Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

ARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

ElTriste

Sep 20, 2008, 4:41 PM
I swear to god, the next person who says "Oh, well it's cheaper as costco" or "Walmarts got it cheaper" Like I give a flying fu(k....I'm gonna take my 24 volt power transformer, construct a rudimentary tazer, using the transformer and my 30 amp power supply, and blow them across the mall to GNC, and laugh hysterically as they make feeble attempts to pick themselves up and go to costco and walmart 😈 😈 😈
Duct Taper

Sep 20, 2008, 4:58 PM
Get it on video dude, I need to laugh my a$$ off
dshearn

Sep 20, 2008, 5:18 PM
Now....that.... would be worth watching....

Macguiver gone bad...
metalsmokearsenal

Sep 20, 2008, 6:58 PM
I miss Macguiver, what happened to my "Hero"! " I need a hero I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night"-Footloose. 😎
sprintguy19

Sep 21, 2008, 10:16 AM
of course, if you were that smart, you wouldn't be working in the mall, now would you?
cellfiend

Sep 21, 2008, 11:15 AM
Tell them that's because they sell refurbished phones and add in that their sales people don't make commission so they do not care about the sale nor will they help them out nor ensure 110% customer satisfaction. You will because if the phone is returned you don't keep the commission. Honest approach...

If they counter with 'no they're not refurbished!' just say you heard they were from people who work there. What's the worst that can happen? They're not going to buy? They weren't going to anyway with the price differences.
FishTac0

Sep 21, 2008, 11:43 AM
Costco salespeople do make a commission and do not sell refurb phones. We also get hit with chargebacks if they return so we sell them the right phone the first time. Also we ensure them 110% satisfaction because we offer a 90 return policy on there handsets, which covers anything from price changes, disliking the phone, or even if customer breaks it on accident within that first 3 months. Im sorry if our sales at Costco beat all the corporate stores, and that we carry all three major carriers, give away free accessories with every handset, and have free activation fees, but don't hate on us for those customers comments. But I do agree about the Walmart stores, they don't get commission so there sales people tend to lack the compassions we o...
(continues)
cellfiend

Sep 21, 2008, 12:04 PM
FishTac0 said:
Costco salespeople do make a commission and do not sell refurb phones. We also get hit with chargebacks if they return so we sell them the right phone the first time.

Not what I heard. Too bad for you you're not here when I talk to custies.

Also we ensure them 110% satisfaction because we offer a 90 return policy on there handsets,

'Their' is a possessive adjective, where as 'there' is a noun for a location.
mikeyrey5

Sep 21, 2008, 3:01 PM
WORD......he needs to work on his english.haha

BURN!!!!!!!! 😉
oldbluebox

Sep 22, 2008, 10:25 AM
Cute that you guys are upset about the fact that his prices are cheaper at his store so now you insult is grammar.

Don't be jealous that his company's prices on phones are cheaper, go work there.

Use that information to your advantage and stop being an @ss.

By the way, I confirmed that the phone salespeople at costco do make commission and in this case, probably more than you do.

kthxbye.
Simply Wireless

Sep 22, 2008, 10:34 AM
BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!😉
FishTac0

Sep 22, 2008, 10:55 AM
Its ok oldbluebox, any reader can tell they are just mad that they cannot offer the same prices and customer satisfactory as Costco. I do agree, however, that if you guys see how many customers are acknowledging the better deals at Costco then maybe you should apply there. I am not even a manager and I probably bank more than most other cellular stores around me. Also you don't have to worry about angry customers or complaints because everyone is so pleased that they bought here and received great customer service that they never complain. I was previously a SunCom sales rep and it sucked because all I heard all day was complaints. Now I'm selling in Costco and make more than before, have no headaches at all, full benefits, and the most flex...
(continues)
AV2008

Sep 22, 2008, 11:32 AM
😢
Sigma1570

Sep 22, 2008, 4:17 PM
🤣
jaywill021

Oct 1, 2008, 3:07 AM
i dunno what your talking about. I was offered a job to sell phones at a costco in my area. when i looked at what they offered as far commission i laughed inside, plus the hourly was crap. they called me after the interview asking me when i will be able to start and i told them i will have to check my schedule, but never called them back. i got a job with another company that offered better compensation and i mean much better compensation. i always get those customers that say this phone was cheaper at costco and so on, but i always close them.
mikeyrey5

Sep 22, 2008, 12:19 PM
ouch sorry oldbluebox 🤣 peace
Simply Wireless

Sep 22, 2008, 10:33 AM
BURN!!!!!!!!😉
Nadesico81

Sep 22, 2008, 1:46 PM
I am very surprised that ATT, VZW Sprint etc lets Cosco and Wal Mart under cut every one else. Most of there activations must have a ton of problem attached to them.

As the old saying goes you get what you pay for. American cell company's need to do what they do here in the UK and give all the phones away for free. As long as you have an 18 month contract and a decent plan.

btw I work for Vodafone UK but I am American I use to work for the Shack back in the day.
beergirl

Sep 22, 2008, 4:20 PM
when a cust comes in we look at the dealer or comp code and if there is anything on there in reguards to radioshack, costco or walmart we just tell them we can't help them because of where they purchased the phone and tell them to go back to pos or call over the phone. Why buy a phone from someone that doesn't care to help after the sale and doesn't even have the means to help? Like a costco or walmart employee cares about AT&T or Verizon customer service.

Further more
We are paid to care and to be the experts in our field and they are not.
oldbluebox

Sep 22, 2008, 4:29 PM
beergirl said:
Further more
We are paid to care and to be the experts in our field and they are not.

