Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

Issues with Wirefly

Menno

Dec 5, 2008, 2:04 PM
So black friday, we had a customer come in who wanted to get 3 phones. She insisted that they were free online. I checked on the corporate site, and then she told me it was through wirefly. I told her we cannot honor wirefly pricing and she leaves.

Fast forward to today. Lady comes in all pissed at us because there is an issue porting the numbers over (surprise)

So then she goes on that it is our fault because obviously we have control over another retailer, especially one that operates online exclusively. So we look up her account. To us, everything looks good, according to Verizon everything is ported over. According to her old carrier, the numbers are still waiting to port over.

I told her that there was most likely an iss...
(continues)
ralph_on_me

Dec 5, 2008, 2:11 PM
For new activations we can usually match any deal. Wirefly activations require adding certain features to their account, and if they change their account for any reason (even a plan change) in the first six months they charge them for it. We have a similar form which we give them, and if they remove any of the features or change the plans we charge their credit card for the full price of the equipment.

As far as your issue, I would call in directly to our porting center and confirm they were ported. If that's what they say and it still wont work, I'd call in and submit a trouble ticket. That's about all I can do.
wizardofCroz

Dec 5, 2008, 2:25 PM
๐Ÿคจ please tell me where i can get a sheet that lets me charge the credit card if features are taken off. PLEEEASSEE!! I get charged back if a custy takes off features within 60 days
ralph_on_me

Dec 5, 2008, 2:39 PM
Talk to your company, I'm sure they have lawyers who can draft one. It's not something we use for every activation, but if they get an extra discount it's mandatory.
sprintguy19

Dec 6, 2008, 10:48 AM
Why would YOU do it.Tell custy to call wirefly (ha ha) and have them take care of it. They're porting back (not coming to you)at the end of the contract anyway, and wirefly can do that for them too.
ralph_on_me

Dec 6, 2008, 5:13 PM
because if you treat them like that, they'll definitely port out.
Menno

Dec 6, 2008, 5:44 PM
And if they port or if they stay they won't be buying the phones here, becuase I told them I will not match Wirefly pricing because my store would LOSE money by doing so.
lxav06

Dec 8, 2008, 12:02 PM
i know what you mean, i have walmart and the shack in the same shopping center as my store.
and i get the " well they heave iot cheaper over there". to wich my rebuttal is that they sell everything so they do not know anything about the phone they gonna sell you, and i get those people messing up accounts and they send them to me to fix them.
so to save a bukc you are willing to rick the hastle of soething not going right on your account.
Tmo Slave

Dec 5, 2008, 2:29 PM
I would tell her to contact wirefly customer service and have them fix it because she went through them. At this point the sale is done and there is no benefit to you.

I tell customers no to go through places like wirefly for this very reason, because they suck and screw crap up all the time.
Menno

Dec 5, 2008, 3:40 PM
I tried telling her, but of course since we don't price match (unless it is a business line or they are high ends with manager approval) but they insisted that it would be find because verizon was verizon.

The only reason they weren't told to take their issues to wirefly was because my manager was in a good mood and he was handling the issue instead of me.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 5, 2008, 3:52 PM
Tmo Slave said:
At this point the sale is done and there is no benefit to you. .

Unless she returns the phones by porting back to old carrier and thus cancels the contracts. But that only works if you offer better deals...
T-Monster

Dec 5, 2008, 4:55 PM
That's considered a form of churn, and at least with t-mobile we get charged back for it. It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard though. Lets say a customer goes to a t-mobile corporate store and buy a phone for $50. They come to us and ask "How much do you charge for the _______ phone?" If we tell her a better price, they can't go back to the other store, return their phone, and rebuy with us. That's actually penalizing the customer more than us.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 5, 2008, 5:24 PM
That's odd we do that about once every two weeks no problem. That's not considered a phantom churn.
Butthead007

Dec 5, 2008, 7:55 PM
Actually, it is false churn.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 5, 2008, 9:34 PM
I've never heard of the term 'false churn', only 'phantom churn'. It is not a phantom churn because a phantom churn is when people get new numbers to get new primary pricing and then drop the old ones. This is simply cancelling and then starting somewhere else, where it's cheaper. You probably work for direct and therefor think this isn't allowed or something.
texaswireless

Dec 6, 2008, 5:20 PM
That is the text book definition of phantom Churn.

