Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Really, sir?

sms_Queen

Dec 2, 2008, 3:16 PM
M=me
C=Crazy customer

M=Ok sir, do you see the little circular hole in the plastic on the very bottom center of the phone? what color do you see through that hole?

C= bright red! Yep, it's red. Is that the color it's supposed to be?

M=Actually, sir, that's the Liquid damage indicator, and it's supposed to be white. It sounds like your phone has been exposed to liquid, and unfortunately that does void your warranty.

C=Oh, you know, now that you mention it, the sticker is white. yep. it's white.

M= 🤨 Well, sir, when you send the phone back to us, our technicians will check the LDI, and if it is red, you will be charged $374.00 for the replacement phone.

C= F you! I hate you! you guys never help me and you guys probably...
(continues)
TMoGuy

Dec 2, 2008, 3:19 PM
It's funny how everyone thinks we are out to screw them isn't it? Ha!
Menno

Dec 2, 2008, 4:41 PM
We had a guy who said he is going to pay the early term fee on his line because he can't get the storm "Today" and it is "unacceptable" that we don't have one for him...

Yeah, he lives well over an hour away and only stopped in here after trying two corporate stores and refuses to sign a waiting list.
sms_Queen

Dec 2, 2008, 4:46 PM
yeah...i used to think the majority of people were sane and intelligent. after working in cust care, i'm beginning to realize that the percentage of people who are is less than I thought....
lilfroggy

Dec 2, 2008, 6:24 PM
Yest I had a custy who called in about something that I don't remember. Sunday the ldi was red, Monday it was missing. I nicely informed her she was still out of warranty and that it was there yest lol. She decided to go to a store and ver lol, never called back. They changed us to BMG only, god they are worse than HED people.
sms_Queen

Dec 2, 2008, 7:44 PM
Yeah...I'm HED...and I just had a hick from alabama that didn't even know what his wireless number was...and he had a curve... 🤣
lady_att

Dec 3, 2008, 9:02 PM
you must work for EGS? in SD... right?
KingTiger

Dec 5, 2008, 3:12 PM
lady_att said:
you must work for EGS

I work for EGS in Phoenix, AZ. What about you?
jeffatt

Dec 2, 2008, 5:04 PM
I love that type!

Show them the LDI, tell them about how it turns red when it gets wet and the reply is ALWAYS the same: "I've never gotten it wet!"

You can bet on it...it's a winner every time.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 2, 2008, 8:07 PM
Hey, it is a vast consiracy on the wireless providers part to sell water damaged phones just to spite the customer and force them into paying ETFs.
Darkwingduk

Dec 3, 2008, 12:36 PM
OMG! You spelled conspiracy wrong!!! you left out the 'p'... wow... I knew you were human.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 3, 2008, 7:51 PM
Of course I am human, what did you think I was, some sort of Guinness drinking fembot?
ac4321

Dec 3, 2008, 1:33 AM
Custy- you tell me how I got it wet! I've never dropped it in water!

Me- we (always maintain the regal "we") don't carry the phone day to day so we don't know. water/liquid is water, though, so it does the same thing however it happened.

Sometimes you'll get a lively one that wants to debate you about it to the point of you explaining the chemical reaction of oxidation that turns copper to green, iron to red, etc.

I'm baffled by customers who don't understand that it's their phone, their responsibility. If my car is in a parking lot and I come back to it and it's jacked up it doesn't matter that I didn't wreck it. It's still my car, wrecked, and something I have to deal with my insurance over. I'm not sure why phones make ...
(continues)
KingTiger

Dec 3, 2008, 11:51 AM
ac4321 said:
I'm not sure why phones make people lose reason and comprehension that applies to most every other aspect of life.
😕 🤣

Phones are such a trendy, pop culture thing nowadays that people are just uber-obsessed over them. They can't let it go when something happens to it.
sms_Queen

Dec 3, 2008, 6:00 PM
what I have started doing with customers who have no idea how their phone got wet is to commiserate with them. i say things like, "you know, I did the same thing to my phone. i went to have a warranty replacement and they told me that i couldn't cuz my sticker was red, and they asked if i have ever taken the phone in the bathroom when i take a shower or gotten on the phone right when i get out of the shower and my hair's wet. and i have! i used to do that all the time! well, that's what made my sticker turn red, and I couldn't get my warranty replacement either!"

and then they usually say that they have done those things too and they're not mad anymore, cuz i've gone thru the same thing...it's kinda cool actually...
ac4321

Dec 3, 2008, 9:40 PM
Yeah, I can't do that... because I've known since I was a small child not to get electronics around liquid. I don't take my computer or alarm clark or tv remote to the bathroom or shower or to the counter while doing dishes..

Before I had a cell phone I didn't do these things with a cordless house phone, either, and before that a regular wired phone.
sms_Queen

Dec 5, 2008, 2:44 PM
Well, of course, I do too...but I lie...just so they are nicer to me! they are nicer when they think i'm just as dumb as they are.
KingTiger

Dec 5, 2008, 3:13 PM
sms_Queen said:
they are nicer when they think i'm just as dumb as they are

🤣 I think it has more to do with being able to relate with you.
JesusSaves

Dec 4, 2008, 10:23 AM
I like the customer that goes
C: Uh...I just dropped my phone out of the plane while sky diving and then when I found it I accidently ran over it...but I put it in the microwave to get all the pieces melted back together...Can I get insurance on it.

M: Sure, sir no problem 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.