Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Get this.

CellularHolocaust

Oct 21, 2008, 5:31 PM
I come in today to find out that some customers I had several months ago got their service cut off after refusing to pay a huge bill. I won't specify the amount but it is outlandishly high.

They claim that they told me they wanted unlimited text and Internet and that it's my fault they got this bill. Apparently they are going to come back with a paper from the provider that I have to sign saying it was my fault it didn't get added on.

First of all, **** them. Secondly, if they got it several months ago maybe they should have noticed something was up once they got huge charges on the first bill. They've had numerous bills to see that someone was racking up charges. Thirdly, I triple even quadruple check to make sure the customer has eve...
(continues)
themasterpianist

Oct 21, 2008, 5:40 PM
I wouldn't sign it if I were in your position.
CellularHolocaust

Oct 21, 2008, 5:44 PM
They had over three ****ing months! You're telling me all of a sudden their phone bill is spiked up after 3 months and it's my fault? **** THEM! Good luck getting anything out of me.
themasterpianist

Oct 21, 2008, 5:51 PM
So they're just claiming you didn't offer it? Sounds like a bunch of BS to me. I'd tell them to quit crying and pay for being stupid.
CellularHolocaust

Oct 21, 2008, 5:56 PM
Yes, and incredibly enough they're claming this 3-4 months after they racked up such a huge bill their service got cut off. This is what happens when you don't restrict a young teenagers phone. Not my fault.

I'm not taking my high numbers and going to my company and saying "Guys, I suck. I really suck. I am responsible for this guy racking up a huge phone bill. Yes, I realize he got the phone four months ago but SOMEHOW it's my fault that in the last month he racked up a giant bill. I am totally responsible and you should fire me. Don't just fire me, I deserve a good swift kick in the ass because I am responsible for dipshits teenage daughter sending 20000 texts and downloading ringers".
Menno

Oct 21, 2008, 6:53 PM
I've had those. The fun part is bringing out a copy of their contract and showing them exactly where I underlined the text messaging package (or lack of it) on the contract, showing them that I didn't put them on the select plan because they didn't want it.

They say I put the mark there, so I ask them for their copy. If they have it (most don't) they see the line.

Then I tell them that I warned them about the texting plans, but they didn't want to pay the extra amount. If they want to change their plan, I would be happy to help them, but if they want to argue the charges, they will have to call customer service, because I explained everything when I went over their contract.
CellularHolocaust

Oct 21, 2008, 7:55 PM
A copy of their contract? It's been like 4 months that **** was sent out to headquarters LONG AGO. 😎
Menno

Oct 21, 2008, 9:04 PM
We keep a copy on hand at all times, for issues like this.
uscellagent22

Oct 22, 2008, 12:30 PM
I have the same problem but more on the insurance side of things. They say they didn't want insurance on their phones, they break it six months later, and say "You didn't offer it to me" I bust out the contract and show them where they signed on the contract DENYING insurance. Usually I get the ok I'm sorry for being a pain your arse story. Or I'll get the "THIS ISNT OVER! I'M CALLING HEADQUARTERS!" whatever its right there in writing, suck it up and pay for a new phone or cancel its that simple.
Menno

Oct 22, 2008, 12:38 PM
We actually have a separate form for ETF's now so people can't say that we didn't explain it to them. We also have our own protection that they have to sign off for even if they deny.
wizardofCroz

Oct 26, 2008, 1:55 PM
Its funny when they say "i had insurance before and i tried to use it but they wanted 50 DOLLARS FOR A NEW PHONE! Isn't that crazy?" Then come in with a broken phone and complain how high our no contract phone prices are. WTF people?

Oh you declined insurance? Well actually we have the 3 strike rule. You can f*ck your phone up in the washing machine up to 3 times, and each time you get a brand new phone in the store absolutely free.
BigShowJB

Oct 21, 2008, 8:00 PM
#1 don't sign sh!t for them,
#2, what do they expect to get out of that document "from the carrier?"
#3 one thing I do, (and I hope you do it too) is tell my customers that if there is ever anything that doesn't look right on the bill or they don't know where it came from, call me immediately.
CellularHolocaust

Oct 21, 2008, 8:06 PM
#3 sounds like a good way to further trust but I go over the plan 3-4 times because the more stuff they put on the more money I get.
kapwww

Oct 21, 2008, 8:10 PM
I would contact my account manager ASAP and make sure the store manager/dm/company owner knows the situation ASAP. I sure as hell wouldn't sign anything. If you do, they will probably credit the account and take money from the store commissions or come crap like that. Let the account manager or DM do their job and defend the company against dumb customers and ignorant care reps. If you flat out lied, it would be different, but you would have to be an idiot to lose data numbers and commission on a sale. Fark it all.
CellularHolocaust

Oct 21, 2008, 8:20 PM
Indirect. They have no way of charging us anything and I'm not giving them legal authority to do so. I don't even think a signature would authorize that as I'm on the bottom of a giant corporate ladder. Anyway it's laughable I just wanted to vent how absurd and retardedly gay it was.
dxniel

Oct 22, 2008, 9:34 AM
i wouldnt worry about it, im sure you being a sales rep u mentioned text packages and then some cuz of the money of course so Fu(k them lol 🙂
BigShowJB

Oct 23, 2008, 11:35 AM
on this...this is funny
caca

Oct 23, 2008, 1:57 PM
🤣

sounds like sum good tp

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.