Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

This is a new one for me (which I didn't think was possible) that definitely tops all others...

StarryNight

Nov 14, 2008, 3:12 PM
Dude comes into the store because his phone isn't working.

Dude is mad because his phone has "died", even though he took "such good care of it! I didn't drop it or nothin'"

Rep grabs phone from dude, and notices that phone is warped (as in, the outer plastic cover is wavy).

Rep asks dude WTF happened to the phone.

Dude says "Oh! Well about three months into owning it, the screen went white, and I found that if I left it on my car's dashboard in the sun, the screen would work again. Well eventually, that stopped helping the issue, so I decided to bake the phone in the oven for about 10 minutes at 450 degrees. That worked once, so I tried it again and it made the outside of the phone look all weird like this and now it doesn't wor...
(continues)
Pious Goddess

Nov 14, 2008, 4:39 PM
I've heard of hair dryers, but baking it in the oven?
GoBroncos

Nov 14, 2008, 5:49 PM
I went to Kentucky to visit friends once and one of them got their phone wet so I asked what he did to try and fix it and he said he had put it in the oven lol only it didn't work for him! I laughed so hard and when I came home I told everyone about it
Ghosthendrikson

Nov 14, 2008, 9:39 PM
Did the fact that he was from Kentucky make it even funnier for you? Because it sure did for me. 😁
OfAMightDivine

Nov 14, 2008, 11:46 PM
So you are alive still. Haven't seen ya in a while.
StarryNight

Nov 17, 2008, 3:14 PM
I am alive still, but barely 😁 How have you been?

I haven't been posting much because I find it a bit difficult to keep up! But this one had to be posted for everyone's enjoyment!

And here's the kicker - there wasn't even liquid damage on the phone! He wasn't trying to dry it out! That's the part that blows my mind. It'd be one thing if the phone was effed up to begin with, but it wasn't. Prior to the melting, we would've been able to exchange it. Smart cookie, that one... 🙄
ladybyrd

Nov 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
We just had some cat come in talking about the whole I didn't do anything to it same old same old bs...Five minutes before the store opened he was standing outside the store banging his phone on the trash bin. I tried pointing out that that was doing something and he got all defensive about it. You can't tell me what to do with MY phone... Whatev. Guess who paid full retail. 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.