Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 38 replies

When your asked....

ajlineman

Nov 19, 2008, 3:21 PM
what the best phone is on the Sprint network for texting, what would your response be?
Blumpelstiltskin

Nov 19, 2008, 3:58 PM
the one with bad grammar
PhonemanJ

Nov 19, 2008, 4:07 PM
It amazes me how many scoopers don't know the difference between your and you're. Another one that drives me crazy is that no one seems to know the difference between Their, There and They're.
😛
sms_Queen

Nov 19, 2008, 4:31 PM
uh-huh...anyway, to answer the OP's original question, instead of just being mean, I would say the Rant...EVDO, and full keyboard, but no annoying smart phone OS...just my 2 cents...
llama

Nov 19, 2008, 5:05 PM
The OP should have been asked in the Sprint Forum.
ajlineman

Nov 19, 2008, 5:16 PM
THANK YOU! I appreciate that...
And I'm sorry about the bad grammar, didn't mean to offend those of you who are absolutly perfect and feel it's their job to go through forums and insult and degrade people on simple mistakes.
Get a life and leave me alone.
Unless of course you have applicable feedback.
JesusSaves

Nov 21, 2008, 8:22 AM
LOL...." feel it's their job to go through forums and insult and degrade people on simple mistakes"

And aren't there alot of them
3ntropy

Nov 21, 2008, 3:50 PM
you still fail. it's "you're."
taoareyou

Nov 20, 2008, 1:54 PM
I wouldn't assume that a person doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're" just because it was misused in a post. Both words pass the spell check, and even casual proofreading can let you overlook something like that. It happens a lot.

Also a lot of people post when they have a free moment at work, and don't expect their "work" to be submitted for any major awards (only minor ones).

I never really understood why people are inclined to pick apart the technical details of a forum post unless the writing was so bad that the poster's meaning could not easily be understood.

I know I have made typo's, don't use perfect grammar, etc.

Of course the irony in this case is someone complained about another person's grammar, ye...
(continues)
ajlineman

Nov 20, 2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah. Thanks for the back-up. More then being picked apart by peers I was more upset that I wasn't getting any serious feedback on a post... I mean common, you got a problem, say it, but a whole thread about my grammar? Dude... haha
JesusSaves

Nov 21, 2008, 8:24 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣
The New ATnT Wireless

Nov 19, 2008, 4:45 PM
This is Ray Carroll ( 🤣 ), you are posting in the wrong forum. Do it again and I will tell on you and get you banned before going to troll the Lounge...
ajlineman

Nov 19, 2008, 5:10 PM
No its not.
I was asking AGENTS in stores and call centers how they would respond to a customer.
If that's not "Shop Talk" I don't know what is.
Mind ya business and stop trying to play MOD.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 19, 2008, 5:52 PM
That is what Ray Carroll does... 🙄
ajlineman

Nov 20, 2008, 8:57 PM
Yeah I don't know who that is?

And wouldn't it still be in this forum? Despite what Ray Carroll does?
Saint.Patrick

Nov 20, 2008, 8:59 PM
This forum is where wireless carrier employees can talk about anything related to their job and their daily lives.
ajlineman

Nov 20, 2008, 11:01 PM
And I had a customer asking about a phone, was wondering what some other agents might suggest in that scenerio...
In order to make it relevent to this forum is it really necessairy that I start with "So I had this customer ask me..."
wade496

Nov 21, 2008, 7:02 PM
Dude I don't want to be rude but before you hit submit just click the button to the right that says check spelling. I could care less if you punctuate your sentences, but when you choose to spell incorrectly without trying there is a problem.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 20, 2008, 6:19 PM
is ray carroll?
The New ATnT Wireless

Nov 20, 2008, 8:21 PM
CellularHolocaust said:
is ray carroll?

