Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Stupid discounts...

kapwww

Sep 27, 2008, 5:54 PM
So we sell OEM car chargers with 2 year warranty including covering physical damage. We sell them for $19.99.

This lady just came in wanting an LG Dare CLA. I rung it up and told her $21.XX and she says "did you put my discount on there?". I explained that we are a retailer for Verizon Wireless so I don't have a list of discounts based on who the employer is, however, the VZW store sells the chargers for $29.99 so even if she got a 25% discount, my price was less.

She then says...and this part made me want to kick her... ENTITLED to a 25% discount". I told her that was an offering being made by Verizon Wireless and not by my company. Then, sensing that she just wasn't going to give up, I told her that if she wanted me to match ...
(continues)
Crapbag

Sep 27, 2008, 5:56 PM
🤣 Nice.
OfAMightDivine

Sep 27, 2008, 6:18 PM
Ugh... the "E" word... *shudders*
kapwww

Sep 27, 2008, 7:09 PM
Yeah. Makes me want to charge them double or find a way to rip them off...
fakename

Oct 1, 2008, 6:06 PM
but it's funny becuase he wasn't actually trying to rip her off...!
kapwww

Sep 27, 2008, 7:06 PM
The next guy in the door claimed he could get at 50% discount off of the full retail price of a phone. I told him it might be possible off of the 2-year price but that he was not eligible as he had just purchased a phone 4 months ago with contract (on a $39.99 plan). I even called CS to check notes on the account in case a rep had made the promise, then I would know to direct the guy to a corporate store. Nothing was noted on the account. He wanted a Dare but just didn't want to pay for it. Sorry buddy! No can do!
cellfiend

Sep 27, 2008, 8:03 PM
Help me understand this. Since when does an employee rate plan have *anything* to do with acessories or the price of a cell phone? Are you confusing some special offer they got in the mail through vzw direct?
I AM GOD

Sep 27, 2008, 8:15 PM
🤣 Y, are you drunk on the job again? Read the post again.... 🤣
cellularconnection

Sep 29, 2008, 6:11 PM
There are some company discounts that will cover the cost of accessories etc, but these discounts are often only valid online or at corporate stores.

Most of the time, indirect agents can sell things for a lot cheaper than a corporate store, so discounting the item isn't hard (unless the employee doesn't have the power to do so. So what I do is quote them our retail price (something close to corporate pricing), and then give them $5 or so off the price of the item for their Discount.

Keeping the customer happy is pretty important, but it can get frustrating at times, especially if the customer feels they are entitled to special treatment.
devilsmafia

Sep 28, 2008, 11:37 AM
I get that all the time. People are always telling me that they are "entitled" to thier VZW discount of %25 on accessories. I just say to them "I can certainly match your discount and sell you this CLA for $26.00 or, I could just ring it up at our normal price of $19.99. It's up to you" 😈
OfAMightDivine

Sep 28, 2008, 12:52 PM
Of all the things that customers do on a daily basis that irritates me, nothing irritates me more than a sense of entitlement.

Especially when they get all snotty and tell you that they are entitled to something.
stinkercole

Sep 30, 2008, 10:59 AM
Verizon indirects can give discounts??? I figured since they were already cheaper than a retail store that they couldn't give additional discounts? Must be awesome. See if I did any of that I would get the boot out the door.
OfAMightDivine

Sep 30, 2008, 11:49 AM
Reply to the right person?
cellularconnection

Sep 30, 2008, 1:11 PM
Yep. I can give you yourEmployee discount at 26.00, or I can sell it to you for the everyday low price of 19.99. Your choice.
M15TER P1NK

Oct 1, 2008, 3:21 PM
My favorite is people coming in grabbing an accessory off the wall and throwing it down on my desk without saying a word...

then i ring it up and tell them their amount and they are like "did you put my discount on there?"

several things wrong with this...

1 how the hell am i supposed to know you are supposed to get a discount... you havent said anything to me and completely ignored me when i said "did you find everything ok?"

2 ... no... because you dont get one... at our CS level there is only one company in the world that gets a discount and its the united states postal service... and you dont work there... how do i know... because only 2 postal workers ever come in here and i know them by name... and happily remember to apply...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Oct 2, 2008, 4:47 AM
GAH! I hate it when people come in and buy a CLA and complain it does not have the carrier name on it!

Discounts we sell XCEL CLA's and Cases. They both od the sam thing as a CLA bought at the Vodafone core store. So there not red and white big fricken deal.

Dont get me going about discounts piff. I deal mostly with US Military so it can be hard. They are use to Amercian phones and plans but when they find all ALL in comeing calls are free no matter what they are happy.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.