Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

A customer that I don't want. (ranty rant)

JaydenW

Jan 6, 2009, 4:51 PM
Before Christmas, I had a customer who came in and wanted a Blackberry Pearl. Fair enough.
However, he did not have the money to buy the phone with the data plan at the time.
He decided that he would buy a penny phone, and exchange it for the pearl within his 30 day guarantee period.

Fine.

That gets taken care of, and he asks me to transfer his phone book and make sure to transfer his pictures and ringtones because they are all VERY important to him and he is too busy to take care of it himself.
This is still fine, we do this for all of our customers. For some reason, the cellbrite didn't function properly and it wouldn't allow me to transfer his contacts. So, I go in to do it manually and he has... guess how many?

THREE.

thre...
(continues)
Burger Time

Jan 6, 2009, 4:58 PM
That guy should be thrown into the ocean...so nasty!
xIsamuTM

Jan 6, 2009, 5:02 PM
my phone wasn't that nasty was it?
iPhone3guser

Jan 6, 2009, 7:45 PM
I hate people
reason.voice

Jan 6, 2009, 5:05 PM
Don't pollute the oceans like that.
Burger Time

Jan 7, 2009, 11:24 AM
reason.voice said:
Don't pollute the oceans like that.

🤣

Ok. Then can we just tar and feather the guy and move on with life?
IrishCarBomb

Jan 6, 2009, 5:18 PM
Sounds like his profile settings were not set right, or it is a corrupted file, either way I don't think it was the phone and a new one isn't going to make a difference.

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with this guy. I love the people that get BBs and have like 3 contacts and no real need other than pron. I have a guy like that, he wanted to do a deact because he couldn't get streaming pron on his BB... Thankfully it was outside the grace period.
JaydenW

Jan 6, 2009, 5:21 PM
Yeah. I had thought for sure that it was probably just a setting... but our store and the corporate store all went through the settings and called tech support and they talked us through other things... to no avail.

I was pretty confused about it. The songs would play at a normal volume inside the ringtone and music folders. Then, no matter how high you set the ringers, even in the advanced options, they would still get quiet.

I'm just happy to have him out of my store.
IrishCarBomb

Jan 6, 2009, 6:01 PM
I bet you are, my BB pron fan is a really creepy guy not unlike yours. I am just happy that he decided I wasn't helpful enough and goes to a different location now.

And that is weird... I guess hopefully the phone fixes it, but I am still putting money on it being a corrupted file. I have some MP3's that play just fine until they are used as a ring tone, then they are quiet.
usccsucks

Jan 6, 2009, 6:56 PM
i love how customer service will try to tell us what we have to do. it is my joy to tell the jackasses they must go to a retail store if they want something for free. let someone else deal with that 😁
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 6, 2009, 8:07 PM
Jayden I'm soooo sorry. I feel your pain.

Why is it so hard for customers to understand when we aren't able to do something? They act like, we're personally slighting them just to piss them off. Get over yourselves, customers, and wait frigging overnight for your stupid nasty ringtones.
ElTriste

Jan 6, 2009, 9:25 PM
When thier mid 30's, portly, and appearantly unable to attain vag. without first paying for it...I'd actually EXPECT it to be on thier phone...I mean...what other kind of pleasure can they get outta life? lol. 🤣 But that sucks. Honestly, Maybe the reason he's such an a$$ is because his life sucks so bad. I'm not taking his side, he's a D-bag and should be treated as such, but maybe this is a way to make you feel better about it. I always do that when a customer is an a$$hole. It's never the attractive, sucessful, NORMAL ones...IT's always the ghetto, poor, angry, unhappy, and ugly ones that do it...and when it's all 5...that SUCKS!!! 👀
JaydenW

Jan 7, 2009, 9:58 AM
See, that could be true...

but his wife was with him.

😢
BLEDSOE

Jan 7, 2009, 10:04 AM
I hate it when their wife or husband just stands there looking slightly embarrassed...And then they sometimes even apologize...Are you kidding me?? You let them act that way....All you have to do is say something to them about the way they act and it could be taken care of, but NO...instead you are silently cheering them on because people normally give in to their demands to get them out of the store...GRRR!
rhi_nan

Jan 7, 2009, 11:26 AM
screw customer service. they need to do some effin research on who can do what in the stores.

oh, and p.s. I don't transfer ringtones unless i really really like the customer. eff that!!
ccareatatt

Jan 7, 2009, 11:44 AM
**cRIES** My ringtones dont play loud and i have to wait a day to get a replacement **CRIES** people are aholes and deserve to die. LOL
NaturalNstincT

Jan 7, 2009, 6:54 PM
Imagine what these people are doing with their phones...and we have to handle them without gloves 😳 😲 👀

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.