Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

your commission?

sweetcherrygurl

Dec 27, 2008, 4:58 PM
i'm bored out of my mind and irritated cuz my coworker is quoting incorrect prices for phones..... AGAIN.....

but i was curious - what is everyone's commission like, and do they work at a retailer or a corporate store?

i'm not a huge fan of mine - was wondering if anyone's was worse?

we have a minimum quota of either 20 new lines or 40 total lines

and a minimum of 65 accessories

and we have to hit minimum lines AND accessories to get commission.

i work at a VZW premium retailer....

anyone else?
IrishCarBomb

Dec 27, 2008, 5:14 PM
I am corp. For new PIA, $25; migrating a PIA to contract is $20, and renewels are $20.

For contract, what ever the bill is a month pre-tax is what I get, so say it is $49.95 a month, I get $50.

For accessories, I have to meet my goal to get commission on that.

And I get 5% of the premium talk time cards I sell.
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 27, 2008, 5:35 PM
*gasps*

holy crap i'm going to corporate!

our commission amount is based on the price plan - for a primary line new/upgrade we get anywhere from $3 to $12 i think and secondary lines from $3 to $8.

and our data - we get $8 for vcast or nav, $1 for ringback tones, etc.

it just occurred to me that my commission scale.... kinda sucks........

maybe too much knowledge IS a bad thing.... 👀
uscellagent22

Dec 27, 2008, 5:43 PM
I work for USCC agent.

we have to hit 20 acts and 20 renew. and that depends on the price plan. to get anything on our access. we have to sell at least $500. No matter what we get our verticals. and we get a flat rate on prepaid of $7

umm i so wanna go work for verizon!
IrishCarBomb

Dec 27, 2008, 5:47 PM
Well I don't work for any of the big 3, just an statewide affiliate of T-Mo.

Corporate does pay better than indirect, no matter who or where you work. Although you can get away with a lot more working indirect.

My company has the best commission structure out of any company in my area, including Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint.
dualitycomplex

Dec 30, 2008, 8:36 PM
premium retailer VZW,

I get paided out based on gross profit of plan and data add ones subtracted from the cost of phone, plus the gross profit of any accessories sold,

example with bogus easy round numbers

plan + unlim in 500 out txt = 300 pay out
cost of phone is 100

customer pays 50 for the phone

gross profit is 250

sold a case car charger and bluetooth total accessory charge is 150

total accessory cost is 60

gross profit is 110

add that to the gross for phone/plan and total gross earned from that sale is 360

add the gross profit of all sales togher for that month and put it on a sliding scale of 5%-25% of total gross and there is my commission pay out for the month on a good month in a slow store i...
(continues)
Menno

Dec 27, 2008, 6:04 PM
We have store based commission. No "quotas" per say. we have goals that if we don't meet them the company looks at how to increase sales, and we have certain percentages for things like data and acc that we are supposed to meet. Only one of them gives an additional payout if we meet it however.

To get commission we have to hit a certain amount in store commission. For example a new act gives x, acc give y (a percentage of the companies profit on that item) data plans give another amount. That is all added up. If the total amount is equal to or greater than our guaranteed pay, we get commission. If it is under that amount we get the guaranteed pay. The number is rather high, and based on number of employees and commission %, but I ...
(continues)
T-Monster

Dec 27, 2008, 6:18 PM
Wow...after reading all of these posts, i'm realizing that my company is awsome. I work on pure commission; no hourly. We have to sell a 65 phone minimum per month to hit full commission. Lets describe an average sale. Lets say I sell one of our regular free phones on a $39.99 iundividual prime line. Off of that sale alone, including spiff, i would make $77.00. If I sell a car charger at $20, I make $8. I love my company 😈
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 27, 2008, 6:23 PM
I work @ an "indi" My pay structure is similar. To T-Monster's..The main difference being that i make 12$ an hour plus commission. Also I get paid a percentage of total gross profit of an entire month. It's broken in to tiers. The more 'gp' the higher the percentage. So figure this month I'm probably going to end up @ or around 15,000 gross profit.. I get 18.75% of that plus the hourly..You do the math. It's pennies compared to what I was used to before the car industry tanked, but it pays the bills..
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 27, 2008, 8:45 PM
MR.Reme_RHYME said:
I work @ an "indi" My pay structure is similar. To T-Monster's..The main difference being that i make 12$ an hour plus commission. Also I get paid a percentage of total gross profit of an entire month. It's broken in to tiers. The more 'gp' the higher the percentage. So figure this month I'm probably going to end up @ or around 15,000 gross profit.. I get 18.75% of that plus the hourly..You do the math. It's pennies compared to what I was used to before the car industry tanked, but it pays the bills..

