Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

something I'M not getting....

sweetcherrygurl

Dec 20, 2008, 7:57 PM
we have this 60+ year old lady with neon orange lipstick that bought a Samsung Knack from us 12 days ago. when she came in, she asked for THE most basic phone available, doesn't want a camera, doesn't want bluetooth, doesn't want anything complicated or expensive, etc, etc, etc.

she comes in today to exchange the phone, and brings in a (3 month expired) flyer from corporate and says, "show me these phones, i want one of these."

🤣

the flyer had the Dare, the Voyager, the Blackberry Curve, and the EnV2 on it. 🤣

i know that the whole point of cellular company marketing is to put the popular phones on the ads to draw the people who want the most high tech stuff......

but why on earth do people who don't even know how t...
(continues)
Nehemiah7

Dec 20, 2008, 8:20 PM
I hate how they say I want a basic phone then proceed to ask how much is the blackberry curve, behold, g1. 😲

And you need something better than ibuprofen 😉
j-villa

Dec 20, 2008, 8:27 PM
wow....verizon still sells that phone? 🤣 🤣
kapwww

Dec 20, 2008, 8:41 PM
Camera phone with no rebate. You can give 'em away and still clear profit even on a secondary line. It also helps for parents who want to give a younger kid a camera phone with no option to download apps right from the phone. Saves some trouble.
j-villa

Dec 20, 2008, 8:44 PM
I meant i can't believe they still have it in their line up. I was selling those a year ago at a different agent.
liquidfire

Dec 20, 2008, 9:05 PM
we didnt sell those....we gave em away lol
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 20, 2008, 9:09 PM
yeah they are absolutely horrid phones because for one thing, we can't put any data on there except texting.

which..... people who buy the u340 don't usually want texting cuz they want to keep their kids from doing it or cuz they're 80 years old and don't know how to text.

kill the u340..... 👀
dalily21

Dec 20, 2008, 9:35 PM
And then they will complain in a few months that they want a new phone with all these different features and complain well I got this phone free and I deserve a better phone for free since this phone is so crappy 👿
Thelastholdout

Dec 25, 2008, 2:54 AM
Yep. And we're still selling it, and still selling it, and still selling it... I don't think we're going to run out of stock anytime soon.

I hate Samsung because they include a camera on a basic phone but won't put Get it Now capability on, so backup assistant is always out of the question when the damn things start breaking.

Same will be true for the Knack when that one starts breaking. Or, maybe it won't go the way of the Alias and U340 and NOT break a lot. That'd be nice.
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 26, 2008, 6:18 PM
Thelastholdout said:
Yep. And we're still selling it, and still selling it, and still selling it... I don't think we're going to run out of stock anytime soon.

I hate Samsung because they include a camera on a basic phone but won't put Get it Now capability on, so backup assistant is always out of the question when the damn things start breaking.

Same will be true for the Knack when that one starts breaking. Or, maybe it won't go the way of the Alias and U340 and NOT break a lot. That'd be nice.

too late.

i have already determined that the Knack is a piece of crap.

I had two returns on Knacks today - unfortunately both under MY name - so my lines for today are showing as two less as what i a...
(continues)
Thelastholdout

Dec 26, 2008, 7:18 PM
Yeesh. Why is it that no one can make a decent basic phone anymore? The only exception I've found so far is that LG's basic phones have proven to be better so far than their advanced phones. Heck, I have a V195 by Motorola that's lasted for almost two years without a problem. *sigh* I hate planned obsolescence.

I just can't wait until more Knacks are sold and go past their first thirty days and end up as my department's problem.

If you don't mind me asking, what were they returned for? I'd appreciate a heads up on what to look out for.
wizardofCroz

Dec 21, 2008, 12:14 PM
"yeah i just want something without all the bells and whistles"

"Ok, understandable"

"whats THAT phone?"

"Thats the BOLD, steer clear of that one" 👀
custservguru

Dec 20, 2008, 9:18 PM
i had that happen..sweet older lady called in just out of her 30 days with a samsung instinct and said that this phone was just too much for her and she couldnt figure it out. i got it approved to send her a different phone and what does she want? a htc touch diamond.. 😳 umm.. really?
j-villa

Dec 20, 2008, 9:29 PM
wow....i'd be like ma'am. If you can't operate the instinct, you will never learn the diamond. 🤣

I want the diamond....You should send me one for free... 🤣 🤣
dalily21

Dec 20, 2008, 9:36 PM
priceless
custservguru

Dec 20, 2008, 11:11 PM
heres the funny thing. i couldnt convince her that this phone was much more advanced than the instinct. lady tells me that some of the girls in her office have it and she likes it and it seems easier to her. so i give in. supervisor approves it (this was for the short time where we were told to just give em a phone if thats what makes em happy-no charge.. funny how that didnt last long) so i end up hearing from here over several weeks, asking me how to do this and that on the phone. she seemed to like the phone so who knows.. i didnt hear from her after about 2 weeks of her constant emails.
Tmo Slave

Dec 21, 2008, 11:03 AM
Well I guess it really depends on what she is comfortable with. If a couple of her coworkers have the phone then she has help to figure things out. I always encourage older people to get a higher end phone if they really want it. I've had a few customers who would have never gotten a blackberry but are now pros with them and get emails from their family all the time.
purplelotus

Jan 4, 2009, 4:34 PM
The instinct is SOOO easy to get used to, so user friendly... My goodness... people are confusing.
WZ_agent

Dec 21, 2008, 12:45 PM
i had a 80 something grandma go from a u340(which we told her sucked) to a flipshot...really? you want a phone youll never use because your 12 year old grandson has it? ok lady...ok
gottalaugh

Jan 3, 2009, 7:48 PM
Well you guys did the right thing. Some employees would have had walk out with a Storm and 2 aircards.
Ghosthendrikson

Jan 4, 2009, 1:36 PM
I would have just made it one Aircard, but I would have that storm on a five line Premium unlimited Family Share.
kapwww

Jan 4, 2009, 3:22 PM
Except for the fact that the Storm is not a Premium-capable phone. Nice thought though...
purplelotus

Jan 4, 2009, 4:30 PM
WHAT?! The Storm isn't Premium Capable?! Wait till I tell my manager. He's going to flip. One more reason not to go with Verizon. 🤣
purplelotus

Jan 4, 2009, 4:25 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

I've been working for Sprint since the end of October and I still haven't had someone THAT confused walk into the store yet, but thank you for the laugh at your expense!

I used to work for Verizon customer care and it was just exactly the same. I didn't know you guys got the same exact people calling in all the time in your stores too! Bravo for your hard work, dedication, and PATIENCE! 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.