Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Gangstas and stolen ID's= Jail time

Nadesico81

Nov 26, 2008, 3:33 AM
Had this happen to me a few years ago when I worked at RadioShack.

Once had a small POS hatch back with 6 people crammed into it sporting MA plates pull up to the front of the store? They parked in the fire lane blocking the entrance of my store and the nail place next door.

They pile out and have the whole were gangsters and drug lord look. This is not a normal look in Southern New Hampshire.

They all come into the store and start looking at the phones. One of the dudes wants his credit run for Verizon. The battered ID he gives me is from New Jersey and is set to expire in a week. While all the time his buddy play with every single thing that makes noise in the store.

One of my other coworkers was running a Store Credit app...
(continues)
KingTiger

Nov 26, 2008, 12:18 PM
wow, that's crazy! I'm glad they got caught. If they hadn't gone crazy and started trashing your store, they might have got away before the police got there. Dummies.

What happened with your store? Did you have to make any repairs? Did you get any reimbursement at all?
Nadesico81

Dec 2, 2008, 3:50 AM
Nah it was not too bad they damaged a few musical keyboard and broke a slideing window. The Shack has a special company on 24 hour standby to fix things like glass, store fixtures etc etc etc. They did not bust too much merch just had to scrap some AV equipment and a cordless phone.
TMoGuy

Dec 2, 2008, 3:15 PM
What dummies! It's a good thing your Credit App. alerted the police. Too bad for them though that they got caught. It was only a matte of time anyway.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Dec 3, 2008, 10:35 PM
I got robbed at gunpoint at the Verizon Store in Hilltop Mall, in Richmond, CA. They took all the phones and money.

And nobody ever got arrested.

Welcome to Cali.
Nadesico81

Dec 4, 2008, 3:43 AM
Jebus man that suxs nuts.

Who in there right mind holds up a VZW store? Come one there must be a 7-11 across the street. At least there you can get a big bite and insanely huge drink while you hold the place up.

Yea the phones would of been no good once you deactivated all the ESN's. Hope you had them all on record.

People are stupid

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.