Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

"charge my phone while i shop"

sweetcherrygurl

Dec 27, 2008, 5:39 PM
WHY do people do this?

we usually do it as a courtesy but i really get tired of people who take advantage.

our wall is FULL of chargers of all shapes and sizes, and you're too cheap to buy a twenty dollar charger? if you're at the point where your phone is dead you seriously need to get your own charger.

we had one chick who left hers on the charger for three hours, would come in to reply to texts and calls, then leave to do more shopping.

another chick came in, plugged in her phone, then stayed there for 45 minutes making call after call after call. she was talking loudly, distracting my customers, and making it difficult for me to talk to my customers.

sorry, just needed to vent....
Skiffy

Dec 27, 2008, 8:29 PM
I always tell them I can't be liable for their equipment. Works pretty well.
TMoGuy

Dec 29, 2008, 12:30 PM
I always tell them I can't be liable for their equipment. Works pretty well.

Just tell them that they cannot leave their phones with you to charge because you cannot be responsible for the phone. Insurance reasons. They are usually cool with that. It is super annoying though. I cannot stand it!
srose.mhc.vzw2

Dec 30, 2008, 7:42 PM
this is also why you DON'T let customers...wait, they didn't buy anything, so scratch the customers part... let me start over.

that is why you DON'T LET RETARDS USE YOUR COMPANY'S EQUIPTMENT if they aren't buying anything from you!!!!

....if someone came into my store and asked to use one our chargers, i'd tell them, "yeah if you buy one and plug it into your own car" ... there is a big difference between being nice and being stepped all over. and i'm not the kind of person to let people walk all over me. we are sales people, not a carpet.

....so i think the one to blame for your frustration and confusion in this instance is yourself... sad but true.
kapwww

Dec 27, 2008, 8:38 PM
Just tell 'em you can charge it for $20 and they can keep the charger...no refunds.
dummy61104

Dec 28, 2008, 11:47 AM
i had a guy that said it was on his contract that he can get his phone charged anytime he wants for free and he can just walk into the store and get a charger for free.

i was the one who sold him the prepaid phone (no contract)that he has and i got his paperwork for it and it said nothing about chargeing or free chargers.

he said he was never gonna come back because i called his bluff. he said i should of listen to him instead of trying to prove him wrong and that was bad cust service.
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 28, 2008, 1:25 PM
😁 Breeding con-artists by the the boat load. Many of whom think this is just the 'American' way!
BigShowJB

Dec 28, 2008, 5:31 PM
MR.Reme_RHYME said:
😁 Breeding con-artists by the the boat load. Many of whom think this is just the 'Obam-erican' way!

fixed
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 28, 2008, 5:32 PM
Not really.. It's been going on since before president elect Obama was even a govenor. Actually...*ponders* "Americans" have been con-artists since the birth of this country...
BigShowJB

Dec 28, 2008, 10:59 PM
my point is that it is only going to get worse, and we will find ourselves in a welfare state as bad or worse than it was in the late 70's. my great optimism about the next president is that just as there was after Carter, there will be another great president to bring about another great prosperity for my chidren to survive in.
taoareyou

Dec 29, 2008, 8:32 AM
MR.Reme_RHYME said:
It's been going on since before president elect Obama was even a govenor.

Sen.Obama was never a Governor.
Decept.ICON

Dec 29, 2008, 12:55 PM
my bad I had a hangover yesterday...
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 28, 2008, 1:19 PM
😳 SCG Where in the heck do you live???? I want to make sure I never visit. It seems like you have all type of crazies on a daily basis. I mean ranging from perverted old men to crap like this. Eh I've got 5 lbs. of C4 let's blow wp your entire shopping center! 😉
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 29, 2008, 2:20 PM
MR.Reme_RHYME said:
😳 SCG Where in the heck do you live???? I want to make sure I never visit. It seems like you have all type of crazies on a daily basis. I mean ranging from perverted old men to crap like this. Eh I've got 5 lbs. of C4 let's blow wp your entire shopping center! 😉

i live in the foothills of Northern Cali, about an hour outside of Sacramento.

seems like all the customers i get are cheap/old/hicks/creeps or con artists. i do have some good customers though hopefully i will get the chance to post about some NICE customers.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 28, 2008, 1:40 PM
Damn! I wouldn't do that if I were you, it is a liability issue if a phone comes up missing or mis-charges.

I do, on very rare occasions, put a phone on a charger for a customer, like if they are a regular and a good one I will while they shop. Anyone else, I usually tell them if they buy a car charger I will toss it on my wall charger while they shop, and make them sign a slip saying I am not liable for the phone.
Jrockemsockem

Dec 29, 2008, 12:41 PM
When they come in wanting a "quick charge" or "fast charge". Some reason they think i have this super charger in the back that can charge the phone to full capacity in less than 1sec. 😡
liquidfire

Dec 29, 2008, 1:47 PM
you could......just get a jump box for the car. attach smaller wires to the alligator clips and then just touch those wires to the + and - terminals on the battery. im sure it will have a full charge after that, if it is still intact that is 😈
Jrockemsockem

Dec 29, 2008, 2:57 PM
actually thats exactly what i do. 😛
xIsamuTM

Dec 29, 2008, 2:14 PM
at a mall I once did time in there was a 3.00/hour code in the computers to charge a battery. it "came" with a diagnostic (checking the kepad to make sure it worked/powered on and off to justify it. nice deturant, of if they realy wanted it, it was an idiot tax.
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 29, 2008, 2:22 PM
xIsamuTM said:
at a mall I once did time in there was a 3.00/hour code in the computers to charge a battery. it "came" with a diagnostic (checking the kepad to make sure it worked/powered on and off to justify it. nice deturant, of if they realy wanted it, it was an idiot tax.

OOOHHHHHH i should have my boss put that in.... 😁
Menno

Dec 29, 2008, 2:38 PM
The only time I charge a phone is if I am selling it to a customer and it is low battery in the box, or if the phone comes in dead and i need it to have power to look and see what is wrong, do an esn change, etc.
cookiesandcreme69

Dec 31, 2008, 10:17 AM
They would just be out of luck! I don't do that for anyone! I don't care who you are what you do or anything!
jeffatt

Dec 31, 2008, 1:38 PM
I'll do it if the chick is hot enough, lol

There's always the possibility of hot pics on it, too.

Seriously, if it's not a hot chick or one of my regulars, forget about it unless you want to pay me something for my time.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.