Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Old people not understanding prepay rant - a little long

kapwww

Sep 23, 2008, 3:40 PM
This old couple just came in. They asked about prepay. I explain to them the inpulse prepay chart, asked who they were calling, how much they planned to call, etc, etc, etc and determined they won't use the phone at all. It will sit in the car for emergencies and they might call their son who has a VZW cell phone.

Great! I recommend the basic Core plan with a basic phone. I also suggest they purchase the $100 block of airtime as it has a 1-year expiration so they don't have to worry each month about making a payment. They show understanding in their eyes and like the suggestion.

They ask "how many minutes do we get for $100". I went back and explained (same as I had before) that it depends on who they call. It isn't a set amou...
(continues)
maycroft

Sep 24, 2008, 7:59 AM
this generation is new to them and they dont know how to cope with us.
llama

Sep 24, 2008, 8:48 AM
maycroft said:
this generation is new to them and they dont know how to cope with us.

Looks like you people are the ones not coping.
maycroft

Sep 24, 2008, 8:56 AM
what do you mean by that?
llama

Sep 24, 2008, 9:00 AM
He was bitching about old people not understanding...maybe he wasn't being clear about presenting. Old people aren't stupid. Young people tend to be arrogant and disrespectful with older people, IMO.
maycroft

Sep 24, 2008, 9:01 AM
i believe you are correct.
VOICE OF REASON

Sep 24, 2008, 10:17 PM
That's because old people like you are brain dead. 🤣
cellularconnection

Sep 27, 2008, 11:11 AM
The problem isn't with his explanation, the problem is that InPulse is very different from other prepay plans (at least the ones they most likely use).

I work in an area where there are a lot of people who only ever had prepay. Moreover, they have Trafone because it is 1) Cheap to buy the phones 2)Very easy to understand the terms, even if per minute they can be pricey.

Lets look at their set up:
On their cards they clearly list how much the card costs, how many minutes you get for that cost, and how long that card will last you (how many months you can go before you need to reactivate)

Now look at Inpulse:
The features it offers are head and shoulders above Trafone, but because of that the pricing will have to be a little more...
(continues)
llama

Sep 24, 2008, 8:49 AM
Try selling on the value of the 65 Plus plan. They understand value. I avoid wasting my time for the $5 I make on selling a prepay. The ROI is not worth it.
llama

Sep 24, 2008, 9:02 AM
kapwww said:
It frightens me that those same people are allowed to vote. Oh well.

That really shows your arrogance and ignorance.
kapwww

Sep 25, 2008, 11:28 PM
Not really. If they can't think for themselves, they are likely to believe the spin from the mainstream media without seeing things for what they really are.
Ghosthendrikson

Sep 27, 2008, 1:11 PM
So because these people can't grasp the conecpt behind Verizon PrePaid, you immeaditly assume that they are incapable of independent thought?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.