Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Grrr Some people's parents!

fakename

Dec 8, 2008, 4:03 PM
So I work in a call center helping people activate their phones if they can't work the automated system, and this is story of my latest call:

Cust had 3 lines that she said were activated fine. Ok, so what’s her question? Well, apparently her old sim cards still worked. Hmmm that’s odd, So I verified that her new sim cards were indeed activated and then I put her on hold to talk with Tech spprt (and this is like a 5-6 min hold), they said that it’ll deactivate eventually, and if it hasn’t in 72 hrs to call back.

So I go back to the cust to tell her this info, and she says, “look, see It’s still working because I can still press all the numbers [and she has the button talk on so I can here what butto...
(continues)
liquidfire

Dec 8, 2008, 4:08 PM
i love how people do not understand that just cuz a phone doesnt have service, doesnt mean it wont function.

i have to explain 1000 times a day that the phone will still work, it just wont do calls or data. 🙄
jwonchalk

Dec 8, 2008, 4:10 PM
We just had one in here
"My son broke his Juke that he got in July so we wanna buy a new one because the Juke's are nothing but junk what do i have to pay for this one and this one and this one? I tell him full retail which all the phones are over the 350 mark and then he gets all uppity on me and say what a rip off this store is and why we should be shut down"
WHATEVER! 👿
Tmo Slave

Dec 8, 2008, 4:42 PM
Yeah I had a customer try and tell me that its not their fault that her son broke the phone. I explained that what he did to the phone is not normal wear and tear. Her reply was that he is a teenager and his normal wear and tear is more extreme than an adult.

Sorry a phone isn't crap because you don't know how to treat it.
fakename

Dec 8, 2008, 4:54 PM
Haha! That's classic! Well, I'm clumsy and drop stuff all the time, so technically that's normal wear and tear for me, I demand a new phn plus credits! 😁
Menno

Dec 8, 2008, 6:44 PM
Haha, we get that too (as I'm sure you saw when you were here)

My favorite are the people who say "Well I signed a contract with verizon, doesn't that mean I get better deals?" Yes, you get a better deal on the phone you purchased, if you want to replace your phone for any reason that isn't a defect in the first year, you pay retail on it because that is what it is costing us to sell it to you.
tanya_ATT

Dec 8, 2008, 5:05 PM
wow...lmao 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.