Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

why????

sweetcherrygurl

Dec 10, 2008, 8:31 PM
why is it that its so frigging hard for customers to understand that our premium retailer stores are here to SELL phones and accessories to you and not just "oh im going to come to your store to complain and make you talk to customer care for me for an hour, but i'll buy my phones online thanks" 😳

and THEN they come in the store so YOU CAN ACTIVATE THEIR PHONE AND MOVE THE CONTACTS OVER?

jerks. 👿
ZombieJ

Dec 10, 2008, 8:34 PM
Do you only sell one carriers phones in that store?... If so I can't imagine how a customer could possibly get the idea that you're there to assist them in their dealings with the company you represent.
T-Monster

Dec 10, 2008, 8:39 PM
although rudly said, zombij has a point. one thing you have to remember is that customers are complete and utter idiots and wouldn't know the difference between a corporate location and 3rd party retailer if their life depended on it. i work in a kisok for a 3rd party t-mobile dealer, and i can't even begin to count the number of people who come up thinking we can solve all their problems like the corporate stores can. i mean we try to do our best so the customers come back to us insead of coprorate stores from now on, but we can't do partial upgrades, warrenty exchanges, loaner phones, and stuff like that. everything else we can pretty much do at this point.
dxniel

Dec 10, 2008, 8:55 PM
u have to do everything online jus like u baught the phone 🤣
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 10, 2008, 9:09 PM
i dont mind when people come to me for help with their bill and such i have a customer base.
but i have had customers such as one in particular that came in and took up my time SEVENTEEN TIMES (yes i counted) with their problems, i told them WHEN their upgrade was, etc. and then this one particular customer bought her phone at best buy then two days later came in to bitch at MY STORE because best buy screwed up their plan.
dxniel

Dec 10, 2008, 9:19 PM
dont feel bad one of my co-workers let a custy use the computer to do an upgrade online cuz the custy had lied to him about checking the online prices

i told him why the hell did u let him do that in the first place lol, ur supposed to talk him out of online sales
datboicamron

Dec 11, 2008, 10:06 AM
Exact response I give 😁
ac4321

Dec 11, 2008, 12:42 AM
It could be worse. You could work at a corporate place and have to do the phone book swaps and other stuff that the kiosks/3rd party places can't/don't.

FFS, learn how to bluetooth them over people. Seriously.
😈 😛
jonnygee007

Dec 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
Customers just see the name on the store and come in. I work for in indirct verizon and people come in all day with there Landline bills wanting us to help then with it. It does suck when someone upgrades online or another store then wants you do activate there phone and swithc thre contacts. In my store we charge them $20 becasue then time that we are spending with them we are missing out on a sales.
64kwireless

Dec 20, 2008, 6:37 PM
well if they bought it online, charge them a $25 activation/transfer fee... This is common now...
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 20, 2008, 7:21 PM
i love it (not) when they come into your store, you tell them it's a ten dollar fee to transfer contacts, and then they get pissed at you.

they bought the phone at costco, costco couldn't transfer their contacts, so costco makes it sound like it's our job to do contact transfers all day long for FREE.

arrggh.
Thelastholdout

Dec 25, 2008, 3:04 AM
Yeesh. Didn't realize you indirects get so pi.ssed when my department tells them "Yes, because this phone is crappy and has broken on you for the FIFTEENTH TIME and you have THREE HUNDRED CONTACTS and it has a WHITE SCREEN SO YOU CAN'T SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING you should be able to take that phone to an indirect store BECAUSE DIRECT STORES ARE NOWHERE TO BE FOUND, they have machines that can transfer your numbers and activate your phone for you. If you tell them that it's a warranty replacement that you just got, they should be able to do it for free."

I mean, if it's really that much of a hassle for you to help a customer, I'll try to get them to corporate stores instead.
crazyeaglefan236

Dec 25, 2008, 11:51 PM
I think you missed the point. Sounds like the OP is upset that they helped someone and that customer went online to do business anyway. I would be ticked too.

I had an insurance agency in Pa do this to me. The owner comes in asking about phones. I ask some qualifying questions and uncover a need for him to have a PDA. What we were to do next is to talk with their IT department to see what platform would be best...a BB or Windows. The lock box application worked best on the Palm. I had four meetinggs with the owner and their IT for a total of 10 hours. I had an appointment set up for the following week to upgrade his phone and add 10 lines with all getting Palms. Being an indirect, I special ordered 11 Palms in for this deal.
(continues)
Thelastholdout

Dec 26, 2008, 12:12 AM
Yeah, cases like that would annoy the heck out of me too. I see that point, but in some cases it is okay to help a customer who didn't buy their phone in your store. Cases like that I would probably want to throw them out, though.
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 26, 2008, 2:51 PM
THANK YOU, crazyeagle.

as i said before, i don't mind helping customers.

but it makes me want to smack the customers upside the head when they come in my store to take up my sales time, stay in here long enough to make other potential sales get fustrated and walk out, they insist on getting an hour-long demonstration on the phone, and then they say that they already bought the phone online or they are GOING to buy it online....and then they walk out, leaving you silently cussing them out under your breath.

it's really irritating when you spend time trying to sell them on something and then it turns out you have wasted your time and didn't even get any commission for it to put towards rent or your car payment.
jeffatt

Dec 26, 2008, 7:21 PM
That's why I always have special orders paid for in advance. If it's not here and you want it here, you gotta pay for it first.

I'm not going to make the phone calls & send emails to my sales manager & inventory managers for you to stiff me.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.