Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

So this guy came in

rhi_nan

Nov 29, 2008, 2:21 PM
with his grandson. The grandson was setting up a new contract but has had our company before. Grandpa is paying for the deposit and the phone. He hands me an American Express and I politely ask him if he has any other cards he'd like to use because we do not take american express.

this weird, awkward old man flips out and starts mumbling something, but very loudly. The only way i can describe it is imagine an old man just screaming nonsense. The only thing i got out of the whole thing was "well, what the hell, who doesn't take american express, i don't have any other cards!" (wallet was full of credit/debit cards???) He pulls out another card 😲 and as i'm processing it I hear him start to mumble again and this time he says "I'll tell ...
(continues)
liquidfire

Nov 29, 2008, 3:03 PM
that sux.

i had a guy come in to do 4 upgrades and an add a line. i processed it all and was about to give him a total and he whips out his checkbook. im indirect and cant take checks. so i told him this.

he didnt have a credit card, or even a check card and the bank account his debit card is connected to is empty.

no worries tho. he is going to the bank to deposit a check into the account with the debit card, then withdrawl money and come back.

everything is ready and waiting for him now.

its nice to have people who understand.

sry to hear your old man was an a$$hat tho ☚ī¸
rhi_nan

Nov 29, 2008, 3:06 PM
checks are becoming obsolete. half the places you go anymore do not take them but yet everyone gets mad when you say you don't take checks. aaughh.

Hopefully your guy comes back though, I had a situation like that last week.. never saw the guy again. haha.
liquidfire

Nov 29, 2008, 5:18 PM
lol i had already activated everything for them. so he had to come back or he wouldnt have had service.

but he just came back so all is good
dustin.gery

Dec 4, 2008, 5:22 PM
People who write checks typically dont have the money to back the check up, or are waiting for a pending transaction.... my old job we used to accept checks and we would have to call some check place to make sure the checking account had enough in it to proccess the check......so time consuming
Menno

Nov 29, 2008, 4:35 PM
I can thankfully take checks here (as an indirect) but we do direct withdrawls with them. It amazes me how many people come in to the store and give us a check and try to tell us to hold it fir so many days before depositing it still...
Menno

Nov 29, 2008, 4:36 PM
We also take American express, but their fees are really high.

We had someone try to pay with a diner's club card... that was interesting.
rhi_nan

Dec 1, 2008, 1:27 PM
đŸ¤Ŗ
JaydenW

Nov 29, 2008, 4:32 PM
arrrggghhh.
Hand him some napkins for his drooling muttery speech sped mess.

I had someone try to use a card that wasn't even... well.. really ANYTHING. I don't even know WHAT to call it.
Nehemiah7

Nov 29, 2008, 5:08 PM
I guess it's mean but I hate when customers think we should feel sorry for them because they are old.
rhi_nan

Dec 1, 2008, 1:28 PM
old people know they're old and they use it to their advantage.

no, i didn't get on the internet, i don't even know how to use the internet. show me, idk what you're talking about blah blah blah blah

oh.. sorry about the rant.. 👀

but most old people tick me off
JaydenW

Dec 1, 2008, 1:33 PM
That reminds me of a woman that came in here the other day looking for a plan and said she couldn't afford it because she had diabetes and had to buy insulin.

That is a good reason, stopping there would be fine.
Followed by,

Customer: "Diabetes gets to you."
Me: "Aww, yeah..."
Customer: đŸ˜ŗ "No... it REALLY gets to you."
Me: 👀 "Okay."
fakename

Dec 1, 2008, 5:27 PM
HAHAAAA HAA đŸ¤Ŗ
liquidfire

Nov 29, 2008, 5:21 PM
when i work at vzw indirect, i always had ppl try to use Amex business cards and more than enough discover cards.

i was always like đŸ˜ŗ , people still use these things?!

its all visa and mastercard now. thats what accepted everywhere. get over it ppl. get with the times.
20momof3

Nov 29, 2008, 5:40 PM
However, what nobody realized is that almost anyone can get a visa or a mastercard. You have to have really good credit to be able to get an amex or a discover card...but the reason that a lot of people use visa/mastercard is because of the diminishing economy.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 29, 2008, 6:00 PM
your story lacks finesse and some wit wouldn't be bad either

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.