You said you're paid to care...yet...you won't help them if they bought their phones from Radioshack, Costco, Sams, or Walmart.

So you should fix that so it says that you're only paid to care for your customers, otherwise you don't give a sh1t.

Right?

Because an AT&T isn't a customer if he didn't buy the phone from you?

You're a hippocrate.
oldbluebox

Sep 22, 2008, 4:31 PM
Also, if they're not paid to be experts in their field then please tell me what they're being paid for?

Because they're working less hours than you and making a lot more money.

Again, don't be jealous.
beergirl

Sep 22, 2008, 4:46 PM
Yeah, right. You have no idea the kind of money I bring in. The hours I've spent training and researching. We basically look at you guys as the sales people with training wheels on. You're not a sales person if you have to give something away for free. I'll sell over and above every department store cell employee in my area, every time. Even if our phones aren't free!

Fact of the matter is, I am paid to care. By my PAYING customers. Here's how it works: customer signs contract. Customer pays for phone. Beergirl gets paid commission. Customer leaves store knowing that everything was done right the first time. They also know how to use their brand-spankin' new PDA smartphone (which, mind you, has the right features attached to the account),...
(continues)
oldbluebox

Sep 22, 2008, 5:33 PM
Again, in this case they're only AT&T customers if they bought the phones from you, otherwise you don't care.

And as for you bragging about having skill to sell phones for a cost that we sell for free:

Congrats, you sold the same phone to a customer that they could have gotten for free at costco with no activation fee.

Congrats on ripping your "customer" off.

And as for the HOURS you've spent training and researching:

I hope you're being compensated for that, because to be you're just some core store elitist.
beergirl

Sep 22, 2008, 6:05 PM
I'm not cor. I'm at an indirect dealer. He owns 10 stores in this area. We don't have the buying power you guys have, so we rely on our sales skills. Why should they pay me for a phone that you're going to give them? My expertise. Plain and simple. You give away a free phone, don't service your customer, then I have to deal with them because you don't have the know-how. You may be an exception to that rule. There are a few here and there, but as a general rule, the big box stores need to just stay out of the cell phone biz. If you are the exception to the rule, then go get a job somewhere that's going to properly compensate you for your efforts. Not some place that's going to pay you all the same for basic knowledge with little to no commiss...
(continues)
FishTac0

Sep 29, 2008, 3:51 PM
valid argument, but u have to make sure your not being so broad between the costco and the walmart stores. I am not trying to offend the Walmart people but Costco does make commission, does have the knowlerge and does make some bank. You go on about how you have done your research on phones and are very knowledgable about all products you sell yet you go on bashing other stores that you know nothing about. Im inside a Costco and i sell ATT as well. I know my phones, i know the features, my customers leave happy. I actually get a ton of customers from VZW and ATT corp almost daily that complain about the service they previously obtained at either store. So you see that it works both ways.
Nadesico81

Oct 1, 2008, 3:33 AM
Eh you pay to shop at Cosco. But I will pay extra money for good customer serivce ANY day of the week. If that means me paying an extra 50 dollars for a phone so be it.

I dont care WTF store you working in and where. It ALL boils down to ONE thing....

GIVEING GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Even if you are the meanest crapeyest slezeyest sales man in the world. If you give good customer serivce the customers will come back to you. However Customers on average are less likely to tell there friends they got good serivce at XYZ store. But its the AWSOME sales man that has his customers bring there friends to see him and only him.

If you give bad customer service that person will tell on average 3-5 of there friends. So it pays to give good...
(continues)
beergirl

Oct 7, 2008, 10:06 AM
Absolutely. Although, I must admit, I get tired of Mr. Customer walking in the door knowing nothing besides Best Buy's phone prices. They don't understand the service. They don't understand that they may need a higher data package because of the enterprise or exchange server that thier employer uses. They just know that the BlackBerry is $50 cheaper next door. I spend my time explaining the packages, giving them the service they need, and making sure they fully understand what's going on. Then they try to haggle prices like they're at the fish market. AT&T, as a whole, looks stupid when we all have inconsistent pricing. So Mr. Customer runs back over to Best Buy, gets his BlackBerry and comes back to me a week later because he has NO IDEA wh...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Oct 8, 2008, 2:16 AM
Sprint is GSM ha ha ha ha ha! Oh well I guess Best Buy Mobile needs some work.

Best Buy modeled there Cell phone section with the help of Car Phone wherehouse (CPW) here in the UK.

I find it funny when you walk into a CPW store it looks like a mini best buy with only cell phones. They have the Geek Squad and sell the Iphone YUK! Yet they have WAY more knowlage about phones then Best Buy.

But soon Best Buy is going to invade England god help us all!
oldbluebox

Sep 22, 2008, 4:26 PM
Actually, the people that buy from Costco have to PAY to shop there. They're paying about $50 a year just to be able to shop there.

So with that you get an extended return policy, free activation, free accessories, and better priced handsets.

So yes, you do get what you're paid for.

I don't know what's with everyone freaking out about Costco. I can understand Walmart but the big grudge against Costco doesn't make sense.

Again, don't be jealous. Go apply.
FishTac0

Sep 29, 2008, 3:40 PM
They don't undercut and can not undercut VZW, ATT, TMO or others. Plans and features are the same anywhere you go. Costco pays the activation fees themself for the customer. Phone prices are sold cheaper and accessories are given because Costco owns all the equipment. Therefore you get Same plans and features as any Corp store but better deal on phones. There are no attachment problems or cust surv problems what so ever. They leave happy and stay happy.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.