Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 46 replies

NEW IN THE BUSINESS!!! in a mall...grrrr

tanya_ATT

Nov 26, 2008, 11:29 AM
i just started a job last week, in the mall...my plan is to learn what and all i can about the wireless industry, then get into a "STORE" somewhere soon after.. but this mall thing...its killin me, i dont like yellin at ppl to come over and talk to me, excpecailly because the lotion B****'s are next to me bothering the hell outta ppl already. and believe me when i say, they dont miss a person walkin by. SOOOOOOOOOO, anyone have any tips, things to say or do to get ppl's attention, to talk to them, ilve been here a week, and only did 4 upgrades! please help!!!!!!
tanya_ATT

Nov 26, 2008, 1:16 PM
please........... anything..... anyone.....

oooh, i just sold a charger...oooooo snap
Pious Goddess

Nov 26, 2008, 2:17 PM
Be a go getter! It's always good to talk to the customers about the phone they have, see how much they like it. Check their account for any issues that they may not be aware of, like going over their mins.
IrishCarBomb

Nov 26, 2008, 3:26 PM
If you haven't done this before, the best thing you can do to start off with is learn as much as you can about your companies plans and policies, and their phones too. You will be surprised how many times the sticking point between an activation and no activation is whether the phone has a loud enough ringer. I have saved a couple deactivations for other reps just by showing the person how to turn up the in call volume on the phone, etc.

Also, make as many personal connections as you can! Especially when it comes to the 40+ year olds. They are looking for a person to help them just as much as they are looking for a phone.

Usually I will look at the persons clothing and go from there. Sports team, I ask them about the team, especia...
(continues)
TacTiqs

Nov 26, 2008, 4:15 PM
This guy knows what he's talking about. I'd go with this.
tanya_ATT

Nov 28, 2008, 9:59 PM
thank you... really... that helps!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
sweetcherrygurl

Dec 6, 2008, 3:30 PM
other things that help is to give them "on the down low" "secret" tips that they may not be aware of. one thing that gets me repeat customers is when they come in with a larger-than-normal bill because their teenager download 23 ringtones in a month, i tell them about phonezoo.com.
i tell them that if they have their teenager make a username on there, they can upload songs or audio files from their computer and make their own ringtones, which they can then send to their phone via picture message and save to their phone. this works on a majority of verizon phones that were made within the last two or three years, a majority of newer at&t phones, and some metro phones. (be careful with RAZRs, it only works on SOME of those. and i don't know h...
(continues)
tanya_ATT

Dec 6, 2008, 7:24 PM
awesome .. i didn't know b out that one!!

thanks ๐Ÿ˜‰
solodolo

Nov 26, 2008, 4:08 PM
you must be working for a T-maybe authorized retailer. No other company would allow you to "yell" at customers when they walk by. ๐Ÿคจ
solodolo

Nov 26, 2008, 4:12 PM
actually i just realized your sn says ATT. If your in a mall around the holidays its already busy enough and with the attitudes people give off, stopping them will only make it worse! only approach people if they stop and give general interest in your kiosk. Dont jump the gun and talk about their phone or what service. Just say hi! it can go along way
jpglowrod

Nov 26, 2008, 4:41 PM
Just keep in mind that its like , making out with a new girlfriend for the first time , at first you dont wanna touch certain spots , u have to take your time and eventually u will feel comfortable. just make sure u touch all 3 bases and home plate bubba!!
usccsucks

Nov 26, 2008, 5:07 PM
im not sure what to say to that.

not the anaology i would go for but hey....to each his own.
smiliey

Nov 26, 2008, 7:17 PM
hahaha dude, effing classic.

who says shes yure girlfriennd though? maybe just a one night stand.. then yue can be a little more couragous.

good times.
MR.Reme_RHYME

Nov 26, 2008, 5:14 PM
Kiosks are tricky business! Like most people have mentioned before this post a favorable reaction isn't normally warranted by yelling across the mall "What wireless carrier you got" - annoying as hell. In the mall you have to come to the realization that people normally go into the mall for a specific reason. Alot of the time it's not to be hassled by an over eager sales person. BUMMER I KNOW. However keep in mind customer service goes a long way.

A lot of people are buzzing about AT&T these days which gives you a major advantage over your competitors. CUSTOMER SERVICE starts with you. Greet everybody you see with the biggest smile you can muster up and a warm hello how are you. You'd be surprised how much positive energy will draw people...
(continues)
tanya_ATT

Nov 28, 2008, 7:28 PM
thanks everyone... all that really helps... i just have to get over my nerves first i think... its like, they ask a question that i might not know and i get a lil .... off, iguess,. and ppl know it... but i've made some sales, and i am always on top of learning as much as possible about AT&T... thanks again... ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜
CellularHolocaust

Nov 28, 2008, 8:27 PM
srsly
tanya_ATT

Nov 28, 2008, 9:38 PM
can't...or i would, that always has worked, and believe me, i gottem' to show off, BUT , they keep us in these T-shirts (puke green mind u) up to our necks... tucked in and all... sucks!!!!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
CellularFanattic1

Nov 29, 2008, 8:29 AM
puke green huh?? i know of a cell phone place that does that they are in my mall if i am thinking of the same company that you are working for.

