Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

interview with VZW (advice)

GRitzma

Oct 2, 2008, 12:44 PM
ive been working for pink for almost three years and i've learned no two companys are alike, today I was called for an interiew with VZW and current employees out there who have any advice on how to make the interview run as smoothly as possible?
cellfiend

Oct 2, 2008, 7:52 PM
You've been working for pink? 🤤

Yeah I got advice for interviewing for vzw. Bend over.
OfAMightDivine

Oct 2, 2008, 10:49 PM
cellfiend said:
Yeah I got advice for interviewing for vzw. Bend over.

True story. We have to do it all the time. Stay with Big Pink.
GRitzma

Oct 3, 2008, 8:47 AM
yeah, almost 3 years, the grass is always greener I suppose, vzw is full time and pays better hourly
xxAnArChYxx187

Oct 3, 2008, 7:38 AM
Be as detailed with a sernario as possible. Managers look for a problem, solution, how you implemented it, and then the result.

This will be catered towards for individual performance for a sales interview and more indept and catered towards coaching/results for a manager interview.

Shoot me a pm I have a guide you may want to look at
GRitzma

Oct 3, 2008, 8:49 AM
xxAnArChYxx187 said:
Be as detailed with a sernario as possible. Managers look for a problem, solution, how you implemented it, and then the result.

This will be catered towards for individual performance for a sales interview and more indept and catered towards coaching/results for a manager interview.

Shoot me a pm I have a guide you may want to look at

I tried to send you a pm, it says you wish not to be contacted directly
xxAnArChYxx187

Oct 3, 2008, 2:18 PM
Sorry, I updated the profile to accept private messages.

What position are you applying for? I'll make sure I get a copy of the proper guide for you
llama

Oct 3, 2008, 9:06 AM
Follow the STAR technique.

S/T = situation or task
A = action on that task or situation
R = results of that action

Best technique to make your "star" shine.
GRitzma

Oct 3, 2008, 9:32 AM
duely noted
cellfiend

Oct 3, 2008, 3:18 PM
What kind of cheesy bullshit is that? See problem -> solve problem. Wow really? You mean 1 + 1 really DOES = 2? OMGX0R!!! You think that's going to impress a manager or someone higher up?
GRitzma

Oct 4, 2008, 10:16 AM
cellfiend said:
What kind of cheesy bull**** is that? See problem -> solve problem. Wow really? You mean 1 + 1 really DOES = 2? OMGX0R!!! You think that's going to impress a manager or someone higher up?

actually we've had people interview at this store and not be hired on those grounds exactly, my manager will come out and say he/she interviewed well but they couldn't give me specific scenarios and what happened when they fixed them
o0 Dame Dash 0o

Oct 3, 2008, 4:40 PM
I work for an indirect sales kiosk at a mall for verizon. I just came in talked to the manager and told him my experience and what my future goals were he hired me on the spot. Ive been here for two months now and i am now manager and got a 2 dollar raise! no manager experience before either!
Butthead007

Oct 3, 2008, 5:54 PM
The STAR format is the method used for the interview--Situation, task, etc.

They are very particular about who they hire. I do not work in retail but I do work for VZW and they are not easy to get into. The benefits are great though.
GRitzma

Oct 4, 2008, 10:18 AM
Butthead007 said:
The STAR format is the method used for the interview--Situation, task, etc.

They are very particular about who they hire. I do not work in retail but I do work for VZW and they are not easy to get into. The benefits are great though.

I've heard that too, I was actually shocked when I was called for an interview

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.