Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

priceless idiotic customer

sweetcherrygurl

Dec 16, 2008, 10:07 PM
i had a customer come in yesterday while we were having trouble with our computers. i'm a computer geek by nature, so naturally it was my job to fix them. my coworker was with a customer when a lady came in and walked straight up to me and goes, "i want a charger for this phone!" she shoves an at&t phone in my face. being as we are a verizon store, i wasn't sure if we had a charger that would work for it.

so i take the phone and spend ten minutes in the back looking for a match. i finally find one and bring it up, test it on her phone, and go over to ring it up.

unfortunately, the virus on our computers messed up our credit card processing program, so i couldnt run her credit card. i asked if she had cash or check, she said no. i offe...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Dec 17, 2008, 2:42 AM
People are idots. But as we all know us as Wireless Sales people love to steal Credit Cards right *rolls eyes* 👀

Any person that watches there bank account or credit file would know they are only liable for 50.00 if there the card is stolen.

Most banks even wave the fee. If you have Bank Of America they give you back the stolen money whilst they investigate the card.
sarami

Dec 17, 2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah we had a customer once that came in in a huff. He yelled that his phone is a piece of sh** and throws it at me to catch. He better have been glad that I could catch 🙂 In the end the phone was a piece because he dropped from a 15 ft ladder. Not my problem...
BLEDSOE

Dec 17, 2008, 11:00 AM
IT has always seemed to me that if a customer is careless enough with their "precious" phone to throw it at us....whatever malfunction is probably not our fault anyway. And after that point it would not be as long as it hit the ground....lol. 🙄
sarami

Dec 17, 2008, 11:03 AM
trust me I wanted that phone to hit the ground just so I could watch his face while it bounced! 😁
BLEDSOE

Dec 17, 2008, 11:07 AM
Yea...we had a customer who actually launched a phone at us when i was working at another location. I was like WTF....i mean if you came in here to say it wasn't working correctly you just defeated the purpose. If you threw it as us in a tantrum a 2yr old would be proud of what is keeping you from using it like a throwing star on somebody else. 😛
Tmo Slave

Dec 17, 2008, 11:13 AM
I had a customer throw a phone at me to catch one time because he was mad. I let the phone hit my desk and bounce on the floor. The customer got all pissed because I didn't catch it. I told him he should be glad it didn't break the glass on top of my desk because I would have made him pay for it. I don't put up with customers who act like children and I always call them out on it.
taoareyou

Dec 17, 2008, 4:33 PM
Exactly. We have no obligation to catch anything thrown at us. If he gets aggressive I just remind him to smile for the camera which just recorded him throwing a phone at me. 🙄
sarami

Dec 17, 2008, 11:19 AM
yeah I would agree with that one! sometimes I wish ppl would put their selfes in other ppls shoes.
arsimckhoi

Dec 17, 2008, 10:50 PM
I would have just stood there and let the phone bounce of me and call security... or... stand there and let it go pass me shatter on the floor or wall behind me. I'm a jerk though
Menno

Dec 17, 2008, 1:35 PM
We had someone who wanted me to give them a Gzone boulder for free because the phone they bought 6 months ago (at another store, it was the Sam U340) couldn't withstand being dropped out of a helicopter and since he was a "loyal" customer for 8 years (checked his account, it was 4) we should give him a new phone.
Jrockemsockem

Dec 17, 2008, 2:54 PM
i know i hate it when every other customer tells me how long they have been with my carrier. They just throw it in the conversation like its gonna change the price i already gave them.

i wanna say: Who cares! Do you relize how many customers we have and how many of them have been with us as long or longer than you!
Johanisu19

Dec 17, 2008, 3:12 PM
yeah I have been a walgreen customer for 12 years that does not mean there going to discount my photo processing fee if i say i'm going to Super walmart.....(I know its not the same)
jonnygee007

Dec 18, 2008, 2:10 PM
Customers are dumb. I would never behave like some of these people do in public. I had a guy walk in my store yell catch and toss his Palm Treo halfway accross the room which was a good 15 feet. He is lucky I caught it. Then he scream about how big of a POS it is and I need to replace it Now I was like here is the number to warrenty have a nice day..
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 17, 2008, 3:20 PM
after she left the other custy in the store pointed out that if i had wanted to steal her credit card info all i had to do was write it down - why would i need to CALL someone when the card was in my hand? 🤣
Fredd

Dec 18, 2008, 2:45 PM
Hope you did something nice for the other customer! A good one like that is a pleasure to give good service to.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.