Do yall also have black T-shirts by chance?
tanya_ATT

Nov 29, 2008, 3:10 PM
yes...one guy does..

we're fashionable aren't we
CellularFanattic1

Nov 29, 2008, 3:28 PM
that you are!! and i think i may know who it is you work for to but i do not know for sure its crazy!! is your company that you work for just opened up and new?
tanya_ATT

Nov 29, 2008, 9:17 PM
lol, yes we are... u wouldn't happen to be... with a company that has no deposits.... ๐Ÿ˜‰
CellularFanattic1

Nov 29, 2008, 9:33 PM
well thats cool! no i dont work for a company that has no deposits. i wish i did!!

so what mall are you located at in north carolina??
tanya_ATT

Nov 29, 2008, 9:40 PM
cary town....ok, good, so ur not the T-mobile ppl, taking all the customers!
CellularFanattic1

Nov 29, 2008, 9:46 PM
noooo im def not a T-mobile store. i am a AT&T store in NC taking all the customers away lol

even though i think your AT&T also just not the same as me!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
tanya_ATT

Nov 29, 2008, 9:47 PM
where u at???? ๐Ÿ˜
CellularFanattic1

Nov 30, 2008, 11:31 AM
im down in the Charlotte/Gastonia area selling the house out ๐Ÿ˜›
tanya_ATT

Nov 30, 2008, 12:16 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh i see how it is.... ok.. lets see who gets the most today... im: 1 op. and 1 acc. today, been open 15 mins, open till 7.... get to sellin!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
TMoGuy

Nov 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
Just curious but do you work for AT&T Corporate or an In-Direct Dealer? What's with the T-Shirts?
tanya_ATT

Nov 30, 2008, 12:31 PM
i work for a dealer! woohoo.. i dont know WTF is up with the shirts and the color! ๐Ÿ˜
CellularFanattic1

Nov 30, 2008, 12:35 PM
haha its cause they want to create a comfortable atmosphere with the customer and not a professional one to make them feel more inclined to buy lol.

ok bring it on tanya_att.

i have been open since 11 and have not sold anything yet but that will change soon cause most people think we open at 12:30 sooooooo lets goooo and see what ya got!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
TMoGuy

Nov 30, 2008, 12:46 PM
How about a little friendly competition. T-Mobile vs. AT&T. We'll go my store vs. both of your stores combined. How's that sound? ๐Ÿ™‚

Puke Green T-Shirts

vs.

Hideous Pink Button Ups

So far we have 2 activations. We are open from Noon-5. Yall down? ๐Ÿ™‚
CellularFanattic1

Nov 30, 2008, 12:48 PM
hey hey now i dont wear the puke green shirts lol. i get to rock out any color i want to in a button up or a nice polo(sunday)

but let see what yall go im down for it!!

tanya you ready to show him why ATT is number 1!!!!!
TMoGuy

Nov 30, 2008, 1:01 PM
Ha Ha. OK sounds good. Let's do it! ๐Ÿ˜
tanya_ATT

Nov 30, 2008, 1:16 PM
hells yeah...

lets do the damn thing....

HAHAHA.. our rep just called, we earn a extra 10$ on any activation/upgrade that has a feature added on!!!

hells yeah boiiiiiiii'

lol, the mall is slow, but i'll get it done!
tanya_ATT

Nov 30, 2008, 1:13 PM
yeah.. we are down..

lets get ready to rumble!!!

one upgrade, and 2 acessories...
CellularFanattic1

Nov 30, 2008, 5:54 PM
2 post 2 ups $150 in features and $210 in accessories!!!! Rocking out the sunday business!!!!

where ya at tanya and tmoguy??

and we still got 2 more hours to go we close at 8pm tonight
tanya_ATT

Nov 30, 2008, 5:58 PM
hahah... thats my boi!!!!

damn, we close at 7 tonight, so u gotta brig the house down....

i got

4 ops
3 upgr4ades
5accessoires
4 features

do the damn thing!
WhoDey

Nov 29, 2008, 5:22 PM
pics or GTFO...
brentgodwin

Nov 29, 2008, 5:57 PM
๐Ÿคค ๐Ÿคค
tanya_ATT

Nov 29, 2008, 9:20 PM
๐Ÿคญ
brentgodwin

Dec 1, 2008, 1:59 PM
You were offering!!

LOL.. ๐Ÿ˜

How is it going?

Was your first weekend good?
tanya_ATT

Dec 2, 2008, 11:04 AM
well... so far so good.....i guess..

in the last week, i've sold

5 activations, bout 10 upgrades, 6 feature add-ons, and probably 10 accessories...

the store as a whole did much better, my hours are usually the mornings, so its slower here in the mall then.. more ppl at night.
Plus, the damn t-mobile ppl are right next to us, and they have crazy plans now, with freen phones, and no activation, no credit check, so they are gettin everything... i send them the ppl that come here and try to get a new activation, and then get mad when its a 750$ deposit!.. their manager already said they were gonna buy , me lunch 2'xs this week for getting them customers, but hey, if i can't help them, and they start bitvchin, i just send them down...
(continues)
Saint.Patrick

Nov 28, 2008, 9:25 PM
Be smart tanya_ATT and just quit and go work for a corporate at&t retail store and save yourself from the nightmares people have suffered from working in a third party kiosk/store. It isn't work the sanity lost for the little pay you shall receive. The truth shall set you free tanya_att.
tanya_ATT

Nov 28, 2008, 9:40 PM
yeah, while here at work today.... and yes i've been here all day since 6am... i was offered a job in my home town, (i live 35mins away from this stupid mall) and i think i am gonna take them up on the offer, ima ride this out as long as i can... but...come on, ive had nooooooooo new phone sales, no upgrades, and like 5 accessories, and one feature add... thats it... ON BLACK FRIDAY!!!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
WhoDey

Nov 29, 2008, 5:23 PM
oh and also, dont ever listen that guy.. ever
Seriously, he is the most biased non helpful person on the forums.
liquidfire

Nov 29, 2008, 5:27 PM
lol
true that
devilsmafia

Dec 2, 2008, 3:48 PM
The devil he may be. Like a wolf in sheeps skin. Perhaps he may even be the Anti-Christ. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.