Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

working by myself.... why do i ALWAYS get the weird customers????

sweetcherrygurl

Jan 9, 2009, 3:59 PM
first thing this morning.... i'm walking into my store with my bagel and drink in my hand, juggling the keys... it is FIFTEEN MINUTES before i open.

this guy comes up and goes, "oh, good, i caught you before you went in. i have a question!"

W T F.......

i am NOT in the STORE yet..... so LEAVE me alone i want to enjoy my bagel in PEACE. by the time i got away from him and went inside, my bagel was COLD. auugghhh!!!! ๐Ÿคจ

and i also just now had a lady in here.... she goes, "do you have any of these batteries in stock?"

she holds up a lime green battery that i instantly recognize as belonging to a LANDLINE phone. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

*shakes head*

"no, ma'am, we don't, try best buy or something..."

๐Ÿ‘€
WZ_agent

Jan 9, 2009, 4:05 PM
they wait until you are alone. that way so you have no witnesses to prove it happened.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 9, 2009, 4:12 PM
WZ_agent said:
they wait until you are alone. that way so you have no witnesses to prove it happened.

that was my theory, too.
WZ_agent

Jan 9, 2009, 4:13 PM
i call it stealth crazy. or insanity ninjas
Ghosthendrikson

Jan 9, 2009, 4:20 PM
"insanity ninjas" That is a whole bucket of awesome.
reason.voice

Jan 12, 2009, 3:20 PM
Wouldn't they be "sanity ninjas?" They swoop in, lay waste to your braincells, and leave without even tripping the motion-sensors...

๐Ÿ‘€
dualitycomplex

Jan 9, 2009, 10:39 PM
my favorite, is the store not being open or just getting closed and the customer catching you keys in hand, with the words.

"Hey, I just have a quick question" LIAR LIAR LIAR there is no such thing as a quick question followed by the question something you dont do at your store, IE land line issue, try explaining to the customer you dont do that, they keep cutting you off go one and on for 20 minutes ( i thought this was a quick question ) and then get mad when they finaly let you speak and you "wasted" their time. argh I just wanted to have my coffee and cigarette or get in my car and go to the diner and have some dinner. thanks much R-Tard custie.
jeffatt

Jan 10, 2009, 10:04 AM
lol yea...anytime they're catching you at close/open, it will never be a quick question

Like the other day, guy came in as I was literally locking the door said he had a quick question. His "quick question" was converting a consumer plan into a CRU account and doing a transfer of service of several of his employees' lines into it. I told him "IF all that is possible, it's very time consuming and I'm on my way home."
Menno

Jan 10, 2009, 10:42 AM
it's amazing how much customers think can be done by just pressing a few buttons, or how we should be able to look up their account with only the info they feel like giving us.
Menno

Jan 10, 2009, 10:20 AM
Most of the time I tell those customers that show up early "I'm sorry, but we don't open until xx๐Ÿ˜กx"

Thankfully I can usually get in the store before anyone else shows up. If there is someone waiting outside before we open, I make sure I dont open till exactly the time.

I had a lady call me this morning asking me for help with her Go Phone and how to re-activate it (I am VZW) and wouldn't believe me when I said I had no idea how their systems worked and refused to call the customer service (ATT) number I gave her because she "hated dealing with them" but didn't want to hear about in pulse because "our phones sucked."

Sorry, but if you want service, you kinda have to be using a product I offer.. ๐Ÿ™„
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 11, 2009, 4:41 PM
same here that drives me nuts.

when people come into my store, ignore the EIGHT FOOT WIDE verizon sign behind me, and expect me to know every possible secret to their POS AT&T phone...

gimme a break. verizon doesn't train on at&t phones, and if you're a a$$ about it, i won't apply my own learned knowledge about phones to your at&t/sprint/t-mobile phone.
datboicamron

Jan 12, 2009, 12:25 PM
I hate that sh*t. I always have cust coming up to my kiosk (T-Mo) with either ATT phones asking for help and when I tell them i only deal with T-Mobile and the ATT kiosk is 20 feet away they say they dont like going there cuz the people never want to help. So ok if the company you have doesnt like helping you why the hell do you think I would?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.