Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

I want to pay the minimum...

a99tandem

Nov 1, 2008, 11:17 AM
Customer comes in- "I wanna pay the minimum amount to restore service, how much is it?"

What I WISH I COULD SAY

--It's $xxx.xx
-WHAT!? Why is it that much?
((Research bill history))
Well, back in June, you got a $300 bill and only paid half of it, you keep carrying that past due balance over and each month you're paying the minumum so your balance is getting larger.
--Well that's BULLS#!+!! What can you do about it?
-Nothing, bills are charges for services rendered, frankly I'm impressed XYZ phone company is still allowing you to have service.
--So you can't do anything at all?
-Well, you''re only willing to pay the minimum amount, so I really only feel obligated to give minimum service. A payment of $xxx.xx would bring you cur...
(continues)
jreed3686

Nov 1, 2008, 11:23 AM
Alltel rep eh?
Nehemiah7

Nov 1, 2008, 11:26 AM
Lack of responsibility, what are we going to do with all these assholes?
Assuming he cancels and doesn't pay then he goes to another company and wonders why his deposit is 500.00
Menno

Nov 1, 2008, 12:10 PM
Or:

"No sir, it is customers like you that take advantage of phone companies, forcing them to increase their rates to compensate for lazy pieces of Sh)t like you who feel that it is their right to NOT pay on a service you signed a contract saying you would pay. Instead of blowing all of your money on Cigarettes, Alcohol, or cheese wiz, why don't you pay your bill instead so you don't have to waste your time (and mine) by bitching about a situation you and only you got yourself into?"
a99tandem

Nov 1, 2008, 4:32 PM
Not alltel- competing cdma carrier not acquiring alltel.
jreed3686

Nov 1, 2008, 5:17 PM
lol Sprint
custservguru

Nov 2, 2008, 5:45 PM
ohh yes... the company who lets any idiot have service with us since we have the lowest deposit of any carrier. and lets not forget the lovely spending limit.

cust- why is my service shut off? My balance is only $250 and I have a spending limit of $600.

me- well your acct is 2 months past due.

cust- yea so? im not over my spending limit!

me- yes, but you still can be disconnected for not paying on time.

cust- @#$%&#$^@%^#$(( Ya know the response)
KingTiger

Nov 3, 2008, 5:11 PM
custservguru, you work for Sprint? So do I. I get those kinds of customers calling in all the time. Or the ones who go over their minutes (which immediately affects their spending limit, even if the charges aren't billed yet) and are suspended because of their ASL.
mist668

Nov 2, 2008, 12:59 PM
Society would be such a better place if everyone was required to sell cell phones for a year.
usccsucks

Nov 2, 2008, 1:31 PM
mist668 said:
Society would be such a better place if everyone was required to sell cell phones for a year.

Truer words have never been spoken.
liquidfire

Nov 3, 2008, 2:38 PM
i dont agree. cuz then you have the idiots selling to the idiots. then no one would pay their bill, everyone would have iphones for free and the industry would die overnight......maybe
KingTiger

Nov 3, 2008, 5:13 PM
I still agree. Even if it's idiots selling phones to idiots they're bound to learn something from it.

I worked an Alltel store for a year and I now have a lot more respect for the salesman. I also learned a lot about responsibility (from the people who aren't responsible 😛 )
Menno

Nov 3, 2008, 6:15 PM
It doesn't have to be cellphones, any work in sales that there is some contract involved (cable, etc) or even just retail or something as simple as being a waiter/waitress.
deepc185

Nov 4, 2008, 1:00 AM
Being a waiter is far from a simple job. It is probably one of the most stressful jobs I've ever had. Customers are rude, demanding, and the cheap ones will kill your $$$!
Menno

Nov 4, 2008, 12:43 PM
I know it is not simple to do, I worded it wrong. What I meant is that, at least for my company, the training required in order to actually work in a store is significantly more difficult and time consuming than what I did to be a waiter.
PhonemanJ

Nov 4, 2008, 7:20 PM
Actually, for most people it would not take a year. I have always said that everyone should work in a retail store 1 Christmas season in their life. The way that they would treat salespeople, service people and waiters and waitresses would change for the better. One of the worst fights my wife and I had was in Wally World when a checkout person didn't do something that my wife wanted her to do. She was new and didn't know if she could do what my wife wanted so hesitated and my wife went ballistic. I had to drag her out before security did. She wanted to know why I took the side of the checkout person and I told her that I am behind that counter 5 or 6 days a week, so I could sympathize with her. She still is mad at me about that, but I see p...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Nov 6, 2008, 2:57 AM
Its like the old saying goes dont P^ss off the people who make your food they might P^ss in it.

As for sales and wireless. I hate it when I am in the middle of and some on rushes to the counter mid sale and demands I re up is pay as you go phone.

There is a big sign behind my counter that reads "Pay As You Go Customers are Subject to extended wait times during peak hours."

Yet people still want there dam pre paid phones filled. The quick'e mart across the street sells re fills and they under cut me by alot yet people keep comeing into my store lol.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.