Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Can I use your computers to order phones from online?

Menno

Nov 24, 2008, 10:24 AM
So we Just had some customers come into the store. They said that they tried ordering phones online and it wouldn't let them, so they wanted to use our computers to order them.

😕

I ask them what phone they were looking at, and inform them that we have that phone in stock. After assuring them that yes, we do actually sell phones here, I look up their account and see it is a secondary line upgrade. So I quote them the price (which on the phone is exactly what it is online)

Customer: But online it is free.

Me: *Pulling up the website* As you can see, our pricing matches theirs exactly.

Customer: No, when I log in it gives me different prices. Can I just use your computer to order the phone from there?

Me: I'm sorry,...
(continues)
BLEDSOE

Nov 24, 2008, 11:19 AM
don't you know when they log in they get the VALUED customer prices...LOL.

I feel your pain...have had a couple of customers come in expecting there to be a machine where they can finish online orders or like your genius...for us to finish the order for them. HaHa. I mean really....do you think i get paid to facilitate orders through an online medium??
Darkwingduk

Nov 24, 2008, 3:26 PM
That is halarious! I hate when they come in to look at the phones and ask us every question on the phone and then say "well thanks for the info. Im actually ordering the phone online."
sweetcherrygurl

Nov 24, 2008, 5:17 PM
or when they come in to look at the Dare and you spend ten or fifteen minutes chatting them up about the phone and telling them about all the great features and thinking you're going to get a nice commission - and they say "well, thanks, i just wanted to look it. i ordered it online and it's supposed to come tomorrow but didn't want to wait that long to see it."

and while we were wasting time on them REAL customers having been lining up waiting to be helped?

jerk-off online buyers.
WhoDey

Nov 25, 2008, 9:07 AM
First question out of my mouth for most customers

"Are you looking for this to do an upgrade today, or a new line?"

"Oh, I just ordered it online and wanted to see it"

"Okay, well go ahead, if you need to purchase any accessories for it, let me know"
kapwww

Nov 25, 2008, 12:08 AM
Had some lady come in asking for a free env2. I pull up the account and see they have a $50 NE2 credit, so I explain that the phone is $99.99 in store after an instant $50 discount and they get $50 back in a rebate for a final price of $49.99.

She says "I saw it on the commercial for $99.99, I get $50 off right away, and I get a $50 rebate, so it's free". I said "The $99.99 advertised price is after a $50 rebate. You would normally pay $149.99 then get $50 back hence the $99.99 final price. Your NE2 credit gets you $50 off of the $149.99 price."

She tried to counter with "When I log into the website, it gives it to me for completely free and I don't even have to get screwed on a rebate. I wanted to keep my business local but it...
(continues)
dummy61104

Nov 26, 2008, 10:47 AM
first off i work at an agent location, so we have limited access to the system for activations.
i hate when the person wast es all your time and say they can get it online cheaper.
HEY A** HOLE DONT GO INTO A STORE THEN!!!!!

then they expect us to do everything for their phone if they have problems with it.

i tell them they have to call the online help desk number for help. and that they have to send it back and get a new phone. they get pissed and i love it.
kapwww

Nov 26, 2008, 8:59 PM
Most people are just blowing smoke to try to convince a clueless rep to give what they want. If we fired all the spineless reps, the industry would be much better off and much less confused. Throw in the ones who don't understand the systems and processes while we're at it. Oh...and instead of firing them, let's just kill them so they can't plague other industries with their idiotic behaviors. 😈
dualitycomplex

Nov 28, 2008, 5:10 PM
damn skippy, i say we use giant vats of molten iron. 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.