all discussions

show all 34 replies

crazy people

teddybearmafia

Jan 9, 2009, 2:56 PM
M : me
IC: insane customer
S:Store agent

M: Thank you for calling,my name is - ...
S: Hi- my name is- , I have a customer here who needs a credit for a handset upgrade credit. He went to radiosshack did a phone exchange and the charge is not valid. My agent ID is -blah blah blah-
M: Umm alright well thank you. I can assist the customer with this, put him on.
IC: So are you going to give me my credit
M: Let me access your acct sir and I can see what I can do. Who am I speaking with? May i have your phone number? Thank you and I just need you to authenticate your acct.
IC:*does so*
M:* a few minutes later* Alright so I do see this is not a valid charge and I'll be glad to adjust that for you. Just give me a few seconds.
IC: So I d...
(continues)
ccareatatt

Jan 9, 2009, 4:09 PM
He should have just called in. Thats his fault for travelling all over like a dumbass.
teddybearmafia

Jan 12, 2009, 10:48 PM
A brand new day, a brand new idiot.I cannot disclose much about the call but all I can say is that it went something like this

C: I hate -company-, canceling is the best thing i ever did.
M:-having placed the call without prior knowledge of this- I apologize mam, what made you leave us?
C: Ya'll are liars and cheats. I told them I wanted basic then next i get a $200 bill. Its ridiculous!Yall are shy-sty!
M: Okay mam well my apologizes but it looks like you were on the most basic plan we had
C: Yes and thats all i wanted. And I hated having people call me after nine when it was free. Other carriers are much cheaper! And you guys just suck
M: - ready to end call-Did you ever consider a plan change?
C: I JUST WANT BASIC!see thats why i...
(continues)
xIsamuTM

Jan 13, 2009, 9:26 AM
"well, if i'm on your basic plan why do _you people_ let me go over. You know what happens when you reach the limit on your credit card? It stops working. It's YOUR fault for letting people talk over so I don't see why _I have to pay for it." 🤣
teddybearmafia

Jan 13, 2009, 9:48 AM
🤣sadly though people are like that. Some eventhink that when they are over their minutes they automaticly stop or something. 🙄
Menno

Jan 13, 2009, 10:00 AM
The funny thing is you could most likely add a feature, charge an extra 10 dollars a month, and that would lock the phone when it went over and people would pay for it.
xIsamuTM

Jan 13, 2009, 10:04 AM
don't give "them" any ideas.
reason.voice

Jan 13, 2009, 10:10 AM
Parents would put that on their children's lines so fast, it would make their little heads spin...
Menno

Jan 13, 2009, 10:14 AM
A function like that already works for kids phones . At least on Verizon's plans. it is 5 a month I believe. "Usage controls."
Decept.ICON

Jan 13, 2009, 10:22 AM
Smart limits..4.99. You can also restrict text messages and incoming call times...
Arwinjadaninja

Jan 13, 2009, 10:32 AM
Family Allowances. $2.00 a month.
reason.voice

Jan 13, 2009, 10:34 AM
xIsamuTM said:
don't give "them" any ideas.

Sounds like it's already happened, then.
Menno

Jan 13, 2009, 10:58 AM
From the way it is set up, I'm pretty sure it needs to be a chaperone device, so I dont think it can be activated if there is only one line on the plan.
Arwinjadaninja

Jan 13, 2009, 11:05 AM
Right. you have to have a "parent line"
reason.voice

Jan 13, 2009, 11:21 AM
🤭
sprintguy19

Jan 15, 2009, 5:27 PM
flex pay on t-mobile shuts it off after you've hit your limit. can still use "free" time, though (nights, weekends, etc.) I use that as a big selling point (not as much spiff, but makes the sale.)
MizzSprint

Jan 13, 2009, 4:00 PM
Gosh forbid you shut their phone off when they've reached their limit they'll go on and on about how it's their business line. Their only telephone this and that. My answer to that is: your business must not being doing very well because you have the cheapest plan and any business mind would know to have a plan B.
xIsamuTM

Jan 13, 2009, 4:02 PM
y'know i've used that line to get people to retail a second phone as a backup.
MizzSprint

Jan 15, 2009, 2:32 PM
I know my company did a research and my manager told me the figures. Give or take it's probably a littl off. My point is not enough people are taking a stand against these rebates. I think it should be illegal to take peoples money and give it back under conditional reasoning. You were super quick to take my money and it takes 14 weeks to get my money back ridiculous!
BigShowJB

