Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Stereotype Customers?

jlperez11

Nov 24, 2008, 12:27 PM
I dont know how anyone else's shop is setup but our store is like one big box facing a window where we can see the customers parking and walking into our store, but basically we classified our customers like this and not being mean, rascist, or evil, but it never fails to pan out and be true.....plus we have a liquor store beside us....but here we go..

Old people
Typical Symptopms:

My phone won't turn on
My Phone is stuck on vibrate
My phone is dead
I need to put minutes on my phone
I just need something with no bells or whistles....
I need it just in case for emergency....

fill free to add in your stereotypes
Menno

Nov 24, 2008, 1:02 PM
"Price Match or I won't buy" customers:

Identifying marks:
-Pull up in a car no older than 1-2 years, typically a gas guzzler.
-If it is a women, they have a designer purse, Men have some overpriced logo on their shirt.
-90% of the time, they have a bluetooth in their ear.
-Spend at least 5 minutes outside the store, on their phones, before they come in. Generally comment on how they were just talking to someone important.
jlperez11

Nov 24, 2008, 1:26 PM
hahaha i dunno what store you work at but it dosen't matter who you talked to important here..you pay the same as anyone else pays
Darkwingduk

Nov 24, 2008, 3:23 PM
LOL

I know this sounds bad but since we are laying it out there...

Mexicans, African Americans and rednecks always come in to upgrade their phones but can't because they have a past due balance. Thats mean to say but I see it a lot and Im not leaving the white folks out.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 24, 2008, 8:20 PM
That's pretty racist man that just happens mostly to blacks...the other two are occasional and they'll pay it right away to get the phone. Mexicans like to get things done, I respect that.
WhoDey

Nov 25, 2008, 9:11 AM
Yea, I can count on one hand the number of Latinos that have past due balances.

And they usually dont give a shiat how much it is, I physically have to tell them theyre paying too much.
Menno

Nov 25, 2008, 5:25 PM
Same. I work in an area with a lot of rednecks, but 9 times out of ten the person with a past due balance is some lady driving a minivan who does all her bills on the 15th, so verizon's due dates don''t matter and they come in every month wanting to know why their lines are suspended.

around here, the rednecks more often than not either pay their bills on time (but pay too much because they refuse to pay 5 a month to save 50).

The real idiots when it comes to bill payments are the ones who think they can pay at their convenience, and these are the "middle class whites" who think I am their personal dictionary.
Fear The Cubans

Nov 25, 2008, 6:17 PM
I work in Arizona where there are a lot of Mexicans...they never complain about their bill being high, and are always paying their bills on time in cash.

They just never qualify for a contract because they don't have ssn's.

Sometimes they do get frustrated at the reps who don't speak spanish though. They walk up and ask "speaka spanish?" You answer no, they give you a dirty look.
KingTiger

Nov 26, 2008, 12:42 PM
I live in AZ, too, and I worked an agent Alltel store. What I thought was interesting was the Mexicans that would come in wanting help with their T-Mobile/Verizon/(insert phone carrier here) account, didn't speak much English, then got angry when you couldn't help them.
OfAMightDivine

Nov 26, 2008, 12:55 PM
If you don't speak spanish and give you a dirty look... if they don't have an SSN, offer to call the INS for them.

That ought to shut them up.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 24, 2008, 6:48 PM
Do youz all run credit checkz? Fo real?!
20momof3

Nov 24, 2008, 7:25 PM
"i just wanna axe u a some questions bout ya'lls bluetoof headsets."
Nehemiah7

Nov 24, 2008, 7:54 PM
I'm a very important person, I don't have time to troubleshoot my phone send me I free one i've been a t-mobile customer since 1998!!
CellularHolocaust

Nov 24, 2008, 8:18 PM
This guy yesterday said he's been *'s customer for 25 years... 😳
Nehemiah7

Nov 24, 2008, 8:37 PM
lol using world war 2 radios 😁
beergirl

Nov 25, 2008, 10:10 AM
I work in a pretty well-to-do area (I don't live here, I just work here). Every Monday, my store gets bombarded by the Soccer Milf, driving the Mercedes SUV with 3 to 4 children in tow, all of which are spoiled brats. The soul purpose of this weeks visit is a PUK block.

Yes, you need a new SIM card. Yes, you need to make new friends.

The best is when dad comes, too. He likes to yell at me about how we have such advanced technology, yet we can't get the phone numbers off of his daughter's sim card because she was an idiot and locked her phone so daddy couldn't read her text messages.
liquidfire

Nov 25, 2008, 3:07 PM
i love soccer milfs 😉

but not when they complain 😡
beergirl

Nov 25, 2008, 3:43 PM
It at least provides good scenery around here.
dualitycomplex

Nov 25, 2008, 5:03 PM
My personal favorite.

Trophy Wife from another Country.

"You mean I'm not at an ( insert whatever carrier you are not working for here ) store? It always used to be..... 😡
Fear The Cubans

Nov 25, 2008, 6:13 PM
y'all got those blueberries?

My favorite are the customers that are banging on your door early in the morning to pay their bill thats already a week late. Or the ones who stop you on your way to your car to ask if they can pay a bill.
xombyme

Nov 25, 2008, 7:19 PM
oh the goddamn worst are the stupid little gangster wannabes...............yo dog u got boost mobile???????????
Rsixxer

Nov 26, 2008, 11:52 AM
Love this thread!

Our most popular customers in this ****ty credit area are
1. LOF's- aka- Lack of Funds. These are the people that never have any money but want the most expensive phones,accessories, etc.
2. B-Backs- We love to call out sales reps that have people walk and the potential sale says "I'll be back later."

Oh, and 50% of our customers at Sprint are always turned off due to late payment. I am harrased all the time when we close if I can just "open the store for a minute so I can pay my bill." WTF!!! Go to college and get a job you LOF! 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.