Well at the moment he is Saint.Patrick. If you want more info, talk to Llama.
Rich Brome

Nov 20, 2008, 9:08 PM
Please mind this forum guideline:

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

Thank you.
Saint.Patrick

Nov 20, 2008, 9:12 PM
You don't have to worry about me violating the TOUs. 😎
ajlineman

Nov 20, 2008, 11:06 PM
Okay... if I'm following this right Ray Carroll is a previous member who was banned and is now back as Llama? And I'm being compared to him?

lol man... if yall gonna insult me, do me a favor and at least let me know what I'm being called...
Saint.Patrick

Nov 23, 2008, 8:12 PM
Llama and Ray Carroll are definitely not one in the same neither is Llama and me or Yean.
The New ATnT Wireless

Nov 23, 2008, 8:13 PM
Saint.Patrick said:
Ray Carroll is me.

I agree. 🙂
The New ATnT Wireless

Nov 23, 2008, 8:15 PM
As you state in your TCs, banned members are not allowed to return, but yet everyone on here has said again and again that Saint.Patrick is raycaroll70. I've even compared the postings between the two user names, they are a perfect match. If you go after me for pointing this out, then go after Saint.Patrick too. Unless he works for you... 😳 😳
Rich Brome

Nov 23, 2008, 8:37 PM
Please read this again:

If a banned user returns, it is a violation of the ToU, so if you notice that, please report it to us. When you report it to us, please be specific. "This person sounds like / has the same personality as X" is not specific. We need more to go on than that.

However, please do NOT make a public stink about it. In fact, please just don't mention it in the forums at all. Please let us (the moderators) do our jobs.
Rich Brome

Nov 23, 2008, 8:45 PM
Now that you mention it, looking at YOUR info... you were obviously banned several times before. Is that what you were asking for? 😕
Tmo Slave

Nov 23, 2008, 10:14 PM
Oh snap! 😳
The New ATnT Wireless

Nov 23, 2008, 8:18 PM
I am going to boycott your site by never returning. We also have cnet.com and they are pretty darn good with their phone reviews and they even post more information about phones than you do. And! They don't have forums.
BigShowJB

Nov 21, 2008, 11:16 AM
the real ray carroll is a banned PS member. Banned because he is an absolutely miserable excuse of a human being (using the term loosely in his case) that reveled in antagonizing other posters by correcting every little nitpicky detail, from things like the color of a phone is charcoal instead of gray, and stupid things like that to starting fights just to start them. He became the most reviled member of phone scoop. Ray is the wireless industry's employee equivalent to another character found on phonescoop, "Bob the Cingular customer." (you can do a search on that character and find several entertaining stories.)

Ray Carroll, through his many reincarnations and screen names here on phone scoop has also become the metaphor for someo...
(continues)
CellularHolocaust

Nov 21, 2008, 5:21 PM
Someone capable of outrolling me? Sounds like a worthy foe!

Is that the guy who was always pro CDMA and despised GSM? Typically posted in General?
Saint.Patrick

Nov 22, 2008, 1:29 PM
He sure did...
Verizon Wireless 2009

Nov 22, 2008, 1:32 PM
Saint.Patrick said:
I sure did...

Corrected.
Tmo Slave

Nov 23, 2008, 10:21 PM
Ray Carroll was 10 feet tall, consumed the English with fireballs and shot lightning bolts out his arse. 😛
CellularHolocaust

Nov 20, 2008, 6:23 PM
Depends if they want to go on the simply everything plan or not. I would ask them if they wanted to do anything else besides text...

If they want third party software or they want to get the most for their dollar they want a simply everything plan in which case a black berry curve, treo, or if they want for style the instinct...

If they just want texting by all means sell the rant - texting is only 10 bucks more or included with everything other than the basic..
ajlineman

Nov 20, 2008, 11:03 PM
I was strictly talking about the user capabilities of PHONES and how easy it is to text on each one, and which sprint reps would suggest.
Thanks for a serious response though... this entire thread got WAY off topic from my original question.
CellularHolocaust

Nov 21, 2008, 5:19 PM
Anything with a spread out keyboard is easy to text on..curve, treo even the instinct is easy. Only phones with full qwerty that suck to text on are palm because the buttons are so incredibly tiny... 😁
JesusSaves

Nov 21, 2008, 8:23 AM
I would say the instinct. You can type in either landscape or portrait mode and even draw in your characters.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.