AT&T has options in place for us to credit their account a certain $$ amount specifically to keep customers from churning like this.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 6, 2008, 6:27 PM
No it's not. You are an idiot. Refer to my other posts in this thread or call up a service providor or ask somebody whos been doing this long enough. You're a ****ing moron I even posted another thread from phonescoop where someone else explains what a phantom churn is and it is THE EXACT SAME THING I said.
texaswireless

Dec 8, 2008, 12:44 AM
Hmmmm,

I own a chain of stores.

I have been doing this 16 years.

Can you tell me someone else who has been doing this longer than I who can confirm your theory? Or were you just being an ass?
jeffatt

Dec 5, 2008, 3:48 PM
For something like this, I'd tell them that during the first 30 days, any issues with the sale of devices or problems with activations have to be handled at the point of sale.

Of course, that's not 100% a lie, anyway. Often times with places like Wirefly, Wal-Mart, or even some stores (like ours) that offer extra discounts for certain features and what-not, it's best for customers to always contact their point of sale so as not to get charged for making the changes.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 5, 2008, 3:51 PM
Tell her since she bought from them she has to deal with them. But first make her feel bad about her purchase and here's how.

First, tell her the phones are refurbished (which is a lie but whatever). Next, tell her wirefly has their own contract clauses added to Verizon's contract such as paying them hundreds of dollars if a bill payment is late or if an ETF is incurred from the carrier. Then smile as she wallows in infinite sorrow. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
texaswireless

Dec 6, 2008, 5:22 PM
Wow,

No wonder you think telling someone to return/cancel then rebuy is not phantom churn.

You sir are the reason most reps get a bad rap in general when it is only the actions of a small few.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 6, 2008, 6:21 PM
texaswireless said:
Wow,

No wonder you think telling someone to return/cancel then rebuy is not phantom churn.

No. It's because I'm smarter than you when it comes to cell phones. Phantom churn, idiot, is when people get new phone numbers under a new plan to get the NEW handset pricing vs the upgrade pricing. They then cancel their old lines. THIS is phantom churn. Nothing else.
CellularHolocaust

Dec 6, 2008, 6:23 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/carriers/forum.php?fm=m&f ... »

You can also call the service provider and find out who is right. Everyone else, or you.
texaswireless

Dec 8, 2008, 12:56 AM
If you think everything you read on the internet is true you really are ignorant.

If you REALLY care to know the difference you can read on. If you just want to continue in your own little world then by all means, knock yourself out.

Phantom Churn occurs ANYTIME service is canceled for ANY reason and the customer is told to sign up again at a different point of distribution for a wireless carrier. This can be done several ways including the method you cited above AND the method you state you use to gain customers. In both the AT&T and Verizon agent agreements we can lose our stores if these type of action knowingly occurs.

Corporate stores commit this against agents, agents against agents, etc. AT&T is so concerned about ANY pha...
(continues)
texaswireless

Dec 8, 2008, 12:42 AM
Not according to our agent agreement, idiot. Something I doubt you have ever or will ever get to see with that attitude.
20momof3

Dec 6, 2008, 1:32 PM
Wirefly isn't as bad as amazon or 5linx though...yes all of the "3rd party authorized dealers" have their own seperate contracts...I always tell customers to read the fine print because of this. Most of 'em charge if you port a number, add a line, up or down minutes, add PHP...
CellularHolocaust

Dec 6, 2008, 6:29 PM
20momof3 said:
yes all of the "3rd party authorized dealers" have their own seperate contracts...

When you say 'third party' are you making a distinction between indirects also? Or are you including indirects in that passage?
Pious Goddess

Dec 6, 2008, 3:13 PM
I hate having to assist customers who used Wirefly, because it seems like there is mainly always an issue. Especially, if I tell the customer they need to call them to get any thing straightend out because the customer says they called them but get no where. They always seem so complicated to get anything straightened out. I find that they are good budget wise for people who need/want but they should before using those services.
Menno

Dec 6, 2008, 6:46 PM
I warned them that I've heard of a lot of issues with wirefly activations, but since I wouldn't make our store lose money to make the sale, they went there.

I understand the economy is tight, and people are looking for a deal wherever they can. But if you decide to go for the cheaper phone prices, don't be so arrogant to go to the place you DIDN'T buy from and expect them to spend hours fixing the barginboy's mistakes.

Again, everyone should spend two years in retail and the world would suddenly become a more understanding place.
Pious Goddess

Dec 6, 2008, 7:03 PM
Yeah, some people are always wanting us to price match with wirefly, and threaten to cancel if we don't. I inform that we can not price match and if they want that pricing they must go there. Just like cus telling me so and so has this PDA free with a new activation if you don't get me the price I quit. I think fine, quit.. that is your choice. I am not losing my job because you wanted to cry.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.