Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

New MEdia plans

hatesorange

Feb 12, 2005, 1:44 AM
What do you all think of the new MEdia plans versus the old ones? Kind of strange raising the price but taking away some of the included txt, pic msg, and Internet. I see they are incorporating the ATT pricing and raising the data price across the board. Too bad because I thought the MEdia Basic and Works were great plans and VERY competitive offerings. Well have to see what customers think. Thoughts?
ralph_on_me

Feb 12, 2005, 11:24 AM
I think they're raising the price on Data plans because Wireless Data is really where it's all going to. They're probably trying to make some money off it on the front end while it's not competetive, since rates will have to drop as things pick up. There are also a lot of things on the horizon for data transfer, which will lower the cost to companies and individuals in turn.
armyofun

Feb 12, 2005, 6:37 PM
I think its total BS 😳! Taking away usage and raising prices. It seems to me that now that Cingular is the nations largest provider, they figure that no one else can compete, so why not raise the prices. But ralph is right, the rates have gotten better and will need to stay competetive. the only good thing i've seen is the 1000 sms for 10 bucks. 'bout time they got a good deal with that.
greyrat

Feb 13, 2005, 2:53 AM
If any other carrier steps up to compete with Cingular's coverage, Cing will have hemorage customers like nothing they have seen before.
blatch

Feb 13, 2005, 3:54 AM
greyrat said:
If any other carrier steps up to compete with Cingular's coverage, Cing will have hemorage customers like nothing they have seen before.

step up?
they don't have the best coverage as it is now.

Hemorage in my hands
BlueGuy

Feb 13, 2005, 4:13 AM
blatch said:
greyrat said:

step up?
they don't have the best coverage as it is now.

Hemorage in my hands

Don't worry , greyrat is one of those reps from Cingular "BLUE" that tells sustomers to stay where they are, cuz he hates cingular, cuz they are gonna take his job from him, and give it to people who like their job and cingular, he's hemmoraging, and will for the next 5 days then he's aight for the next month!!
greyrat

Feb 15, 2005, 2:33 AM
not true at all. I would just hate to see the company make the mistakes that cost aws so much during the LNP rollout.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.