đŸ˜ŗ
where do you work? i want to work there!!!!!!!
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 28, 2008, 12:14 PM
Atlanta,Ga. At&t 👀
Turbo187

Dec 27, 2008, 9:46 PM
I work for a premium verizon retailer. Our commission is based from tiers, the monthly goals change month to month, but our basic tiers don't a minimum of 10 a pay period, or 20 a month. I get paid Hourly + acc spiff + data spiffs or commissions + acc spiff + data spiffs, whichever is higher. not a bad plan, works out ok, but sometimes our goals are unreasonable.
dummy61104

Dec 28, 2008, 11:19 AM
i get ah hourly rate and i get a $ amount per phone that is a 2 year agreement. then i get half of the first month of the features. if i don't hit quota i still get paid. i get a % of accessories too. i don't make as much as some but i do pretty good. and i have guaranteed income. and its fun to work here unlike a corp store.
liquidfire

Dec 28, 2008, 11:47 AM
at my vzw indirect i got scrwed on commission.
my quota was 50 points a month, but i got paid something if i at least hit 30 points.

we got 1 point for a new line. half point for upgrades and half point for a new add-a-line.

at 30 points we got $5 per point. 40 points got $15 per and 50 points got $20 per. Then as long as we hit 30 points we got 10% of acc. 15% for 40 points and 17.5% for 50+.

only prob with this scale is that i sold 40+ phones every month but still didnt even hit my 30 point goal because we did a lot of upgrades.

now at my sprint indirect, i get $10 per phone. doesnt matter if its new or an up. no goals, no quotas. hourly pay and $10 per phone.
j-villa

Dec 28, 2008, 5:44 PM
and my hourly rate is higher than yours 😲

and i'm at the slower store lol 😈
liquidfire

Dec 30, 2008, 9:24 PM
shut up. i still have more phones out 😛
Att_Sales_rep

Dec 28, 2008, 4:01 PM
upgrades are paided in tiers, 1,2, or 3 for price plan amount, we get 10% of the gp on every sale so roughly 2 dollars per charger and act's are 10% of the total gp aswell. we get paid first month on every vert so 30 dollar family text pockets me 30 dollars even
Ellie004

Dec 28, 2008, 4:22 PM
we have 4 different plans..depending on which one the customer gets is how we get paid.

$25 plan-7.50
$30 plan-10.50
$35 plan-13.50
$40 plan-16.50

Accessories we get $3-8 depending on the price of the accessory.
kiki_kaluah

Dec 28, 2008, 4:29 PM
a pocket employee....

blink twice if yes!! 👀
Ellie004

Dec 28, 2008, 4:30 PM
😉 😉

Thats the closest I can get to a blink...lol
Sonniku

Dec 30, 2008, 7:45 PM
Oh boy...just thinking about my commission structure upsets me, but here goes.

Base commission for an average employee varies based on position (RC, LRC, AM or SM)(for a point of reference, i'm an RC and my base is $1,100) 🙂 . However, our commission is structured into percentages for various things we sell: phones (upgr. & new acts. are lumped together), data (txt msg, web access, etc), and accessories.

Our phone sales make up about 20% of our base commission, with extra money added if we exceed the quota set for a given month. Conversely, money is deducted from the base if quota not reached. ☚ī¸

Data makes up another 30% of the base. Fortunately, there's no commission penalty here. However, it used to be very easy to make...
(continues)
purplelotus

Dec 30, 2008, 9:36 PM
I work at a preferred retailer and our commission works based on whether we hit our quotas... so it changes from month to month.

The scale is:
0-$4,999 you get 5% of your sales
$5,000-$9,999 you get 10% of your sales
$10,000+ you get 15% of your sales

If we don't hit our quota 3 months in a row, we get fired.

I was about to hit quota for this month today when my customer came back and my coworker stole a $500 sale right out from under my nose...

ARGH. I'M PISSED AGAIN. đŸ‘ŋ

But you know what they say: What goes around comes around... Muahaha.
jeffatt

Dec 31, 2008, 2:06 PM
Our store is commission only.

New activations - $15-80 depending on the line
Upgrades - $10-50 depending on the line
Features - up to 130% of the feature dollars (have to average $25/phone, otherwise it's scaled down depending on activation...I usually get between $20-25 and get 115%)
Acc - scaled depending on what you sale, but point is we don't make much on ACC so I don't push them too much if it will help me get better positioning on feature sales or something

We get paid a sales draw on a weekly basis and that draw is backed out at commission time. Usually draws will equal about $300/wk after tax and commission check is usually $800-1500 after tax.
jeffatt

Dec 31, 2008, 2:10 PM
I should also mention that I work for an indirect for AT&T.

We also sell used phones as well. We give customers the option to trade in their old phones for discounts on their new ones then we turn around and sell the used ones. We make 50% of used phone sales...which can be pretty good.

I.E. I had someone stupid enough to trade in a Motorola V3xx, the next week I had a customer who had a V3xx and broke it, no insurance, bought the used one for $149.99. I made $75 on a used phone...nice. Most of them we sell anywhere from $39-69 though unless we get something like that or a BB, BJ, etc.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.