Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Dam Indian call Centers!

Nadesico81

Oct 9, 2008, 3:30 AM
Long RANT but contains somethng entertaining.

As some of you know I work in the UK but am American.

This happend to me a few months ago.

I got a call from a indian call Center that was claiming to work for 3. (3 is the name of the UK's only full 3g network)

"Helo Mr Smith (not my real name btw) my names is Haeerey and I ams calling on behalf of 3 do youu have somes times to talk now?

Well it did not start out well. His english was about as good as my Pajabi. Needless to say I dont speak crazy Indian.

They offerd me a deal on a new N73 with 12 month contract and some crazy ammout of time for 30 pounds.

Before he started the call he verified all my info short of my bank details. Ok np my info was sold by some slime ...
(continues)
llama

Oct 9, 2008, 8:18 AM
3 must be owned by "The Mobile Solutions"...
kickmeoffphonescoop

Oct 9, 2008, 10:30 PM
"3 must be owned by "The Mobile Solutions"... "

Best burn I've ever seen on PhoneScoop. You got it right. Getting caught up in TMS is like getting herpes, but worse.
CBR600

Oct 11, 2008, 1:03 PM
that was amazing...and i agree....they have to be
Juanbyjuan

Oct 10, 2008, 9:14 PM
wow... I really laughed at this one.
BigShowJB

Oct 9, 2008, 10:17 AM
yes it does. It's called slamming here, if you don't remember from living here. It happened a LOT with long distance landline carriers a few years back.
Ghosthendrikson

Oct 9, 2008, 11:07 AM
Which is now illegal here in the U.S. and carrys stiff penalties and fines for those accused of it.
TMobRep

Oct 9, 2008, 11:20 AM
Congrats on the new phone!!!! LOL
maycroft

Oct 10, 2008, 10:17 AM
really?
Nadesico81

Oct 14, 2008, 9:01 AM
Yea 3 use nothing but Indian call centers. They dont give a inch and have crapy ways of dealing with people. Not like 3 has a large network here. But hey at least its full 3G.

Oh did I mention 3 gimps there phone. If you take a 3 sim and put it in another handset that not a branded 3 handset they will shut your serivce off.
BigShowJB

Oct 14, 2008, 10:03 AM
Are they owned by Verizon?
Nadesico81

Oct 15, 2008, 1:51 AM
Shows how much you know pift!

Nah 3 is owned by a company call Hutch they have networks in Austrasia and Hong Kong. I think France Telcom is a major investor.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.