Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

Samsung Rewards Fallout?

WZ_agent

Dec 18, 2008, 11:43 AM
So, I'm wondering: has the inability of Samsung to pay us our earn money affected the sales of Samsung products in our stores? I know it helped me push comparable phones so i could get some of that sweet, imaginary rewards money.
vzwagentetown

Dec 18, 2008, 12:26 PM
I hear ya on that one. I feel jipped out of my hard work selling samsungs products. Granted, I entered the rewards program late and only had 30,000 points..but still. ๐Ÿคจ I recieved an email stating that I need to verify my sales, which I did, and they said I would be getting $187 for my points. That was 3 weeks ago. That 1-800-349-7864 number is bogus. I have called every day at least 6 times a day and it goes to a voice that says to call back during business hours during 9-5. I called at 10, 12, 1, 2, 3 and 4.

Something is fishy. Does anyone have a different number to call?
hood4

Dec 18, 2008, 12:31 PM
This is the only other number I had for them but I think it is disconnected. ๐Ÿ˜ก 1-800-321-8361
T-Monster

Dec 18, 2008, 12:42 PM
I've gotten that message to. They owe a lot of people a lot of money. I have a feeling that if they don't pay up soon, it could result in a class action suit or something. By offering this program and by us accepting, that's essentially a contract that they are breaching right now.
vzwagentetown

Dec 18, 2008, 12:46 PM
I have spent hours googling at work for another number to get a hold of them......I understand why they closed the program for the fraud, but we shouldn't be punished ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
WZ_agent

Dec 18, 2008, 12:56 PM
yet another case of the few ruining it for the majority. i came into it late as well, but i was still looking forward to getting some christmas shopping done with my money. we were told that we would have it well before now. My question (along with the class action) is what happens for the tax season. some of us needed to fill out tax forms for this year. what happens if you sumbit the money for 2008 tax season, but dont receive the rewards?
ccareatatt

Dec 18, 2008, 9:44 PM
you shouldnt report income not received.
Fredd

Dec 22, 2008, 9:57 AM
Personal income tax operates on a cash basis, not an accrual basis. You should only report actual income received.
jeffatt

Dec 18, 2008, 1:52 PM
Here's a c & p of my post from a recent thread:

I've been on them about mine. Still in process. As slow as anything goes with them, we might see the cards by next June.

I had placed an order on August 14th (the day Paradise ended). The points got deducted from my SR account but I never received the order. Every reply from Samsung was "we're waiting on Amazon to see how to handle these orders" until they set up the new cust svc number. Now the reply is "you have to talk to Amazon, nobody here is affiliated with the Rewards program before such-and-such date. We are only here to verify sales & issue the debit cards." Amazon wants the Amazon.com Order ID (which I don't have and never received). I've even put them on the phone together on 3...
(continues)
jeffatt

Dec 18, 2008, 1:57 PM
I did some searching on Samsung's website and submitted an email. The response was from an actual person who said to send the question to this address:
sroperations@sta.samsung.com

I've gotten a response, but I'm not sure if it's the right person yet or what.
vzwagentetown

Dec 18, 2008, 2:11 PM
This is the reply I got from the email that was provided in the previous post.

"Samsung Rewards 2008 and the validation Operations have ended.
If you have forwarded documentation prior to the deadline, we are reviewing and will be making final payout decisions on or before December 19, 2008.
Thank you for your participation in our loyalty programs and look forward to bigger announcements next year
attgrl

Dec 18, 2008, 3:32 PM
I am glad you got a response. I emailed another address I had and received no response. Well the 19th is tomorrow. Does that mean they will be sending out the gift cards tomorrow or next week? I am going on vacation the day after Christmas and was really hoping to get it before then. Of course, it could just be another time frame, tomorrow they will say by the 1st, then by 2025...
jeffatt

Dec 19, 2008, 2:10 PM
Sent a follow-up email and got a response this morning from a lady named Barbara, she said they are making sure that the order is compensated for!

F-in SWEET!
yoboy8

Dec 18, 2008, 4:05 PM
are you guys saying anything done for samsung rewards money or gift cards will not be payed ?
vzwagentetown

Dec 18, 2008, 4:28 PM
I just got another response. Whoever it was that emailed me said that they would start "PROCESSING" the gift cards within the next two weeks. I would like to put a little bet on when the cards start being sent out. Im shooting for summer. ๐Ÿ˜
attgrl

Dec 18, 2008, 4:37 PM
That is crazy! My bet is on March!
hood4

Dec 18, 2008, 5:44 PM
I just emailed them too and got the same response. They will start processing the debit cards in about 2 weeks. โ˜น๏ธ
pigpen

Dec 21, 2008, 3:03 PM
I was told they would be sent out on or before 31st of December and that is also the message that is on the answering machine now
WZ_agent

Dec 21, 2008, 3:05 PM
i believe nothing they say at this point
attgrl

Dec 22, 2008, 8:48 AM
no kidding- they say something different every week...I won't actually count on anything until the giftcard is in my hand.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.