Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Software can hold drivers' cell-phone calls

llama

Oct 14, 2008, 1:50 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- When David Teater's 12-year-old son, Joe, was killed in 2004 by a driver who was talking on a cell phone, he tried to cut back on his own habit of driving and talking. It turned out to be very difficult.

"You have to remember to turn the phone off ... which you never remember to do. Or you have to ignore a ringing phone, which is incredibly hard," Teater said. "We've been conditioned our entire lives to answer ringing phones."

Teater became an advocate for curbing what he calls "driving while distracted," and now, he's part of a company with a technology that can help.

Aegis Mobility, a Canadian software company, announced Monday that it has developed software called DriveAssistT that will detect whether a cell phon...
(continues)
OfAMightDivine

Oct 14, 2008, 1:56 PM
"The software can be managed remotely through a Web site. For instance, parents will get alerts if their kids override the motion-sensing feature to indicate that they're riding in car rather than driving. A corporation that buys the software for their employees can do the same."

I don't like the idea of someone being able to tell exactly where I am at every moment of my day as long as I have my phone with me.
motodude69

Oct 14, 2008, 3:07 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
I don't like the idea of someone being able to tell exactly where I am at every moment of my day as long as I have my phone with me.

Haven't had many girlfriends, huh?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.