Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

National Crazies go To Cellphone Stores Day (sorry, kind of long)

gadawg119

Nov 23, 2008, 4:51 PM
So why didn't anybody tell me that today is "National Crazies Go To Cellphone Stores Day"? I swear, each of my customers have been progressively more crazy...Here's a summary of my last 2 customers:

Me - Hey. Welcome to ****. How can I help you?

Crazy - I didn't know you all were open today.

M - Yes, we're open 7-days/week 😁 How can I help you today?

C - Oh, I'll have to come back...

[Crazy leaves store]

M - 😳

Next Crazy:

Me - Hey, Welcome to ****. How can I help you?

Crazy - Do you remember me?

M - Um, no. 🤨 I'm sorry, but I don't recall. What were we working on?

C - I was the one with the Blackberry... [Cust holds up Pearl with a very "sure of himself" look].....

M - ........... 🤨 🤨 ......
(continues)
Fear The Cubans

Nov 23, 2008, 6:00 PM
m: hi, welcome to ____, what brings you in today?

c: my phone doesn't work in my house...

m: ok, well, what's your address, I can look it up to see what the reception is supposed to be like there?

c: 538

m: how do you spell that?

c: just like it sounds

m: ok thanks, I just want to make sure because the system won't find it if I spell it wrong

c: how do you not know how to spell it? its just down the road...go down 2 miles, then make a left, then a right, then 2 lefts, etc...

m: I'm sorry ma'am, I just moved to the area and I'm not familiar with every street in the greater Phoenix area.

c:

I guess I have to me Mr. Google Maps to work in the cell phone industry too...
CellularHolocaust

Nov 23, 2008, 6:02 PM
gadawg119 said:

C - I was the one with the Blackberry... [Cust holds up Pearl with a very "sure of himself" look].....

M - ........... 🤨 🤨 ......I still don't remember. But how can I help you today?

C - [Very frustrated that I don't remember him] I was here on........umm....It was Friday!!!

M - Oh. Yeah, I wasn't here on Friday.

C - Oh. But I was...

M - 😳 😳 😳 😳 😳

Umm why didn't you just lie and say yes I remember you and then let them prattle on? That's what they do. Prattle. You would have figured out the situation in an instant and made them feel important.
dummy61104

Nov 23, 2008, 6:22 PM
me: how are you doing today?

cust: i need to change my phone to this one.

me: ok can i see your id to get the account info?

cust: its not my account.

me: are you an auth user?

cust: no. just do it i dont have the time to be messin wit this.

me: due to fcc regs i have to verify the account holders id to do changes to the account.

cust: ok f**k you(storms out

a few hours later she returns with the account holder.

me: i just need to see your id.

cust😲k hands me a ticket that she got.

me: i need an state id.

cust hands me an expired id.

me: this is not a valad id it needs to be current.

me on phone with cust service and they said the cust needs a real id to do the changes too.

me: they said they m...
(continues)
CellularHolocaust

Nov 23, 2008, 6:46 PM
Who cares if the ID is expired? Who the **** do you think you are? You sell cell phones not nuclear weapons.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 23, 2008, 6:47 PM
nuclear weapons = cars...but you get the drift
dummy61104

Nov 23, 2008, 6:54 PM
we get fired if we dont have a legal form of id. sorry im not losing my job over that. we have a lot of shady people come into our store. we have to watch our booties on that.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 23, 2008, 6:57 PM
You're going to get fired for making sales? LOL...

The ID may no longer be valid, but that doesn't mean they don't have an ID. The ID number is still valid, dumbass. Nobody is going to come down on you and call this guy up and make sure his ID is still valid... srsly...

Point being, they have an ID. The identity, as far as you know, is real... If you want to deny them go ahead please PLEASE give it to your competitor.
dummy61104

Nov 23, 2008, 7:05 PM
the company i work for does check randomly on it and im not going to lose my job for 1 or even 50 sales, (i cant retire on that).

and it was a coe esn change so i wouldnt of made any money on it anyway.

and we get people in our store that steal ids and try to get phones off of them so we have to have it legal so we dont get sued.

im not a dumbass i just want to keep my job and not have to work at walmart and make min wage for the dumbasses that cant follow the rules.
SimOrMsn

Nov 23, 2008, 8:31 PM
::Me talking to a store rep at my call center::

Me: :verifies account: and did you check a government issues ID for the customer?

Store rep: yes

Me: and what type of ID did you verify?

Store rep: Sam’s club card

Me: 🙄 I am sorry sir a Sam’s Club Membership card is not a valid government id.

Store rep: but wezz verify with dat all da time.

Me: ?
h2odamage

Nov 23, 2008, 6:25 PM
(being typed with my PDA, apologies for any bad grammar/typos)

For starters, I'm a corporate in-store customer service rep.

I had a customer come in today with questions on her bill...

Me: Good afternoon! What can I do for you today?

Cust: I had some questions about my bill.

M: I'll be happy to go over your bill with you today (insert verifying cust dialogue). So what was your question?

C: I was charged $170 on a secondary line I cancelled earlier this month and I want to know why.

M: Well that sounds like a early termination fee but let me double check that's what it was.

**Sure enough she was charged an ETF for terminating early.**

M: It appears you were charged for canceling your contract two months after it sta...
(continues)
dummy61104

Nov 23, 2008, 6:46 PM
i have that happen all the time here. they just dont seem to understand that we give a discount on the phones for a 2 year agreement.

i love when people think if they yell and cry they can get free stuf. i just kick them out of my store politely. lol
Fear The Cubans

Nov 23, 2008, 7:06 PM
Haha, everyone rolls there eyes when I show them the full invoice price for the phone.

m: ...well, actually actually pays $200 for the phone

c: yea, right, you guys probably only pay $20 for this...I'm not dumb, I know how this works...

Granted...I know we do pay less than the full invoice price...but very rarely is something marked up more than $25.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.