Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

why do customers steal FAKE phones?!?!?!

anarchy

Nov 25, 2008, 7:09 PM
I'm starting to think that I could poop on the floor, put a price tag on it, and someone would steal it
IrishCarBomb

Nov 25, 2008, 7:14 PM
Hey, how much for that pile of s**t?
anarchy

Nov 25, 2008, 7:18 PM
depends, are you upgrading or adding a line?
IrishCarBomb

Nov 25, 2008, 7:25 PM
All new service! Can I get data for that pile? How well does it surf the web? Does it have good call quality? Is it loud?

6 months from now, will it still be a solid pile of s**t, or will I need to get a new one already? Can I get insurance?

You give me all that for under $50 a month, no deposit, and the pile for free, we got a deal.
anarchy

Nov 25, 2008, 7:30 PM
FREE!!??? you customers think I can just pull a pile of S*it outta my a*s and give it away for free???
IrishCarBomb

Nov 25, 2008, 7:31 PM
You mean you can't? But I am a valued customer of 73 years! I used to date the founder of this company! You just tried to rip of the wrong person!
anarchy

Nov 25, 2008, 7:34 PM
Ma'am you ID says your only 43, and the founder was a woman..I mean thats your choice...

And no you cannot get the pile of s*it on prepay
IrishCarBomb

Nov 25, 2008, 7:37 PM
Fraud! I say this is fraud! Thats not my ID! I'm calling the cops! And what do you mean I can't prepay? Is my money not good enough? Let me talk to the president of the company right now!
anarchy

Nov 25, 2008, 8:21 PM
Fraud? ma'am you gave me the ID what do you mean its not you?

And no, your pre war Iraq money is no good at my store.
IrishCarBomb

Nov 25, 2008, 8:38 PM
You switched the ID's... What are the cops doing here already, I haven't called them yet... Officer this agent just... What? You want me to leave? No, this is an injustice! Freeeeeeeedoooooooooom!
T-Monster

Nov 25, 2008, 9:31 PM
😳 😳 😳 😳

Bob the typical Cingular Customer
Episode 12.5
Bob and the pile of sh*t
Nadesico81

Nov 26, 2008, 3:02 AM
Whats bob going to do when he finds out Cingular is now the New ATT Mobility? After all he is a loyal Cingular customer how dare a company change its name and not tell Bob!
KingTiger

Nov 26, 2008, 10:48 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣
dummy61104

Nov 26, 2008, 10:56 AM
i want someone to come in and try to activate the dummy phone that they steal so i can stall them and call the cops and have them arrested for being a complete moron.
KingTiger

Nov 26, 2008, 11:19 AM
😁 If you actually do that sometime, please let us know what happens!
KioskLife

Nov 26, 2008, 1:31 PM
You mean you never had anyone try and activate a dummy phone?? It happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times and the look they get when you tell them it's a fake phone just doesn't get old. 👀 🤭

How these people go through life is beyond me.
IrishCarBomb

Nov 26, 2008, 2:28 PM
Good times! I was filling in at a mall location, and someone tried to run off with all three of the dummy smart phones... He didn't get far, was arrested, and charged with attempted grand larceny of over $1500, so it was a felony! It was great! I laughed the rest of the day over that one, chuckle, and still am!
kapwww

Nov 26, 2008, 8:17 PM
Had an idiot steal a fake Bluetooth headset that we had on display once. He came back the same day saying he just bought it at our store and it didn't power on. He wanted it swapped out or wanted a refund. Of course he had no receipt but insisted we could just take his word for it. We laughed at him and took it back. When we mentioned cops he just ran.
JesusSaves

Nov 26, 2008, 7:23 AM
You forgot the part where you tell him you'll have his job. 🤣
JesusSaves

Nov 26, 2008, 7:22 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣
PhonemanJ

Nov 26, 2008, 12:40 PM
Myfavorite part of stealing fake phones is when some dumba$$ brings one into the store to activate.
Tmo Slave

Nov 26, 2008, 1:15 PM
Thats because people are idiots and they think the fake phones are real.
PhonemanJ

Nov 26, 2008, 3:16 PM
Customer: Can you activate this phone for me.

Me: ROFL 🤣

Customer: My Buddy sold me this phone. He said he found it.

Me: He doesn't sound like a buddy to me. Give it to your GI Joe doll to use.
Menno

Nov 29, 2008, 11:48 AM
Put a sign that says "limited availability" and you'll never have to worry about cleaning it up.
KingTiger

Dec 2, 2008, 7:16 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 so true.
TMoGuy

Nov 30, 2008, 12:29 PM
Because they are dumb and ignorant. Even to steal a live demo is stupid. Worse even considering we can track it. Some people just have no common sense. Dummies!
CellularFanattic1

Dec 1, 2008, 12:07 PM
I have them stolen from my store in the mall all the time! the best is the stupid little punk kids that think that they are real and they ask you if they can have one and im always like why you know thats not real right.

they always respond" oh ill just put my sim card and battery in there and it will work!!!"

im like really you think its gonna work seriously how much paint have you eating to get that dumb!!!

the best was one of those kids asked me that so i of course told him it was fake he said he knew a guy that could make it work. so i was like really now and how is he gonna do that when it has no working parts to it.
of course he did not believe me so i took the phone and just broke the hell out of it on the counter and showed...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Dec 2, 2008, 3:21 AM
Its the little things you do to people to make life worth living.
CellularFanattic1

Dec 2, 2008, 10:54 AM
that is so very true!! i love to do things that just shock people when im at work. cause i have come to realize most of the time they will buy becuase of that!!
Darkwingduk

Dec 1, 2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah seriously, I have a huge problem with that at my location. Tons of little bad ass kids hanging around find it fun to run by and snatch our non-working models... then we dont have any... and thats not cool. Even kids in high school that know they dont work... what has the world come to? I usually have to chase them off with a broom...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.