere else? He gets to talk to a person who is an expert on phones, rather than someone at the deli counter wanting a number 6 with a large soft drink.

The person gives inaccurate information about a product they do not carry. Being on phonescoop doesn't qualify you as an 'expert'. It qualifies you for working a lot of hours. The rest of your post is convoluted, disoriented, and down right erroneously entered...
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 4:08 PM
Sell them on what they DONT want and 90% of the time they will return or exchange it and get something they do want.
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 4:49 PM
Right, so selling them a blackberry storm when all they really want in a phone is on the dare will result in returns. Which is what we've been saying all along.
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 5:37 PM
Menno said:
Right, so selling them a blackberry storm when all they really want in a phone is on the dare will result in returns. Which is what we've been saying all along.

Not if 'all they really want' is the Storm. That's when you give them the Storm. Unless they are senior citizens only an idiot would dissuade them from purchasing what they specifically got in their car for and drove to your store for.
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 7:49 PM
What is the difference between them being a senior citizen or them being a 7 year old? Why is it ok to sell to one and not the other?
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 8:35 PM
I've never seen a senior citizen get a black berry and keep it, ever. They can't figure it out.
Menno

Jan 12, 2009, 10:27 PM
I've never seen a 7 year old get a blackberry and keep it without breaking it, ever. When they break it, their parents put them back on their old phone and guess what... it's a charge back.
wizardofCroz

Jan 12, 2009, 3:15 PM
SS EarlGoodman said: I am not passing judgement And now sir, I call you too an idiot.

๐Ÿคจ
Burger Time

Jan 12, 2009, 12:19 PM
May I recommend twenty minutes in the morphine drip room?
AlienCellFiend

Jan 12, 2009, 1:21 PM
Damn straight.
kapwww

Jan 14, 2009, 12:05 AM
Off the topic of the spoiled girl, but on the topic of the POS Storm, I agree. I even told my BB rep today that they totally dropped the ball and screwed the pooch on this one. He didn't even try to argue the points with me. He just took notes, thanked me for my opinion, then admitted that was the general consensus about the phone. Then he bought lunch, so I don't think I ticked him off with my honesty or anything.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.