Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 43 replies

Whoooo!

Ellie004

Jan 9, 2009, 3:57 PM
I applied for another position and I got it!

I'm so excited ๐Ÿ˜

Lets celebrate ๐Ÿ™‚
ccareatatt

Jan 9, 2009, 4:08 PM
congrats, what will you be doing?
Ellie004

Jan 9, 2009, 4:12 PM
I'll be the new inventory coordinator ๐Ÿ˜
Keith-IA

Jan 9, 2009, 5:47 PM
Ellie004 said:
I'll be the new inventory coordinator ๐Ÿ˜

Cool. I'm one of them.
Ellie004

Jan 9, 2009, 6:16 PM
๐Ÿ˜ Awesome ๐Ÿ˜

I just have to see if I pass the background driving test....๐Ÿ‘€
jeffatt

Jan 9, 2009, 6:22 PM
Thankless job. I'm not an inventory mgr, but I can see even from our perspective that the job is not easy or rewarding.

No matter what the circumstances, if you are out of stock on something, it will inevitably most certainly be the inventory mgr's fault because he/she has no clue what they are doing. Meanwhile, owners & management will be constantly on you about cost & product shelf time.
Decept.ICON

Jan 9, 2009, 6:26 PM
STFU!
Ellie004

Jan 9, 2009, 6:39 PM
Thank you!

You took the words right outta my mouth ๐Ÿ˜
Decept.ICON

Jan 9, 2009, 6:43 PM
๐Ÿ˜‰
Ellie004

Jan 9, 2009, 6:39 PM
I'm not going to be the inventory manager.

๐Ÿ™„
jeffatt

Jan 9, 2009, 6:54 PM
manager, coordinator, whatever...splitting hair at that point

But get off your high horse. Congrats and everything, but I didn't say anything about it being good or bad or anything else. Just stating what I've seen in my experience.
Ellie004

Jan 9, 2009, 7:02 PM
My high horse? Wow.

Who are you anyways?
Menno

Jan 10, 2009, 1:56 PM
He's Jeff..

Jeff works for ATT

He's jeffatt?
Keith-IA

Jan 9, 2009, 6:53 PM
jeffatt said:No matter what the circumstances, if you are out of stock on something, it will inevitably most certainly be the inventory mgr's fault because he/she has no clue what they are doing. Meanwhile, owners & management will be constantly on you about cost & product shelf time.

Out of stock happens. You deal with it when it does. With proper planning (ie: automated ordering processes that base stock levels on what sells and what doesn't) goes a long way to keep management as happy as they can be.

Now, go whiz in someone else's Cheerios.
jeffatt

Jan 9, 2009, 6:58 PM
That's what I'm saying. Stuff happens and when it does, everyone is quick to blame the inventory manager regardless of the circumstances. Therefore, making it a thankless job. Everyone acts like that's a bad thing...

An automated ordering system isn't 100% effective either. If it was, then there would be no need for anyone to work in inventory because the automated systems would do everything.
Ellie004

Jan 9, 2009, 7:06 PM
I'm just happy to get out of the retail side of things...

I am very unhappy in the store that I am in now.So..yes this is a big deal for me. Sorry if you hate your job and/or company...stop TRYING to rain on other people's parades.
Sonniku

Jan 10, 2009, 10:58 AM
It didn't seem like he was trying to rain on your parade, just simply trying to give you a heads up for what was possibly to come. I know I would appreciate being told what I was getting myself into so I could prepare accordingly. Wouldn't everybody? ๐Ÿคจ
Sonniku

Jan 10, 2009, 10:59 AM
Oh, and congrats on your new position, btw. ๐Ÿ˜
jeffatt

Jan 10, 2009, 12:23 PM
Sonniku said:
It didn't seem like he was trying to rain on your parade, just simply trying to give you a heads up for what was possibly to come. I know I would appreciate being told what I was getting myself into so I could prepare accordingly. Wouldn't everybody? ๐Ÿคจ

Thank you my fellow Sega-loving friend! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Exactly what I was going for there
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 5:07 PM
Nope...

