Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Delusion much?

taoareyou

Dec 20, 2008, 11:34 AM
A guy and his girlfriend come in this morning. He has a Samsung slider phone with a broken screen (LCD is cracked right down the middle). He says he JUST got this phone back in April and now it's broken.

I asked him if he had insurance. He said no.

He then looked at his girlfriend and said, "Remember when Cingular would give you free replacements?"

"Yeah," she replies.

"And their service just sucks now, too."

I smiled and looked at them. I don't claim to be an expert in social engineering or anything, but these guys almost made me laugh.

I imagined in my head the rest of the conversation:

ME: "Wow? Did Cingular give you free phones everytime you break yours without the need of insurance? I'll go ahead and do that to...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Dec 20, 2008, 11:37 AM
You don't remember those days? Free phones for everyone! No questions asked, get one a day if you need, heck get one an hour! Hey, better yet, just start chucking them against the wall over and over again until you have my last one, then chuck that one too, and demand a credit because I ran out of free phones!
gottalaugh

Jan 3, 2009, 8:33 PM
ah...the good old days
Jrockemsockem

Dec 20, 2008, 11:41 AM
You should have replaced their phone for free and thrown in a car charger, because they have been customers for 23 years.... 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.