Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Tech Support do's and dont's

PhoneTwit

Feb 13, 2005, 6:55 PM
I'm in a class and we're supposed to come up with a list of do's and don'ts for getting technical help. I thought I would ask those of you who help real customers this question:

What can you, as a customer do, to help you get the best possible help from a help desk. I have these 2 guidelines already.

Don't call when you're angry/frustrated
Have everything available - your phone or computer or bill or whatever...

Any other ideas?
sammy2

Feb 13, 2005, 7:23 PM
there is nothing wrong with calling when you are angry or frustrated. The relevant issue is if and how they are expressed. It would be inappropriate for anyone to make personal attacks rather than focus on the issue at hand. That being said there is nothing wrong with expressing frustration to the rep about 1) the situation, 2) the type of help received to date, 3) mistakes you the rep are making, 4) the quality of service you are receiving from the rep.

All of these focus on content and compentancy instead of the character of the person.

Of course the customer should have all the relevant information at hand including the nature of the issue, who they spoke with and when, what was experienced to date and they should be familiar wi...
(continues)
PhoneTwit

Feb 15, 2005, 6:27 PM
Thank you - that's good advice!
Zaniphan

Feb 15, 2005, 6:33 PM
In addition, dont bring up irrelevant information, such as goin on a long winded story, stick to the points, it keeps the CSR active in helping you. Also, don't threaten the CSR (such as the good 'ol "I'm gonna disconnect if..." line), that will only complicate matters, stick to the issue at hand. Other than that, the previous explination was great. 😁
Revelance

Feb 16, 2005, 2:58 PM
Pretty much ...tech support is tech support.
were a group of people who deal with problems, not used to dealing with people, if you threaten to cancel that does not increase our ability to fix your phone. and honestly . it doesn't make a difference to us if you cancel or not, not trying to sound mean, trying to place things in perspective, we are tech, we can fix the issue, we just find out the problem, and that's what troubleshooting is all about, honestly, if your voicemail is not working, we dont' want to hear you lost a muli-million dollar contract, because it has nothing to do with the issue, if you want sympathy, call customer support, they'll apoligize, empathize, and reassure you just fine, we just want to fix your phone.
again thi...
(continues)
TommyBoy

Feb 15, 2005, 11:52 PM
Keeping the anger and frustration in check. Always remember that the rep on the other end is not the billing system and usually the rep did not intentially make a mistake. When yelling at a rep remember that will not make them do 110% but rather they will just do the bear minimum to shut you up and get you off the phone or out of their face. realize that customers hear what they want to sometimes. A rep can explain something and if the customer wants to hear otherwise they can and will.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.