Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

QUICK QUESTION

brooke815

Dec 18, 2008, 7:35 PM
🤭 i cant get youtube videos to play off of youtube.com but i can get them to play from myxer to download them... anyone know why? i have a blackberry curve...
llama

Dec 18, 2008, 7:45 PM
m.youtube.com
brooke815

Dec 18, 2008, 7:48 PM
www.m.youtube.com or just m.youtube.com?
brooke815

Dec 18, 2008, 7:51 PM
it is saying that the protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. please try a different url 🤭
IrishCarBomb

Dec 18, 2008, 7:52 PM
Who is your carrier? What is your OS?
brooke815

Dec 18, 2008, 7:53 PM
at&t and i dont know... its a blackberry curve.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 18, 2008, 7:54 PM
Well, then, there is your problem! You can't stream on an AT&T Curve with BB data.
brooke815

Dec 18, 2008, 7:55 PM
why? what do i have to have? it lets me look at other videos and play music and stuff from online why cant i get youtube?
IrishCarBomb

Dec 18, 2008, 7:59 PM
Really? Since even with OS 4.5, you aren't supposed to be able to stream video on BB data without having a 3G phone, ie the Bold or a CDMA carrier BB.

You can download all you want! I can stream on my GSM non-3G pearl by entering the APN for my carrier in the TCP settings, but I also work for my carrier and have unlimited everything through them, so I have non-BB data on my account that lets me do this.
ajlineman

Dec 18, 2008, 7:57 PM
You might get better response in the General or Tricked Out forums.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 18, 2008, 8:01 PM
The BB forum would be best suited, but doesn't get viewed.
ajlineman

Dec 18, 2008, 8:19 PM
Truth be told. I was trying to stick to the Main Forum Topics here for suggestions, not alot of people get back to the carrier and manufacterer's forums, thus the lack of activity on the BB forum that you were talking about. 😁
IrishCarBomb

Dec 18, 2008, 8:23 PM
Yeah, I know, I just felt like plugin the BB forum!
ajlineman

Dec 18, 2008, 8:26 PM
I'll be honest, as much time as I spend on the friggen site, never been to the BB forum.
llama

Dec 18, 2008, 8:30 PM
why do you insist on carrying on a conversation. Just report it to the mod and let them do their job.
ajlineman

Dec 18, 2008, 9:02 PM
Once again, not trying to play MOD, trying to help.
llama

Dec 18, 2008, 9:07 PM
and do exactly the same. That's called moderating, not helping.
CellularFanattic1

Dec 19, 2008, 9:55 AM
good question and one that many ask. yes you can do other types of videos and music streaming on the Curve and the Pearl from some places. Youtube will not allow because of the format that all the videos are in on the site its not a supported format of the pearl or curve. unfourtanatly there is nothing that can be done to play the movies from youtube and im sorry for that.

the reason for myxer is that myxer runs all of their video for universal use with whatever format phones take and are set to run with any of them.

if you would like to stream straight from youtube to your blackberry i would look into getting the bold it can do it all. just got mine sunday by the way and it is AWESOME!!!!

CHUCK!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.