Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Tis the season for sticky fingers

Menno

Dec 14, 2008, 2:24 PM
In the past week we've had 4 cla's 3 leather cases, and a SD card go missing.

And people really wonder why phones arn't free?
vzwilman

Dec 14, 2008, 2:26 PM
Thankfully we do not have this problem here cause we have no customers coming in to buy.
Tmo Slave

Dec 14, 2008, 2:27 PM
Yeah so far our store has had 2 G1s stolen and a Sidekick.

Some of our other stores have had their G1s and assorted blackberries stolen.
Menno

Dec 14, 2008, 2:32 PM
We've only had one phone stolen from us and we called and got it turned into a paperweight so people really need to know their way around the system to try and get it re-activated.

It's mainly cases and the like that we have to keep an eye on. We generally go a month with only a case or two going missing, but this month has been insane.

I caught someone trying to walk off with one of our storms and 3-4 4gb cards the other day.
Tmo Slave

Dec 14, 2008, 2:47 PM
Well we can track the phones too but we are not supose to call them. I know one of the kids that took our G1 and if he ever comes back into the store again I'm going to drop kick him in the taint.
Menno

Dec 14, 2008, 2:52 PM
We called corporate and had the ESN marked as lost/stolen so it can't be activated on a verizon plan without some really tricky software updating.
Burger Time

Dec 14, 2008, 2:56 PM
Menno said:
We called corporate and had the ESN marked as lost/stolen so it can't be activated on a verizon plan without some really tricky software updating.

Well if they are dumb enough to steal the phone, I don't think they are smart enough to figure out how to do the software update.
Menno

Dec 14, 2008, 2:59 PM
It stops 90% of the people, especially in this area.

Remember, these are the same customers who want to activate their iphone on an inpulse plan.
Burger Time

Dec 14, 2008, 3:02 PM
Menno said:
It stops 90% of the people, especially in this area.

Remember, these are the same customers who want to activate their iphone on an inpulse plan.

🤣 yeah, I'd say you got a good step ahead of em
filerx

Dec 14, 2008, 3:01 PM
What is a taint? 🤨
Burger Time

Dec 14, 2008, 3:02 PM
filerx said:
What is a taint? 🤨

Hey, friend! You never txted me back! 😢
Burger Time

Dec 14, 2008, 3:08 PM
a synonym for a package...or for a twig n berries, which is the popular phrase for it here on Phonescoop.
Tmo Slave

Dec 14, 2008, 4:24 PM
taint

1. On a man, the area between the sack and the crack.

2. On a woman, the area between the giney and the heinie.

🤣
llama

Dec 14, 2008, 4:40 PM
You don't play stupid very well.
yoboy8

Dec 14, 2008, 5:31 PM
chote.. its called a chote
Burger Time

Dec 14, 2008, 2:50 PM
Such sweet memories. When I worked at Starbucks we had people run off with espresso machines, coffee makers, newspapers, mugs, teas, coffees, you name it. Hey, we were the busiest store in the district and when you have 100 customers bitchin about their lattes, you don't have time to stop someone from carrying out an espresso machine.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.