He doesn't know how it is in every company. He doesn't know how THIS company operates.
Sonniku

Jan 10, 2009, 5:36 PM
Well, i would assume that whether or not he knows how your company is irrelevant. I believe he was placing a blanket statement over the job in general. You're saying it's different where you work. That's good. I'm pretty sure he didn't intend to offend you when he first posted, just inform. However, when you attacked him, saying he was "raining on your parade" he responded with the "high horse" comment. At least that's my viewpoint on this... ๐Ÿ˜
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 5:09 PM
him telling me that I need to get off of my "high horse" is him being a jerk...not him being helpful
Sonniku

Jan 10, 2009, 5:39 PM
well, it's only natural for someone to retaliate when attacked... ๐Ÿ˜•
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 5:45 PM
OH...when attacked?

He wasn't attacked. I just said he was trying to rain on other people's parades. That is not an attack.
Sonniku

Jan 10, 2009, 5:54 PM
well, if it wasn't an attack, what would YOU call it? ๐Ÿคจ
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 5:55 PM
A statement. Don't rain on my parade...I mean come on...How is that an attack? Really?
Sonniku

Jan 10, 2009, 5:57 PM
You are STATING that someone is "raining on your parade". That STATEMENT right there is ACCUSING a person of something. If that's not a attack, I don't know what is...
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 5:59 PM
If you take that as an attack you need to grow a pair..seriously.
Sonniku

Jan 10, 2009, 6:04 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ Ok. So if what you said can't be construed as an attack on someone, then what jeff said couldn't possibly have been considered offensive now, could it? ๐Ÿ™‚ It was just a STATEMENT saying how the job could be. Not how YOUR job WILL be. And according to your own words, nobody can get offended by a statement now, can they? ๐Ÿ˜
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 6:07 PM
Nope not what I said at all. What he was doing was being a hater. If someone else is happy about something...why can't you just keep your negativity to yourself? His statements were uncalled for and negative towards me trying to make me feel bad. Raining on someone's parade is not an offensive statement at all. "get off your high horse" thats a little much.
jeffatt

Jan 10, 2009, 6:11 PM
oh god...get over yourself...I guess I have to spell this one out

You: celebrate possible new position
Me: set expectations based off experience
You: snooty, smart-ass comment
Me: get off your high horse
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 6:19 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Omg...I'm going back to the lounge.

You guys are whack.
Go play some sega.
Sonniku

Jan 10, 2009, 6:19 PM
Hmm...while i can understand how you may have believed that his statement may have been directed towards you, he has already stated that wasn't. Even though he never even mentioned you in the post he made at any point, he apologized for hurting your feelings. The "high horse" comment was was in reference to you catching feelings for something that wasn't directed towards you, that's all. At no point during this post-session do i believe that anyone in this forum intentionally meant hurt one another. Am I right? ๐Ÿคจ
M15TER P1NK

Jan 10, 2009, 6:37 PM
I love it when my reps can both fix vision service on a phone for a customer and crush someones dreams at the same time

now thats multitasking.

๐Ÿคฃ
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 6:38 PM
๐Ÿคจ And YOU are?
M15TER P1NK

Jan 10, 2009, 8:24 PM
Sonnikus manager, used to be on these forums all the time. now i rarely have the oppertunity. besides a lot of the regulars are gone now. i miss those guys โ˜น๏ธ
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 8:26 PM
Sonnikus?

I guess.
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 8:27 PM
That guy

No dreams shattered at all

Him and his friend need to grow a pair though
jeffatt

Jan 10, 2009, 5:53 PM
Ellie004 said:
Nope...

He doesn't know how it is in every company. He doesn't know how THIS company operates.

I'm sure there are differences on some level, but that's the general concept of inventory personnel. Same as a salesperson is a salesperson is a salesperson.

Ellie004 said:
him telling me that I need to get off of my "high horse" is him being a jerk...not him being helpful

Maybe you shouldn't reply with a snoody smart-ass reply when somebody gives you input on what to expect.

Ellie004 said:
OH...when attacked?

He wasn't attacked. I just said he was trying to rain on other people's parades. That is not an attack.

I apologi...
(continues)
20momof3

Jan 9, 2009, 10:45 PM
CONGRATS!!! Very Happy for you! I'll have a drink for you tonite if you have one for me...and we can celebrate that way!
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 5:09 PM
Thank you ๐Ÿ˜

So how many drinks did you have? lol
20momof3

Jan 10, 2009, 5:13 PM
LoL not many...I'm a cheap date. I'm toast after a couple of shots... โ˜น๏ธ I've been trying to build my resistance...but it doesn't work like I want it to.
Ellie004

Jan 10, 2009, 5:32 PM
lol awwww

I started drinking the strong stuff early in my drinking career..lol So it takes more than a couple to get me plastered. lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.