Jan 13, 2009, 12:30 PM
that's the salesperson's fault for not selling the plan right and not setting the customers expectations properly.
Menno

Jan 13, 2009, 12:32 PM
Or the employee explained everything perfectly and the customer just didn't get it. You can explain everything perfectly and have customers still ignore what you say.
teddybearmafia

Jan 13, 2009, 1:27 PM
By the way the customer was explaining it to me, she knew what her plan was. 900 minutes and nights at 9.The only fault of the rep was that they possibly did not educate her on star options. 🙂
PhonemanJ

Jan 13, 2009, 1:47 PM
My favorite customer is the one who comes in b!tch!ng about their bill. You go over it and find that the customer had 500 overage minutes giving them an extra $200 in overage charges. You tell them what the problem is and that if they continue to use their phone at the same rate, they would need to change their rate plan up $20 and that would give them enough minutes to cover their overages. Their comment is usuall then: "But that would make my bill too high!" I want to reach across the counter and slap them. They can spend $20 extra per month or $200 per month in overages and the upgrade in plan would make their bill too high?
BigShowJB

Jan 13, 2009, 5:29 PM
i have yet to encounter that customer
southdude1

Jan 13, 2009, 10:26 PM
No matter where in the world you are...ppl are stupid. They don't think for themselve nor do they bother to read the screen before they go pushing buttons ,then get frustrated & start swearing the shop down. We've had some real stunners in this place
BigShowJB

Jan 13, 2009, 1:48 PM
so the rep didn't make sure she understood that if she went over her minutes, she gets charged for it, it doesn't just end service like a prepaid.
teddybearmafia

Jan 13, 2009, 1:54 PM
Meant to type 200 minutes 🤭 . But thats besides the point. She had already gotton at lteast two execessive bills. the average person would possibly call in and see why they went over or how to resolve it so it doesnt happen in the future. Cheapest route would have been a new plan for only 10 dollars more, which included m2m and nights at 7. She never asked and i was calling to offer it.
xIsamuTM

Jan 13, 2009, 2:48 PM
yeah, it's always the consumer's fault when things happen to them. blame the customer for everything.

"It's your fault, you signed the contract."
"It's your fault, you signed up for the wrong plan."
"It's your fault for wearing a skirt."
"It's your fault for getting on the cattle truck."
teddybearmafia

Jan 13, 2009, 3:13 PM
Im not saying its always the consumers fault but in cases like hers it is. Are you saying its the reps fault for putting her on the plan she asked for? And to the best of my knowledge nobody threatened this lady into signing a contract or made her stay on her phone fo so long. But hey, maybe your right, it IS our fault. Its a mass overage conspiracy. 👀 Heck, we just put those random calls onto her bill, all to people we knoe she knows to make it appear to valid. Mhmmhm, we got her good 😈
sprintguy19

Jan 15, 2009, 5:40 PM
getting on the cattle truck? is that a reference I should get?
llama

Jan 15, 2009, 5:41 PM
Jewish...
teddybearmafia

Jan 13, 2009, 1:38 PM
Another 200 minute customer, going over his minutes. I offer to cover his almost 50 dollars in overage for 10 dollars, he declines. He must be one of those rich people crazy cancellation lady was talking about.
BigShowJB

Jan 13, 2009, 1:52 PM
but then they'd be paying more for their plan and our customers just don't want to do that.
we should just credit them back the charges
teddybearmafia

Jan 13, 2009, 1:55 PM
That seems logical to me 🤣 . Everyone knows we are out to get our customers for every cent they own 😁
purplelotus

Jan 15, 2009, 8:25 PM
When I was working in cusstomer service people who were smart and actually called FROM HOME to take care of their BILLING issues (NOT RETAIL ISSUES) would say things like:

"So, can I charge you what I make hourly for all the hours I've put in on this issue on the phone with you guys?"

" 🙄 Well sir/ma'am, if you let just ONE supervisor take care of the issue rather than calling in (x) days a week to talk to the entire escalations team, we wouldn't have this issue, would we?"

Granted I could only say that because I was a supervisor and generally got my followups done on time -- meanwhile my customer is calling in again and again and again... I'd pull up the account daily and do what I had to do and just shake my he...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.