Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

new years eve

srose.mhc.vzw2

Dec 31, 2008, 4:15 PM
anyone else's store just as slow as ours?

it'd be nice if corporate let us close the store around 2.... it's been dead all day long and i'm about ready to fall asleep on my desk!
Jrockemsockem

Dec 31, 2008, 4:17 PM
yea we been kinda slow, trying to get my manager to call to see if we can close an hour early.
srose.mhc.vzw2

Dec 31, 2008, 4:18 PM
i just texted my regional telling him how slow we are, but he's not letting us close early, so i'm stuck here for another hour and 15 minutes... that seems like its a life time
killafabe

Dec 31, 2008, 4:20 PM
only 2 hrs and 20 mins for me and im off for the next 3 days 😳
srose.mhc.vzw2

Dec 31, 2008, 4:21 PM
i only have tomorrow off ...and work 12-7 on friday
sadyztyk

Dec 31, 2008, 4:22 PM
i get tommorro off then i work fri to wed long hours but good money
killafabe

Dec 31, 2008, 4:27 PM
yeah thats good for yall, i workin a callcenter so i wont be missing out on the money
sadyztyk

Dec 31, 2008, 4:18 PM
well i kow ive been in aux 4 all day long for like 5 hours now and only got 1 call that lasted 2 hours but i got issue resolve!!!
kapwww

Dec 31, 2008, 5:06 PM
I've just been getting yelled at because VZW is offering $50 off secondary lines with some special flier thing they sent out and I can't match some of those prices without losing my job. When I explain that I am an indirect retailer, they get ticked at me even though all of my signs clearly state my company name.

No real business though. And I expect it to be worse tomorrow because everything in our plaza is closed including the food places.
srose.mhc.vzw2

Dec 31, 2008, 5:23 PM
Yeah, we are an indirect premium retailer, and whatever is advertised for corp stores or online deals, we don't necessarily match ALL of the time...

but all i just tell them is.. going to a corp store would mean them driving an hour or more, and if they buy online there's nothing we can do to help them fix the phone, so essentially they'd have to go to a corp store anyway. ...which would cost them more in gas money and in shipping costs, than if they were to just buy the phones in our store today from us. so even though the cost of the phone might be $10 more than advertised, they'd be saving all that gas if they were to drive and they'd be saving the shipping cost as well if they were to buy online.

works like a charm 😁
kapwww

Dec 31, 2008, 5:51 PM
I've been playing the indirect game for 4 years now so I know the ins and outs. I can't play the "hour away" card because it only takes about 15 min. to drive to the nearest kiosk. They don't have service but they do have free parking at the mall. In our location, we can mainly use the "driving time" and "parking cost" points to make people realize that its worth paying us the $10 for a phone book transfer instead of going downtown.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.