Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

AT&T WIRELINE BU%%$#^#

MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 11, 2008, 4:13 PM
New policies state that even the indirects have to focus sales toward wireline sells. Failure to adhere will result of a minimum of a 15% reduction of commissions!! 👿 I got into the WIRELESS industry to sell WIRELESS products this is ridiculous. Also to top this off there was no formal training on the products here. Just brochures?! WTF! Can't sell ish I know nothing about.... I could rant 4ever on this one but Ill stop here. 😈 Corp AT&T
tanya_ATT

Dec 11, 2008, 4:17 PM
didnt know all that...
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 11, 2008, 4:23 PM
I don't think mall locations are included... Good for you!
tanya_ATT

Dec 11, 2008, 4:40 PM
yuppie 😁
PhonemanJ

Dec 11, 2008, 6:35 PM
You mean that we still sell cellular phones? For the last 6 months, all we have heard is homeproducts. Last I heard, ATT was laying off 12000 people due to the lack of wireline sales. Wireless supports the company now, but they instead push home products. I too joined up to sell wireless. I could care less about wireline. I have been in this business over 20 years and wireless has treated me well. But pushing wireline and other home products is about to push me out of the business.
CellularFanattic1

Dec 11, 2008, 8:34 PM
oh yes its great!! im in mall location and have been selling it now since the begining of october and have sold 6 wireline products. i get my ass chewed out everyday because my store is not selling wireline you need to focus on wireline and im just like WHY!!!!!! everyone is canceling their home phones(with the exception of a some) and getting cell phones to do all the same things and save money!!

i believe that the only reason that AT&T is trying to keep it alive is because of the new product they are rolling out. Dont know if yall have heard of it or not AT&T U-verse.

but its just a theory!!

CHUCK!!
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 12, 2008, 10:35 AM
Yeah U-verse is being pushed heavily but its like why lay off 12000 people only to put that weight and pressure on a completely different market. Its irritating. Plus its confusing like hell to try and set it up through POS. Its the blind leading the blind because Wireline customer service doesn't even know whats going on. I fel like I'm being spread too thin and this addition is lessening my ratio of closed phone sales.

Me= M
Customer= C

M: Well it looks like you're eligible for an upgrade of your cellular device.

C Thats great which phones are free?

M: Oh it also says you're eligible for new home services as well.

C: Oh well what cell phones can I get?

M: There's alot to choose from. Would you be interested in Dish servi...
(continues)
ccareatatt

Dec 12, 2008, 11:03 AM
Wireline customer care is dumb. Its like talking to a donkey every time I have to call over there because they route a DSL question to wireless because they dont probe enough. Hey what do I know? I am paid less and held to higher standards apparently.
jeffatt

Dec 12, 2008, 11:08 AM
Count me in on the wireline hate. All these years, AT&T has "trained" their customers that sitting down face-to-face and discussing setup of home-based wireline services were next to impossible. Now they expect these same customers to go to their wireless reps and not be skeptic? I can't tell you how many people look at me funny and pretty much stop just short of calling me a liar about some of this stuff.
wizardofCroz

Dec 12, 2008, 3:04 PM
We're judged by how many wireline checks we make. They haven't started taking any commissions yet, but i agree, i think the unity plan is ridiculous. No one has/uses a home phone anymore.
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 12, 2008, 3:44 PM
Yeah thats how it all starts. You have to be at 100% eligibility checks right? Next they'll hit you with the fact that hey now you have to sell them!!!!!! However since I started this thread I've sold 3 products 2 dsl and 1 dish.... 😳 Keep the free GP coming I guess....
Burger Time

Dec 12, 2008, 3:47 PM
MR.Reme_RHYME said:
New policies state that even the indirects have to focus sales toward wireline sells. Failure to adhere will result of a minimum of a 15% reduction of commissions!! 👿 I got into the WIRELESS industry to sell WIRELESS products this is ridiculous. Also to top this off there was no formal training on the products here. Just brochures?! WTF! Can't sell ish I know nothing about.... I could rant 4ever on this one but Ill stop here. 😈 Corp AT&T

That is ridiculous! More people are going wireless nowadays, and they are ditching the land lines.

I think AT&T is desperate to sell more than just wireless, which I can understand why. The wireless market is saturated at this point....
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.