Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Which would you Prefer?

sms_Queen

Dec 7, 2008, 7:46 PM
a) the customer who puts a "1" in front of their 10-digit number

b) the cust who says their number soooo quietly that you can barely hear them and must ask between 10 and 87 times for them to repeat themselves, while they get more and more mad...and more and more quiet...

c) The cust who says their number in some really, really odd order, like 54-6987-5412.

d) the cust who starts telling you everything that's wrong, before giving you the number, even though asking for it is a part of your opening.

In my last 4 calls, I had each of these...and I was trying to figure out which one irritated me the least...so i thought I'd get some input!
LilSkillet

Dec 7, 2008, 7:48 PM
Definitely D. Although I like to mess with people that give their number in a weird combination when I got em on the phone.
custservguru

Dec 7, 2008, 7:53 PM
wait.. let me add another one..

a customer whos english or shall i say proper english is so bad you're not sure if they said 2 or 3 4 or 0. etc. i'm sure you all know what i'm talking about. 🤨
sms_Queen

Dec 7, 2008, 8:09 PM
haha, yeah, those are fun...then they usually just repeat the offending number over and over louder and louder...but I still can't tell. haha!

another one i should add is, when they say their whole number like 987-578-6287 and all i need are the last 2 numbers, so i'll say something like 62...? (with an obvious up-tone in my voice at the end to indicate a question) and then they repeat their whole fricking number! 👿
custservguru

Dec 7, 2008, 8:15 PM
yea i get that too with the area code all the time. i ask "what was the area code again?" and i get the whole number all over again.. I tend to then say, "thanks, but I only needed the area code". 🤣
sms_Queen

Dec 7, 2008, 8:17 PM
haha, yeah...me too...that doesn't irritate me as much because the area code is at the beginning, and as soon as i get it, i hit enter and get into their account and just ignore them while they're saying the rest of their number...lol...
Nehemiah7

Dec 7, 2008, 8:45 PM
Hm how about when you ask them for mobile number STARTING with the area code they say the number and area code at the end

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.