Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Does anyone else have an "Open door" policy?

Darkwingduk

Dec 16, 2008, 2:19 PM
I dont get it but our policy is to leave the door open for customers that walk by hoping it brings more business... Because Im sure customers think "Hey look an open door, I think I will see whats going on in that store. I suddenly feel like purchasing a phone now that I have seen an open door." Im hot as hell and we are probably losing a ton of money because the air conditioning is on. Plus, we do not even have a lot of foot traffic in the first place. I dont think we are losing customers because they are too lazy to open a door... wtf?
OfAMightDivine

Dec 16, 2008, 3:01 PM
Shame on you if you work in this industry and think that people aren't too lazy to even open a door.
Turbo187

Dec 16, 2008, 4:07 PM
Yeah the open door thing is supposed to be "inviting" I don't think it's the fact that they are too lazy to open a door, it's more like they hope they will mindlessly wander into the store, stumble on a great deal and walk out with 5 new lines. I know, pretty dumb. It's the same thing here, when sales are slow our RSM will call the stores, try to pump them up - and tells them to open their doors. Yeah, thats her big sales tip, open the freaking door. Anyway - It doesn't seem to help us here either.
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 16, 2008, 4:49 PM
If you work in a shopping center that already has decent "foot traffic" this does work. There are other things you have to have in check too. I have this policy with my store but we have sidewalk displays, Music, etc... so customers do tend to kinda wander in like hey didn't know you guys were here..LOL It's actually one of the cheapest ways to advertise aside from hvac costs 🤣 ...
dummy61104

Dec 16, 2008, 6:38 PM
Its 10 degrees and snowing bad where im at it must be nice to have a open door.

lucky
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 16, 2008, 6:39 PM
i don't care how much it supposedly "helps" sales - i'm not leaving the door open when it's frigging forty degrees outside.

i refuse to sell phones while bundled up in a jacket, a coat, and a scarf because all the heated air is slipping outside. sorry! lol ;oP

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.