all discussions

show all 10 replies

DID I STUTTER?

purplelotus

Jan 7, 2009, 3:42 PM
Disgruntled Dumb Customer = DDC
ME = Moi!

DDC: *Walks into store oozing short man syndrome*
ME: Hello sir, how can I help you today?
DDC: You work here?
ME: Most certainly.
DDC: I was told by customer service to come in here to get the length of rings changed before it goes to voicemail.
ME: I'm sorry, but customer service is wrong, that service can only be changed by tech support representatives.
DDC: Can't it be done from the phone?
ME: *Repeats again, nicely* I'm sorry, tech support is the only part of customer service that can change that feature.
DDC: *STORMS OUT OF STORE DISGRUNTLED AND PROBABLY STILL WANTING TO ASK ME THE SAME QUESTION ABOUT 6 TIMES! RAWR.*

Not only that, the guy looked at me like I was a fre...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Jan 7, 2009, 5:53 PM
I get that a lot. I call in to Tech support and have them change it while the customer is in my store. Takes like 3 minutes.....
trancejumper

Jan 7, 2009, 5:59 PM
Do you carry the Sprint phone of your screen name?
purplelotus

Jan 8, 2009, 5:33 PM
I carry the black one. The purple ones were backordered when I got mine. 🙄
crazyeaglefan236

Jan 7, 2009, 7:12 PM
Or better yet. How about this? I would be glad to help you sir. Let us call into tech support and get that done. Wow. Amazing how two wrongs don't make a right.
jeffatt

Jan 8, 2009, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't call it a "wrong" to direct him to tech support.

That kind of stuff is on a fine line for salespeople. You definitely don't want to do it if you're busy and will cost you a sale. On the other hand, if it's a sale you made, you're partially responsible for it. On top of that, it's also possible to convert something like that into a sale.

There's too many factors involved to simply say if the rep should/shouldn't call in for a customer. Just gotta play it by ear.

Either way, I wouldn't call it right or wrong. Just something at the rep's discretion.
purplelotus

Jan 8, 2009, 5:36 PM
The guy that replied was absoultely right. We were crammed with people and I was the only one in the store. If he was the only one who walked in, I would have had no problem calling tech support and I usually do.
bigmike99s

Jan 7, 2009, 9:55 PM
i luv it when a customer comes to pay there bill and i ask debit or credit and they say cash and i let them know we only do debit or credit, then they proceed to ask if we take cash, check, money order, had a guy ask if we took food stamps also. NO ARE ANY OF THOSE DEBIT OR CREDIT
Nadesico81

Jan 8, 2009, 3:14 AM
bigmike99s said:
i luv it when a customer comes to pay there bill and i ask debit or credit and they say cash and i let them know we only do debit or credit, then they proceed to ask if we take cash, check, money order, had a guy ask if we took food stamps also. NO ARE ANY OF THOSE DEBIT OR CREDIT

You must work in a Sprint or T-Mo store.
purplelotus

Jan 8, 2009, 5:37 PM
That's funny cuz we're exactly the opposite. We only take cash and there's a $3 fee to make payment since we're a "preferred retailer." LOL. It's kind of retarded... and people still ask if they can give me checks or have me do the debit card when I've told them already that I'd charge them anyway when they could do it for free over the phone.

If they're that dumb, I generally just dial the payment number from their phone and walk them thru the payment so they can do it again on their own.
jeffatt

Jan 8, 2009, 12:53 PM
It cracks me up when a customer asks the same thing 3 or 4 times...or even more. I feel stupid giving the same answer that many times, but what the hell else am I supposed to say??

It's like they feel that if they keep asking, that they'll eventually get a different answer.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.